“Congratulations on the make-over”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Stratford Alcester
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Alcester
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Congratulations on the make-over”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

You get what you pay for and as always when me and my other half book a Travelodge we arrive with no expectations because over the years we've had some excellent accommodation...and some I wouldn't return to if they paid me.
Just after booking the room for two nights I received an email advising me of the ongoing works being carried out in the hotel - surely modernisation can only be a positive thing?
Booked in quickly and efficiently by a lovely guy on reception. Room was on ground floor and was very clean if a little dated. Mmmmm...our room hadn't had the makeover but it did have a new bed. Shortly after unpacking we were advised that we'd have to move the following morning so the decorators could make a start on the room :( After a very comfy night we moved onto the first floor, just above the reception area. The room was huge but immaculate. Another wonderful bed. Two extremely squishy pillows - each. Fluffy snow white towels. AND a shower that actually managed to wake me up!
The work being done in other areas of the hotel didn't affect us in any way, and if we did encounter any of the decorators, etc they were a friendly bunch.
The only negative thing I can mention are the doors. Like I said, we were in the room above reception so everytime anyone entered or exited the hotel via the inner door it banged shut. It was the same with the door at the top of the stairs which was directly opposite our room. Maybe they need to fit the things I have on kitchen cupboard doors that make them close quietly. I will just say that the noise did not affect my sleep in any way shape or form as the bed was heavenly.
There's a handy MacDonalds and a petrol station on the same site, and Alcester village is just 2/3 mile down the road.
It's always best to ask the locals where's best to eat and the receptionist was brilliant - he even printed a copy of all the restaurants/pubs in the village and starred the ones he would recommend. Try the 'Bear Hotel' in Alcester.The food is divine and we loved the ambience of the place.
All in all we were very impressed with this Travelodge, will definitely call again if in the area, and one of my colleagues has already had an equally good stay after my recommendation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcester
Kings Court Hotel
#2 of 3 in Alcester
Premier Inn Evesham Hotel
The Southcrest Manor Hotel
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon Waterways Hotel
Premier Inn Stratford Upon Avon ...
#6 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Travelodge Stratford Alcester? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Stratford Alcester

Property: Travelodge Stratford Alcester
Address: A435 Birmingham Road | Oversley Mill Roundabout, Alcester B49 6PQ, England
Region: United Kingdom > England > Warwickshire > Alcester
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Alcester
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Stratford Alcester 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U. and Travelodge Hotels Ltd so you can book your Travelodge Stratford Alcester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Travelodge Stratford Alcester Hotel Alcester