“Will return without reservation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alcester
Coughton Lodge Guest House
Ranked #6 of 8 Alcester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Hotel very clean and welcoming. Room on small side but very comfortable with good bathroom and facilities. Staff very welcoming. Excellant English breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 February 2011

Very clean, proportionate rooms with lovely oak beams and great value for money. Set in a good rural location, although the traffic noise kept me awake but my partner slept like a log! The service and breakfast was exceptional. We would without doubt stay here again and definately recommend to friends and family. Lots of country pubs around for an evening meal if you prefer but also only a short 25 minute drive to Stratford-Upon-Avon. Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2010

My wife and I arrived at the Coughton Lodge for a surprise birthday weekend.

We arrived into the courtyard area with it being very dark (perhaps some lighting may be a good idea??) to find an envelope with our room keys attatched by the front door with a welcome note and a contact phone number if we had any problems.

We arrived in our room, which to our horror was room 3 which had been mentioned a few times on Tripadvisor about a nightmare bed that sqeaked and made noise at any turn, we placed our bag on the bed and the noise was so loud and there would be no way we could have stayed in this room.

We then called and asked if we could change rooms and Graham came straight around and gave us a new room this was Room 4 right by the front door! Perfect!

The room itself was on the small side and a little cramped but the shower and toilet was fantastic and the dvd/tv in the room was a nice touch. The bed was quite hard but ok for the duration of our stay.

We got up to have breakfast and found the breakfast room to be a bit chilly but to be expected in a 600 year old House! The Breakfast which I had was a full english, quite a long wait for this to arrive and when it did it was just warm, quite the disappointment after reading reviews n here stating their breakfast is a must!! It was just OK. The other items on offer was good, freshly made coffee, teas all the usual and yoghurts, cereal etc etc.

The location was perfect as it was only 15 minutes drive from Stratford Upon Avon and the pubs nearby was ok.

Graham always made his way to the Breakfast room in the mornings so say hello to everyone, which is nice.

The hallway itself was packed with locval info and a tuckshop with cans of coke, chocolate bars, bottles of water and crisps and snacks all priced at 50p with an honesty box to put the money in. This was great for those midnight munchies!

The greatest touch was that you are able to use the Facilities at the near by Barcelo, which has full spa facilities all of course free of charge for your use whilst you stay there!!! Sauna & Steam rooms were perfect!!

I would go back here for a short stay but wish next time we can have one of the larger rooms that exist in the 12 Bedroomed B&B.

It was a nice place and we will return!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2010

We have stayed at Coughton Lodge many times . The ground floor accomodation is clean and comfortable We cannot recommend Coughton Lodge too highly.
Jean and Brian Reilly Thornton Cleveleys

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2010

We stayed at Coughton Lodge for the August bank holiday, I booked it as a suprise for my husbands birthday, on first impressions it looked very charming really easy to find and in a tranquil setting.
We were allocated room 8, it is the worst room I have ever stayed in, it's basically a single room with a double bed squashed into it, the bed was awful everytime you moved it creaked and groaned sounded more like a trampoline, the bathroom was one step from the bed and twice I managed to bump my head on the wall when putting my shoes on (yes that's how close it was)
On reading other reviews I wonder why we weren't greeted by the owners maybe now the place is on the market they don't bother with their guests anymore? we had no correspondence regarding the procedure when you arrive, I had to e-mail them to confirm my booking.
The breakfast was ok plenty of it, the shower was wonderful, the hospitality tray was replenished daily and the place was close to local attractions and ideal for sight seeing. I think looking at other reviews that room 8 obviously lets this place down maybe if it was advertised as a small room people would know what to expect.
I would recommend to others because of the setting but I wouldn't stay again

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moowards
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Location - great; accomodation - lovely; service - outstanding. Everything yu could need, including comfortable beds; history; service with a smile; good food; no faults found! Thank you to Graham, Caroline and Emma for making our stay so good.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Just spent 3 nights at the Coughton Lodge and it was just lovely. I've no problem with the owners not being on site - they are there every morning and can easily be contacted if necessary at other times. The room was huge and at the back of the building so we were not bothered by any traffic noise. The bed was exceptionally comfortable and the room was very clean.
We had an evening meal at the Coughton Lodge on one of the nights and it was very good. We would have repeated the experience, but the chef had his night off on the Monday night so we were forced to go out and try the local pub.
All in all, we had a thoroughly enjoyable stay here and did a lot of exploring during the day - Shakespeare country and the Cotswolds.
The only downside I can think of is the timings for breakfast. On weekdays breakfast service finishes at 9am and at 9.30 at weekends. This is just a little early - when treating yourself to a bit of a break, a nice little lie-in in the morning is part of that treat. On a more positive side, the breakfast was very well cooked with lots of choice with the extra touch of freshly laundered linen tablecloths - very nice indeed.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple