“Crusoes is a new family favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Crusoes Coffeeshop

Crusoes Coffeeshop
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Poratewart
“Crusoes is a new family favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I recently went to crusoes with my family for a quick bite to eat in castle rock. I was more than impressed with the food available, all of the highest quality. The kids loved the food too! A young bearded man who worked there was so friendly with the kids and my wife and I. I appreciate restaurants and cafes in the food industry that still provide a friendly and professional service as I myself have worked in the industry for a long time and appreciate it is difficult for staff to be so friendly and committed! Crusoes is 100% the place to go in castlerock. I'm craving one of their yummy salads and traybakes right about now....

United Kingdom
“"We've stopped serving food"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Arrived here to meet up with my wife and a friend.I was quite peckish and looking forward to a sandwich or a salad.Due to the fact that there was a fair taking place in the village I was delayed by traffic and lack of parking spaces near the cafe.When I finally arrived my wife and our friend were just finishing their food.I quickly went to the counter to order only to be told they stopped serving food at 3.15pm.I was quite frankly amazed! It was June and there appeared to be a lot of visitors from overseas in the village naturally enough.The attitude of the young female at the 6counter , I have to add was less than friendly or apologetic.

Once again, another example of the hospitality industry in Northern Ireland struggling to wake up to the fact that they need to up their game ,given the rapid change the tourism sector has gone through.

I will add one positive.My wife and her friend confirmed that their food was very good.Unfortunately I cannot concur with this as I was refused food!

Beware if you are tempted to visit this place.No food after 3pm! You will have to do what I had to do ....... go to a cafe where they will serve you!

8 Thank Brian C
“Great Coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

It's quite hard to find a coffee in Ireland that's not super strong and bitter and the size of a soup bowl - this was the best coffee yet. Food excellent also.

1 Thank Mark J
Coleraine, United Kingdom
“Customer service non existent”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We used to love this place but the last 2 times we have went the service has been extremely slow. The last time we were here we received our meal (the filled croissants were dry and overdone) but no coffee or drinks. We waited 10 mins for our drinks which still did not come. When we asked for our drinks at the counter the barista was extremely rude and made no apology saying 'I'm working as fast as I can you'll get your coffee when you get it' with a very bad attitude. Our coffees took a further 10 minutes to come by which time our lunches were long eaten. We never received any apology for the poor service. We will never be back.

6 Thank Lejd0105
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“nice enough place but painfully slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Went in for lunch with wifey. Ordered salad for me and sandwich for her plus hot drinks. Took some 20 minutes to arrive plus I had to clear our table. Everything OK apart from that. A bit disappointed as first experience of second rate service since we have been in northern Ireland and it was just a wee little town and cafe as well!

5 Thank buskerboy