“Full fresh breakfast in front of a real fire... Perfect!”

The Dog and Partridge
Ranked #15 of 40 Restaurants in Alcester
Reviewed 19 December 2017

Lovely, cosy & spotless.
My wife & I met up with some friends last Saturday morning & we popped in here to catch up. A lovely warm welcome from the staff. The real fire was going & it felt like being at home in a lovely cottage! The bar area was spotless. Not only did it look clean, it smelt clean & fresh. Unlike other places, there were no stale beer smells or sticky tables - just fresh, warm & welcoming.
We decided to have some breakfast & it was very very nice! My wife had the waffles & they looked lush! My "beefy" breakfast was cooked to order & I ate the lot! I was more than happy to stay there all day - but sadly we had things to do. A great find, & a lovely start to a Saturday. Thank you all. Simon & Wendy.

2  Thank simon794

Reviewed 13 September 2017

What a fantastic pub! With such an unassuming exterior, my expectations were somewhat limited, but all that fell away when i walked in. The bar is a clean, well set out room that manages to be modern and traditional - not always an easy balance to get right. I was welcomed as soon as I walked in and immediately felt at home. I enjoyed the beer (Mad Goose IPA) and found a nice corner outside where alongside the 'garden' (a paved yard with some really well made upcycled-pallet furniture) there is a sort of sheltered snug which I imagine could have an amazing atmosphere on a warm evening. I was there fairly early and enjoyed the peace and quiet as I read a book and waited for a friend to turn up.

As with most places, environmental concern does not seem particularly prominent, apart from the upcycled furniture I have already mentioned. This is really good stuff, imaginatively put together and worth taking a look at if you like making things with wood. Since I am into eco-consciousness in a fairly big way, I am always keen to see more about that: energy-saving features, is the food locally-sourced and organic?

One of the beers - Doom Bar - is made by Sharp's Brewery in Cornwall. On their website they mention 'enviornmental practices' without being very clear what they are. In fact i read some time ago that they have worked hard to reduce the consumption of water in their brewing process, which can be very high. This is the kind of thing i would like to see a bit more about.

But all told this was a great find. I will certainly return to Alcester in future and when I do I'll be making a beeline for the D & P.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Visited here Saturday 2 September 2017. We had two full English breakfasts at £5.95 each which included a large pot of tea for two with cups and saucers, sugar lumps, proper!. It was superb. Couldn't fault it. Nice barmaid who was very helpful. We will definitely eat here again next time we have a day out in this area. Beautiful old building this pub is. Overall Alcester is a lovely town.

2  Thank Seafarer1966
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

We are regular breakfasters here and it is always excellent food and friendly efficient service. My husband usually has the beefy breakfast and I have either the American with pancakes, scrambled egg, bacon and maple syrup or the Veggie breakfast.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Just had a fantastic breakfast here, cooked to perfection very quick service, great pub, friendly staff with a very friendly welcome and atmosphere, highly recommended after my visit well done team D&P.