“Wonderfull”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

erik v
“Wonderfull”
Reviewed 20 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

We had a great time in this house. The house itselve was lovely and clean. It was a very pleacefull envoirement. The host was very kind en helpfull. We will centainly comedy again.

21 Aug 2017
Thank-you Erik and Vanessa for your positive feedback. It was a pleasure to welcome you and your children. I enjoyed our conversations and because of my Dutch connections, it was especially interesting to learn more about your country. I would be delighted to welcome you back, if you choose Northern Ireland for another holiday. Best wishes and take care. Sarah
Mrshappy2
Belfast, United Kingdom
“HOILDAY NIGHTMARE”
Reviewed 11 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

This unique farmhouse is situated up a long lane which is shared by other property owners.Sarah the host met us on arrival and made us feel very welcome. She supply us with a few items such as milk/cheese and some very tasty bread.There are amazing views at front of the farmhouse however the back of the property overlooks the working farm.The house is old with creaky floorboards on the stairs and upper landing.There are old lamps vases and ornaments on display which are lovely if you don't have children running around. The upstairs bathroom has a old fashion lock and key. My threee year daughter locked herself in the bathroom took the key out, then started screaming when she could'nt get out. It took us an hour to talk her through how to get out.My oldest daughter found the mattress extremely hard on one of the single beds, she eventally shared the double bed with her brother.There was a hairbrush,fake tanning lotion,etc left behind by a previous guest in one of the bedside tables.Finally my wife accidental shattered the fireproof glass on the oven door when she was closing it, so we ended up eating our sunday dinner at the very popular Anglers Rest. On the positive side we did fall in love with the beach at Benone and enjoyed spending time at Benone Complex.

18 Aug 2017
This was a two night booking during the July premium season when 5 nights was the minimum stay. It was agreed to oblige the guests' special circumstances. Shortly after their departure, a 5 star review was given entitled "Lovely place to stay" but withdrawn and replaced by this review above. The reason was that I made a modest claim on their security deposit as a contribution towards the cost of the "accidentally shattered oven door". The claim in no way covered the actual cost or the compensation I had to give subsequent guests for the lack of a useable oven whilst waiting for the replacement glass. I was then given an account of the guests' personal difficulties which I was not aware of during the time of their stay and was indeed unrelated to the damage. As a sympathetic gesture, I halved the damage claim. However this was immediately refused and the original claim, although disputed, was then accepted. At the same time the positive review of the house was downgraded from 5 star to 2 stars and given the title "Holiday Nightmare". Clearly this was a form of revenge for being asked to make a contribution towards the damage, and intended to harm a new business. So-called 'accidental' damage of this kind does not mean that guests have no responsibility. I understood the damage was not deliberate or malicious but nevertheless it was substantial and costly. In addition, the cause not a faulty hinge or door as the guest had originally described.This was professionally verified.
As for the other issues, there is a normal lock and key on the bathroom door. It is not old fashioned. It is regrettable that the three year old child locked herself inside, but in reality this could have happened in any house and is not a reason to castigate the owner. All mattresses in the house are new. Some people prefer a soft mattress and others prefer a firm mattress. It's impossible in this context to cater for everyone's special needs. A firm mattress is generally held by health professionals to be better for the back. If this was a major issue, guests could have clarified with me in advance of their booking and I certainly would have supplied this information.
Reid111
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lovely tranquil setting”
Reviewed 1 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

Sarah is so very welcoming and helpful, the farmhouse is well appointed and has been freshly decorated to a high standard. It's more like a home from home than a soulless rental accommodation. There are plenty of tourist attractions within a short drive but if you prefer to relax at the farm its very cosy and has all the amenities you could need.
We are a family of 4 and had plenty of space and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend to others.

Your age range 35-49
3 Aug 2017
Hi Julie,
Thank-you so much for your lovely feedback. I'm delighted that everyone enjoyed their stay. I enjoyed meeting you all. It was a pleasure to welcome you as my guests and I sincerely hope you will be back to enjoy more of the beautiful scenic countryside and coast that is on our doorstep. Take care and best wishes. Sarah
CedricEtM...
Geneva, Switzerland
“Perfect quiet and cozy place”
Reviewed 29 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

Benone Farmhouse is a lovely place to spend time for holidays. Just great for a family, quiet and cozy. It is also well located for visiting the northern coast from Derry to Ballycastle and for hiking around. Our host was very very nice with us and did everything to make our stay the easiest. We spent wonderful time in Northern.

30 Jul 2017
Hi Cedric and Marie, it was lovely to have you and to welcome you and your children to the farmhouse. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and your holiday in Northern Ireland. You are always welcome if you decide to return. Take care and best wishes. Sarah
dwindrush
County Londonderry, United Kingdom
“Beautiful restored farmhouse in a great location”
Reviewed 23 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

We rented this property for friends who had not been to the area before and we wanted to ensure that they fully enjoyed their stay which I'm very pleased to say they certainly did. The house was immaculate and the attention to period detail in the interior was beautiful. They couldn't believe how much there was to see and do in the immediate area and yet they were also very content to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the house and gardens. Sarah, the owner, ensured that every detail had been covered and she proved an excellent host.

Your age range 50-64
23 Jul 2017
Thank-you Brian for this very positive feedback. It was a pleasure to meet you and to host your friends. They were perfect guests in how they took care of the house and showed their appreciation of the setting. I'm delighted that they enjoyed their stay and had some pleasant memories to take home. I'd be happy to welcome them back, if they consider N.Ireland for future holidays. Best wishes, Sarah
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing