“Brilliant”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Portstewart
Armagh, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed stay here. Staff very genuine and couldnt do enough for us. Would definately revisit and highly recommend. Busy bar and great food. Weather cold and snowy lovely to come into blazing fire and towels from bar staff to dry off.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Shankbridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Was bought this as a xmas present and this place is excellent. The staff are really friendly and the room was very clean with small added touches like dressing gowns slippers etc and as for the bed it was so comfy. Breakfast was really nice with good choices, free wifi in the hotel bar and restaurant areas I never heard any noise but I just wnt straight to sleep in the big comfy bed I would recommend this hotel and will go back again soon.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I had the pleasure in staying in the Anchorage Inn for 2 nights.. 18th and 19th October 2014. I found the room clean, comfortable and it had everything at hand ie hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities etc all the features of a top hotel. Staff were friendly and efficient, food both at dinner and breakfast was delicious. The entertainment was great and a nice mix of age groups in the Bar. All in all it was a great stay and I would have no hesitation in recommending the Anchorage Inn to anyone... Keep up the great work .. you are doing well. Will definitely be heading back there.... Susie :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on Saturday night 12/10/13. From check in to check out our time there was amazing! Staff very helpful and pleasnt! We took advantage of the bar, bistro and the on-site club! Everything all under one roof! Rooms were very clean and well presented, food very good and club lots of fun! No issues at all really except there's no on site parking! Bit of a camel trek to park a few streets away! Well done to the staff, we will defiantly be back again!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I had previously been a customer in the bar/lounge areas of these premises but had never stayed and I suppose it wouldn't have been on my list if I had been in the area. However after a recent stay I would have no hesitation in returning.

The welcome was warm and friendly. Access to my accommodation was up some stairs and along a couple of winding corridors, which may not suit the elderly or infirm, but my room was spotlessly clean with adequate supplies of all hotel room requirements. A large flat-screen telly was also part of the furniture. Although close to the seafront the view from the room is somewhat restricted because of the specific location of the hotel. I was at the rear of the hotel so no night-time noise was audible.

Breakfast was as good as I've had in any hotel and was served by genuinely friendly staff.

The only downside I found would have been the attitude of some of the bar staff. I ordered a pint of guinness which was quite poor - (I later found out that the guinness service man had just arrived on the premises) - but when I stated it was poor the barman emptied it out and promptly charged me for a bottle of beer I ordered instead!!

This, however, would not put me off staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alasdair50
Ballynahinch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

On my first visit I was a little apprehensive from looking at the outside of the building. For the price I expected the rooms to be maybe a little worn, and the company a little young. I could not have been more wrong. The rooms were beautiful. Also very clean. The bar was warm and friendly with a good mix of age groups. We ate in the bar one night and the restaurant another. Both were excellent and good value. The decor in the restaurant was beautiful and interesting. I would highly recommend this complex. It is handy walking distance from anything in Portstewart but you may find you don't bother to leave the premises.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the building can be noisy as they overlook a taxi rank.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JillWallace
Dundalk, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here on a Friday night in September. The room was small, with a double and single bed in the room, but it was extreamly clean and the under floor heating made the room quite warm. We faced the road and initally were concered about traffic noise but we didn't hear any cars, this could have been due to the night club. This did keep us awake. We had dinner downstairs in the bar rather than the restaurant and the food was delicious. The breakfast in the morning was cooked to order and was just as good as dinner. A great spot if you're out for a night clubbing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portstewart
Cromore Halt Inn
#4 of 8 in Portrush
Bayview Hotel
Bayview Hotel
#1 of 1 in Portballintrae

Been to The Anchorage Inn? Share your experiences!