We were travelling with our two young adult daughers and were looking for a place with some fun and atmosphere at the end of long days of hiking and outdoors. The Anchorage fit the bill for us. The location is perfect in that it is located at the end of the very busy shore road that runs through Portstewart so everything is easily walkable but you aren't right in the mix of the main tourist strip. As with everywhere we went in NI, the staff were excellent. The rooms are a nice size and clean. No elevator so be prepared to hump your suitcases up two sets of stairs.
The pub is great. It seems to be the local for many of the residents so if you're grabbing a pint in the afternoon you'll not feel like you're sitting in a tourist pub. Food was very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Guest Inn boasts 20 cosmopolitan style en suite bedrooms, all of which are finished to the highest standards. The multi Award winning Anchor Bar was established in 1898 and has won many accolades in recent years including Best Visitor/Tourism Pub and Northern Irelands Pub Food of the year 2014. Residents have complimentary access to all areas of our entertainment during their stay with us... The perfect way to use up that extra energy before bedtime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Anchorage Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage Hotel Portstewart
- Anchorage Hotel Portstewart
- The Anchorage Inn Portstewart, Northern Ireland