“Food poisoning! ”

Ranked #44 of 74 Restaurants in Warminster
Price range: US$0 - US$98
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Food poisoning! ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We ate at the restaurant last Saturday and my boyfriend started feeling ill in the night then vomited all of the next day. We did report it to the restaurant manager to told us it couldn't have their restaurant and that was that! Very disappointed with the meal and the customer service! Will not go back!

“Lovely food but over priced!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We visited here for a friends work leaving party. We had afternoon tea which was delicious and the staff were friendly.

There was lots of cake and puddings, some yummy sandwiches and nice tea. The setting is also gorgeous.

However, we felt that £20 for one person was a little pricey. Would return, but it would have to be a special occasion.

Visited August 2014
Tokyo, Japan
“Lovely restaurant with great food in a lovely setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Though I had to choose one below, so I chose dinner, I had the opportunity to eat several meals at all times of day and night in this restaurant when I visited in May 2014 as part of a large wedding party. Every time I arrived, the staff greeted me in a friendly manner and usually allowed me to choose my own seat. Outside the window, the flowers were blooming, the birds, singing, and sometimes you could catch sight of a wild deer that roamed close by. The attentiveness of the staff was perfect---not too pushy, and not overbearing at all.

The restaurant dealt very well with people in our group who required vegetarian and even gluten-free meals, and did their very best to accommodate them. The main menu has several excellent choices, and there is really something for everyone. Their buffet-style breakfasts were wonderful, especially as eggs and ham/bacon/sausages were cooked to order. We especially enjoyed their Homemade Bread and Dips, Nicoise Salad, Beer Battered Fish & Chips, and Smoked Salmon sandwich at lunch time, and reveled at dinner with delicious dishes such as Cucumber and Mint Soup, Spring Lamb, and 24-hour cooked Neck of Pork (my personal favorite!), followed by scrumptious desserts like Apple Tarte Tatin with Clotted Cream, and Poached Pear William. Everything we had was excellently prepared, beautifully served, and---most important of all---extremely delicious.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area, even those not staying there. For visitors to nearby Stonehenge, it would be a great place for lunch or dinner.

• Visited May 2014
Bath, United Kingdom
“Lovely peaceful grounds with fantastic countryside views and delicious food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Visited on a Thursday lunchtime at 12.10. Greeted politely by staff and offered our own choice of outside seating. It was a beautiful sunny day. The birds were singing and the view was delightful. The staff were polite and attentiveness was just right, not too slow and not too rushed. My daughter ordered from the kids menu and had spaghetti bolognese. It was a very good sized portion and she said it tasted delicious. I had potted prawn and salmon pate with sour dough bread from the light bite menu. It was fresh, cool and delicious. My daughter finished with a very creamy, milky tasting vanilla ice cream which she polished off. Waitress carried out a check back at a suitable time and checked if there was anything else we needed. Very polite. Overall a wonderful relaxing lunch.

• Visited July 2014
Heytesbury UK
“Lovely environment, but nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a lovely country house hotel and although I have never stayed there (I live just down the road) I have used it for business people who are always impressed. However, the restaurant is disappointing. A friend and I gave it a try for dinner one Thursday evening in April and it was really nothing special for the price we paid. Excluding drinks, which can be expensive, we paid over £100 total for three courses each. The quality of the food was fairly good, but the restaurant was empty, I think one other table when we arrived a 19.30 and nobody else came in. We thought it would be busy because the car park was packed, but obviously not people who were eating - there is a spa and gym.The service was attentive and food arrived promptly - a benefit of an empty restaurant! Eating virtually on your own in a large restaurant gives the impression you made the wrong choice and other people know better and that's pretty much how I feel. Completely lacking in any atmosphere. I have eaten here before under different ownerships and it never quite lived up to its surroundings. It is now owned by Longleat, who aren't exactly known to be hoteliers or restaurateurs. The food was OK, but expensive, although the quiet of the restaurant added little to the eating experience.

• Visited April 2014