“Friendly, accommodating, an excellent place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Home Farm Boreham

Home Farm Boreham
Ranked #1 of 25 Warminster B&B and Inns
Basildon, United Kingdom
“Friendly, accommodating, an excellent place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We had a lovely weekend made even special by our stay at home farm, they could not have done more if they tried, they put toys in the bath and bedroom for the kids, our eldest went up to see the cows It really is a home from home. The rooms are comfortable and the breakfast delicious I will defiantly be staying there again and would not hesitate in recommending it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We have stayed in accommodation local to Warminster before, amd fancied Home Farm because of the excellent Tripadvisor reviews and its pleasant rural location, but still fairly close to the town.

The room was spacious and very clean, and the en-suite very much up to standard.

I liked the breakfast room and the food was first class.

The hosts were most helpful without being intrusive, and made us most welcome.

We will most certainly be back

Room Tip: The downstairs room is the best.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RyedaleRambler
middlesbrough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I booked home Farm at the last minute as I was working locally. Although paying slightly more than I would normally do for a business trip it was worth it. The room was large and had a huge bed!

For anyone staying for a few days there is the advantage of a small kitchen area which in my opinion is ideal.

The shower and toilet room was superb and finished to a very high quality.

The owner was a very nice lady and very helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Redditch, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Wow. What can I say that hasn't already been said already?

New to B&B stays, I was BLOWN away by our wonderful stay at Home Farm. We arrived in the dark and were first unsure where to go or where to park but as soon as we knocked on the door, we were made to feel at home right away. Trish showed us up to our room (the Fox Room) which was beautifully decorated and very comfy. Trish had even remembered that my boyfriend had mentioned it was my birthday when we booked (several months in advance) and there was a birthday card and some chocolates waiting in the room! Such a special touch.

There was even tea and homemade cake waiting for us downstairs. Such a treat! We went to a nearby restaurant for dinner and came back to a wonderful cosy nights sleep. So peaceful and relaxing.

Breakfast was also incredible! Full English for Jim and a Sausage & Egg sandwich for me. With lots of nice chit chat with Trish.

Honestly, if you're looking for somewhere in the area to stay - this is where you want to go. I feel very spoilt! Thank you for all your hospitality, service and advice Trish!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HollyPx
Plymouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

We booked Home Farm to stay for two nights whilst visiting Longleat, and as per previous reviews we were not disappointed.

Upon arrival we were greeted by Trisha with tea and cake, what a pleasant surprise. Cake is always a winner with me at any time of the day!

The room (Fox) was perfect for the three of us, and Trisha had been thoughtful enough to put a cuddly toy and reading books out for our 7 year old girl.

Comfy beds, lovely clean room, fresh milk in the fridge, what more could you ask for. For me, the best part at night was the peace and tranquillity. Home farm is well away from any main roads, and they have wonderful modern double glazed sash windows keeping out any external noise, perfect nights sleep all round.

Our day out at Longleat was fabulous (only a 15 minute drive from Home Farm) but the icing on the cake was to find out that Warminster Carnival was taking place that night, and a great evening it was.

Breakfast was superb, what more can I say that hasn't already been said by others!

If we are in the area again, we won't hesitate to stay at Home Farm again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank dotra
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed at Home Farm for three nights on business, as I was booked on a four day training course at Crusader Business Park, a mere 2 miles away.
I hate staying away from home, so I was rather anxious when I arrived at Home Farm. On arrival, I was made to feel extremely welcome by Trisha. I was offered a delicious cup of tea with a slice of home made cake. I felt instantly at ease and after being shown to my beautiful room, I began to feel relaxed and calm. The view from my window was beautiful and the peace of the countryside was just what I needed after the traumas of training.
The extra touch of biscuits, tea and coffee making facilities (complete with a mini fridge which housed a jug of fresh milk) and little bottles of shampoo and shower gel, all added to the welcome. With fresh towels daily and a spotlessly clean room - who could ask for more! The information pack in the room was especially informative and I was able to find some lovely places to have my evening meal. I shared this with most of my fellow trainees.
The breakfast was delicious and the choice was superb. Trisha even accommodated a strange request, when a fellow trainee turned up for breakfast on two mornings, as he was booked in a budget hotel! As for the shower - it was wonderful - spotlessly clean and refreshing!
I am going to make sure I return with my family as this was certainly a home from home experience.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Davina T
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We had a large room off the downstairs dining room. King bed, large shower, even had a small kitchen area. Bright room with several windows, totally quiet. Great breakfast made to order, always felt welcome. Excellent location for exploring the area countryside. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ken344
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warminster
Bishopstrow House
#2 of 25 in Warminster
The Weymouth Arms
The Weymouth Arms
#4 of 25 in Warminster

Been to Home Farm Boreham? Share your experiences!