“Best Vacation and Walking Tour Ever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Water's Edge Portstewart- including Walking Tours NI

Water's Edge Portstewart- including Walking Tours NI
More attraction details
Owner description: We organise self-guided walking holidays on the Causeway Coastal Way and in other ares of Northern Ireland. We offer single centre holidays with transfers to starts of walks and pick up and return to base at the end. B&B accommodation is provided in Water's Edge ,our Northern Ireland Tourist Board approved house, which is situated on The Causeway Coastal Path with direct sea views from all en suite bedrooms and guest sitting room.
Barrie, Canada
“Best Vacation and Walking Tour Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

Hosts Ann and Ernie at Water's Edge B&B were simply the best! The food, accomodation's and hospitality were second to none. (View from Bedroom and Sitting Room of the Ocean unbelievable.) By the end of our visit we felt like family and loved every minute there. The Northern Ireland coast walking tour was awesome. We recommend this B&B to anyone wanting to get to know Ireland better and to enjoy it's beauty, history and people. We'd definately return to Ann and Ernie's to explore N.Ireland some more.
Ron and Ray Barrie Ontario Canada

Visited May 2012

Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very comfortable stay and helpful hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

Excellent B&B and great travel advice.
Had a very nice and comfortable stay in a beautiful room with great view of the coast outside at the Water's Edge.
High standard on both room and bathroom. Breakfast was excellent and the hosts were very eager to help and assist, both regarding comfort, excursions and advice during our stay.
We also received good help with planning our travels within Northern Ireland and booking other places.
I will gladly recommend Water's Edge to any one going to Portstewart or the nearby coastal areas, and Walking Tours NI to anyone considering traveling throughout Northern Ireland.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Bjorn L
The Hague, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great stay and walking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

The walking tours and the Water's Edge B&B in Portstewart, Northern Ireland are excellent. I stayed in a very comfortable and clean room with a fantastice view of the sea. Staying at the B&B is almost like visiting friends as hosts and owners Ernie and Anne are so very hospitable.

During our stay me an my friend did 3 days of walking along the Coastal Route with Ernie dropping us off and picking us up each day. Their service is truly excellent.

Recommended!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank dhaskiya
Watford, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“HAD AN AMAZING TIME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I had an amazing time in Northern Ireland and I'm glad that I found on the internet this particular holiday. Ernie and Ann were brilliant hosts and couldn't do enough for me. My room was extremely large, clean, with it's own en suite facilities. It had a TV and DVD player and I was allowed to choose from a large selection of DVD's to watch in the evening. I loved waking up in the morning to the views of the Atlantic ocean, which was about 20 yards away. Their breakfasts were large and hearty and I was asked what I liked and disliked food wise.

I had 3 whole days (4 nights) in Northern Ireland. I wanted to walk the Antrim coast plus a bit of sight-seeing. For the walking part, the drop offs and pick ups went like clockwork.
I'd thoroughly recommend Giants Causeway and crossing the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge.

I would recommend taking 3 days to do the walk due to varying types of terrain and a good pair of walking boots plus Ordance Survey's activity map titled Causeway coast.. The views along the Antrim coastline were breathtaking.
On my last day of walking because some parts of the walk were closed due to landslips, on the drive back Ernie and Ann went out of their way to show me Portbraddan harbour(Irelands smallest church located there) and Dunseverick castle, which I'd missed.

The day I decided not to walk but go travelling by train, Ernie even went out of his way to give me a lift to Portrush station.

Next time I go to Northern Ireland, Rathlin Island is a must and I have in mind to walk around the Castlerock area. I wouldn't hesitate to stay with Ernie and Ann again. Thank you for a wonderful time.

Even on the last day Ernie and Ann kindly gave me a lift back to Coleraine station

Peter

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Peter Y
Caledon, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One of the best hiking vacations ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

We stayed with Walking Tours N.I. in May 2011 and had one of the best vacations we have ever had.
The accommodation was first class, food was great, and Ernie and Ann could not have been more hospitable.
Nothing was too much trouble and although we planned our own itinerary, they had a lot of local knowledge which added to the pleasurable experience.
It was so good we are going again this May with a group of 8!

Visited May 2011