“Good times!”

and 1 more site!
The Anchorage Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Portstewart
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on Saturday night 12/10/13. From check in to check out our time there was amazing! Staff very helpful and pleasnt! We took advantage of the bar, bistro and the on-site club! Everything all under one roof! Rooms were very clean and well presented, food very good and club lots of fun! No issues at all really except there's no on site parking! Bit of a camel trek to park a few streets away! Well done to the staff, we will defiantly be back again!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I had previously been a customer in the bar/lounge areas of these premises but had never stayed and I suppose it wouldn't have been on my list if I had been in the area. However after a recent stay I would have no hesitation in returning.

The welcome was warm and friendly. Access to my accommodation was up some stairs and along a couple of winding corridors, which may not suit the elderly or infirm, but my room was spotlessly clean with adequate supplies of all hotel room requirements. A large flat-screen telly was also part of the furniture. Although close to the seafront the view from the room is somewhat restricted because of the specific location of the hotel. I was at the rear of the hotel so no night-time noise was audible.

Breakfast was as good as I've had in any hotel and was served by genuinely friendly staff.

The only downside I found would have been the attitude of some of the bar staff. I ordered a pint of guinness which was quite poor - (I later found out that the guinness service man had just arrived on the premises) - but when I stated it was poor the barman emptied it out and promptly charged me for a bottle of beer I ordered instead!!

This, however, would not put me off staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alasdair50
Reviewed 26 September 2013

On my first visit I was a little apprehensive from looking at the outside of the building. For the price I expected the rooms to be maybe a little worn, and the company a little young. I could not have been more wrong. The rooms were beautiful. Also very clean. The bar was warm and friendly with a good mix of age groups. We ate in the bar one night and the restaurant another. Both were excellent and good value. The decor in the restaurant was beautiful and interesting. I would highly recommend this complex. It is handy walking distance from anything in Portstewart but you may find you don't bother to leave the premises.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the building can be noisy as they overlook a taxi rank.
1  Thank JillWallace
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here on a Friday night in September. The room was small, with a double and single bed in the room, but it was extreamly clean and the under floor heating made the room quite warm. We faced the road and initally were concered about traffic noise but we didn't hear any cars, this could have been due to the night club. This did keep us awake. We had dinner downstairs in the bar rather than the restaurant and the food was delicious. The breakfast in the morning was cooked to order and was just as good as dinner. A great spot if you're out for a night clubbing.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Extremely friendly welcome at reception, lovely clean room with comfortable beds. Free and fast wifi. Perhaps could have better towels, they were a bit small and thin and let down the lovely bathroom. Food and drink in bar is super, breakfast served in the restaurant/night club is very good and the chap serving breakfast was top notch, very friendly indeed. Best thing of all though was that they have a lower room rate for single occupancy - thank you for that consideration for the single traveller. Much better value than the Premier Inn in Coleraine which was my other option to stay at. Will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on second floor at the back, much quieter and you get a sea view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SolanaMike
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Portstewart is one of the nicest places I have visited. Friendly people, good service and easy going. The anchorage Inn was one of the places we went to, and the location was scouted for a later trip.
A short travel to great locations like The Giants Causeway, Bushmills and Coleraine. It is not complicated to travel by taxi, train or bus in this area. All of these forms for travel are relatively cheap. We used taxi a lot, got a good deal by selecting the same driver every time.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Myself and my wife stayed here on a Friday night in September. The room was clean and the under floor heating made the room pleasantly warm.
There is a night club in the hotel and this will keep you a awake, unless like us you have consumed a considerable amount of alcohol.
We ate in the restaurant and the food was both reasonably priced and delicious (I would recommend the mussels)
We then went for a few drinks in various pubs in Portstewart before returning to the hotel bar, we found the staff in all the places we visited to be friendly and the atmosphere friendly and busy.
The breakfast in the morning was cooked to order and was very good,
We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Check if night club is on during your visit.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portstewart
Cromore Halt Inn
#1 of 8 in Portrush
Bayview Hotel
Bayview Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portballintrae

Been to The Anchorage Inn? Share your experiences!