“Fantastic stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Alcester
westmidlands
“Fantastic stay”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

My daughter booked up for my husbands 60th birthday ..As we arrived we were greeted by Coral who made us feel so welcome , the room was great, we enjoyed our stay we have booked up again in 2 weeks ..they have a good deal at the moment 3 nights for £70 .. Coral the receptionist is so professional a nd a credit to the company ,the breakfast is so filling we did not stay for the miday buffet it did not look nice aĺl in all we had a good stay

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Friendly helpful staff and tasty plentiful breakfast. My single room was however very sorely in need of decoration which was particularly galling since I had booked a few days away with a friend to get away from the decorating!! Some furnishings were tired and grubby - disappointing.

Room Tip: Check you are booking an upgraded room and I imagine you'll be okay.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CarolineR176
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

So first impressions, not quite what I expected from the web site, this place is more 70's 80's and 90's pub with a Motel than Olde Worlde, real mix of styles not very well integrated.

That said my Upgraded room type was fine, very good bed, only mould in shower / bath and grotty 80's tables spoilt the look / quality.

The food average to good. I would say god if my sea bass wasn't covered in gunky sauce. Breakfast typical hotel breakfast.

Best bit the friendly service.

Tip - take great care over room type, suspect basic rooms not v good.

Hotel GM / owner bit more investment upgrading and lots of scope to keep one or two maintenance guys busy.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank MikeEdw
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

If I had been paying for the room and not the company I would have kicked up a fuss.
Reception/restaurant and bar staff were pretty friendly, the food was ok and the prices typical of a hotel with a captive audience.
The room I had was not brilliant, it had a musky sort of a smell to it, so I opened the windows, Big mistake, not only did I let in dozens of flies to add to the already dead ones on the window bottom, but there was a leaking over flow pipe from upstairs pouring onto the flat roof just outside the room window. So needless to say sleep was a bit difficult with the windows open, not good when it was so warm in the room.
Other than clean bedding and towels I'm not sure the room was cleaned properly, when I ventured into the bathroom (which was carpeted no less, I mean carpet in a bathroom, come on) the shower curtain had 4/5 broken hooks and there was a used shampoo bottle left on top of the shower unit.
When one of my colleagues asked why there were so many flies the member of staff replied "we are in the middle of the country side". I understand that stuff gets spread on farmers fields but not in the hotel.

Room Tip: steer clear of any room above the bar.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank sambukaSam
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We have just returned from a two night stay on a Groupon deal which included a three course meal on the first night. On the positive side the premier room we stayed in was very nice, clean and well equipped. There was a wedding party on at the hotel but the noise was minimal. Breakfast was very good, the three course meal however, was not. The meal itself was from a restricted menu with very little choice. The starter and sweet were reasonable but the main course was appalling. It takes a great deal of effort to create a plate of food that bad and totally spoilt the evening. Throughout are stay the staff were poor. At no time from booking in, service in the bar and restaurant, and to booking out did any body enquire if we had enjoyed our stay, or our meal, or if everything was satisfactory. In fact we were basically ignored.
Its a shame really because with a little effort our stay could have been so much better and we would have been happy to recommend to others and use the hotel again. We will not be doing.

Room Tip: The premier rooms are good, quiet and well away from the main building
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Coleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed for 1 night with a friend as we were attending a lace design day in Aston Cantlow. Lovely hotel, friendly staff and comfortable bar/restaurant. We didn't have any problems with flies or loud music even though there was a wedding on and had windows open as it was hot. We stay several times a year and just keep going back so happy to recommend it. See you again in September!

Room Tip: We like rooms in the new block
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
London uk
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights July 18th -21st . As we were attending a wedding at Ragley Hall on the 19th . 1st the good things : The staff are wonderful , very polite and welcoming. Our room 43 was on the 1st floor of the new Block and it was very nice , exactly the same as the picture. Bathroom was was great , clean and bright , loads of hot water no matter what time if day , fresh towels daily , hot beverage station , topped off . Use of ironing board and iron with no quibble left in the room. The wifi connection though was archaic my iPad & iPhone refused to let me connect , save for 30secs when I was standing in reception . However now let me tell you about the negatives . The FLIES ..... Luckily about 2 secs before we left home . I looked at TA and saw a new review about the flies .... Well it's a heatwave in. The uk right now as it's summer . I grabbed the Raid fly killer & despite hubby looking at me as if I'm mad put it in my handbag .. Thank heaven . Alas there is no air con OR fans in the room and they are sweltering . We went out. In the evening left window open .OMG swarms in the room . It took 6 blasts but counted 37 "bodies" which were taken away by house keeping in the morning without a word ......... The flies are everywhere outside which day & night ... The hotel has a dove cote and nesting swifts I think that's the problem . It's a great shame as it's impossible to have an open window . So they should either instal air conditioning in the rooms ( it is 2014 people & and a least provide a cheap fan in the 29c heat) & or get rid of the disgusting flie problem.
The breakfast is good , but be warned the restraint fare & the twisted boot fare is plentiful but strangely flavourless? Weird it's not bad but very very bland. Also the young bar staff / wine waiters as sweet as they are don't seem to realize White wine must be kept in the fridge .. To chuck it in a nice bucket with ice cubes won't work .. Keep it in the fridge .. Get ice bucket, put in ice cubes , then fill with cold water .. Then add chilled white wine .... Our wine was so warm , we had to add ice .. Which is dreadful !
Yes it was a great little break and if the flies weren't there and the food had some flavour I would mark it higher . Despite the positive aspects which were excellent, We won't return.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank amp1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcester
The Throckmorton
Best Western Salford Hall Hotel
The Stratford, A QHotel
The Stratford, A QHotel
#5 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Kings Court Hotel? Share your experiences!