“Thought it would of been better!”
Review of Cromore Halt Inn

Cromore Halt Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Portstewart
ireland
“Thought it would of been better!”
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

Had heard the food was good here so thought id give it a go! Lamb was advertised as coming with butternut squash purée, onions and mushrooms but came plain 3or4 small pieces of dry lamb on a plate, I never said as I thought maybe the other stuff was on its way! Kids meals were equally as poor and the McAtamneys roast tasteless! Worst I've eaten in the area and I eat out at least every week! Staff however were very pleasant!

• Stayed May 2013
mark l, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We value feedback from all our customers. We are sorry to hear that you had a disappointing meal experience with us.
At Cromore we pride ourselves on our high standards and we are sorry that on this occasion they were not achieved.
Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that this will not discourage you from returning to us in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My husband and I decided to go up to Portstewart at the last minute for a full weekend. We were staying with friends on the Saturday night so needed a stop over for the Friday. The Cromore Halt had a great price of £79 for the night including breakfast so I booked it. We travelled from Belfast so didn't arrive at the Halt until nearly 8pm. Check in was really quick and uncomplicated. We literally dumped our bags into the room as we were starving! It was basic but very comfortable and had everything we needed for a one night stay. We didn't expect much from the hotel restaurant but my had we underestimated it! The restaurant was full which is always a good sign. We both ordered the chicken supreme which came with lentils in spicy jus and chorizo. The chicken was so moist and succulent! Honestly, really delicious! We had a choice of side which came with the chicken so I went for salad and my husband ordered the chilli chips. Plenty of food which tasted great and a the very affordable price of about £9 each. A petrol station is literally a stone's throw away from the Cromore Halt so we purchased a few bottles of wine and made our way to the room for the night. Breakfast was served from 8am through to 10am. There was a small selection of cereals, fruit etc but we both ordered the cooked breakfast for a treat. It was delicious and not greasy at all with bacon, sausage, potato and soda bread with choice of egg (poached, scrambled or fried). We checked out at 11am and went on to meet friends. The staff were all so welcoming and friendly at the Cromore Halt even though we only stayed for the one night. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again for a short stay. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which doesn't look out onto the petrol station side of the hotel to get a better...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I have stayed here 3 or 4 times now and i cant fault it, except the restaurant is always packed and you need to book a table in advance.

The food is excellent, i eat here every time I am up- i had a meal on saturday night and service was excellent. Girlfriend commented on how much she enjoyed her dessert.

Hotel is clean, good wifi everywhere in the hotel, allowed me to do a few hours work on saturday while watching the rugby, the staff are friendly and happy to help you out.

Room Tip: Book a table in the restaurant when booking your room as it is very popular
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
mark l, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this review, 1 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review.
We value feedback from all our customers.
We are delighted to hear that you and your girlfriend had an enjoyable experience at the Cromore Halt. We look forward to welcoming you both back again in the near future.
Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are staying here for a night with our baby daughter who is 5 months old and the staff have bent over backwards to help us and the rooms are spacious and clean.
We have just had a meal in it and this was the first time for our daughter to be in a high chair and they have two different types which was really good for our daughter Sofia as one of them is better for smaller babies. The staff are very helpful and make sure that everything is to your satisfaction.
We will stay here again sometime in the future God Willing. It is also right on the race track for the North West 200. They are having a big tv to show the race day live in the comfort of the restaurant!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
mark l, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a very kind review.
We value feedback from all our customers.
I am delighted that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us.
I will pass on your kind comments to all our staff.
We look forward to welcoming you all back to Cromore in the near future.
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Just under 30 of us needed a venue for a conference, and I am absolutely delighted we chose the Cromore Halt Inn. From first contact right through to paying the final bill we could not have wanted for better. Maureen in reservations was our point of contact and she made the booking process very easy. Having that number for lunch, with all their different dietry needs, posed absolutely no problem. On the day everything which had been requested turned into reality. The food which we had pre-ordered was served up to us in the restaurant by smiling and courteous staff. The delegates commented how tasty the food was and indeed the manner in which it was served. The room we used was extremely comfortable and ideal for power poit and DVD presentationd. I can not fault this venue. Well done to all involved, you made out visit a pleasure.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
mark l, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. It was our pleasure to have your party with us at the Cromore on Saturday. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable conference and I will pass on your kind comments to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you all back to the Cromore in the near future.
Glenarm, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This is a lovely hotel with really friendly staff and they're so helpful.
The room was lovely, clean and spacious. It seemed to be in the middle of a old to modern transformation..not complaining, it provided the modern requirements although the furniture seemed oldish..still not complaining.
We stayed for one night to get a break away from home at 79pounds for the night, maybe a bit expensive really. =(
We were able to check in then go to Portrush for the afternoon, we then came back for dinner in the bistro, the food was lovely, sauces etc were maybe a bit too fancy with the chicken goujons but still nice. I requested tobacco onions but ended up with battered onion rings but i didnt mind because they were beautiful, the batter was so light and they were just lovely!!
Desserts were beautiful, sundaes were possibly a bit heavy but the pavlova was lovely and covered in strawberrys + strawberry sauce. Although the girl that cleared our table from dinner said she would come back and take our sweet order, but she forgot.
Breakfast in the morning was served in the restaurant, there was only 5 or 6 tables of people but they seemed quite pressured, unorganised and rushed. The restaurant can hold a lot more aswell. We ordered our breakfast which was only boiled and scrambled eggs but 3 other tables who came down after us got their full frys first. hence the unorganised. we got our toast as soon as we ordered our breakfast but by the time we got the eggs it had been cold for quite a while. breakfast is over really early to ie 10am and check out is early too 11am. its probably more of a place for morning people but none the less i would still recommend it and will probably stay there again =]

Room Tip: The hotel is on the main race course of NW200 and therefore its quite a main road, for light sleeper...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
mark l, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I value feedback from all our customers. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Cromore. We pride ourselves on our high standards of food and service. I am sorry to hear that you had a disappointing breakfast service and I would like to assure you that this will not happen again. I am glad to hear that you are happy to return to the Cromore and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My wife and I stayed two nights at Cromore Halt Inn for the second time in less than a year and enjoyed it very much. As usual the room was large, comfortable, clean and quiet. The breakfasts are fantastic and the staff are great and very helpful. We shall be back again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
mark l, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review.
We are delighted that you enjoy staying with us an keep returning to the Cromore.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portstewart
The Anchorage Inn
#1 of 3 in Bushmills
Adelphi Portrush
Adelphi Portrush
#1 of 8 in Portrush

Been to Cromore Halt Inn? Share your experiences!