“Unpretentious proper old fashioned pub”
Review of The Cross Keys Inn

The Cross Keys Inn
Ranked #5 of 78 Restaurants in Warminster
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Cross Keys Corsley is now a community Free House in the lovely village of Corsley close to Longleat and Center Parcs. The Cross Keys Inn serves locally brewed real ales, an impressive selection of wines and offers tasty home made pub food. Please come and enjoy a drink in our totally refurbished bar and restaurant or pretty beer garden. In the winter there is a roaring log fire to warm yourself by. As a family friendly pub, children and wellies are welcome. Dogs are welcome in the bar and garden.
Reviewed 4 January 2014

After a day of having the car ripped to shreds by monkeys and sensibly deciding not to eat the junk they churn out at Longleat, my wife and I researched TripAdvisor and came up with this little gem... The Cross Keys Inn. The review promised many things and we went there filled full of hope. It's a traditional "country pub". Open fires, good brew on tap (we don't drink) &Kids were indeed made welcome as we were shown to a table. The meals we ordered were large and unpretentious in their offerings. My children yummed up their offering, as indeed did my wife. She was served half a chicken that was cooked just right in her opinion, sadly the steak I had didn't achieve the same high standard as the rest of the meals. This I put down to bad luck; rather than negligence on behalf of the chef who want about his job in a timely and professorial manner. This did not detract from the fact that this is one of the best pub / restaurants that I have been in for a long while. So good is this place that it almost encourages me to revisit the awful Longleat, just so we can pop back in there again. One really nice touch was when I asked about the Skittle alley. I was told that it was closed, so sadly I left it at that, only to have the bar man come back to us later and said "I could see you and your children really wanted to play, so I've set it all up for you upstairs"..... 10 out of 10 for going the extra mile.
This is a local run concern, by a family who live in the village and to me; it typifies what a "Country pub" should be. I wholehearted recommend The Cross Key as even on its worst days it would knock spot off the Weatherspoons & Havesters of this World.

Go see for yourself, you'll not regret it..... we certainly didn't 10 out of 10 Cross Keys, we're looking forward to seeing you again.

1  Thank Wulfrune

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My wife and I, together with a very dear friend, went to this excellent inn for our traditional night out before Christmas to have a Christmas meal. This is the first time any of us have been there although we have lived in the area for many years. We have had many a Christmas meal in a variety of places but none of them were as good as this one and all home cooked food. The ladies started with mackerel pate, which they were in raptures over. I had the melon drizzled with port, very nice. We all had the traditional turkey meal with all the trimmings. What can I say but delightful, plenty of veg roast potatoes, yummy gravy and home made cranberry sauce. My wife and I had Christmas pudding and brandy sauce for desert and our friend had ice cream and mixed berry meringue. we were pleasantly full and resting finishing our wine when the proprietor bought up a mince pie each to complete what was the best Christmas meal in a pub/restaurant that any of us have had, and all for £17.95 each.
We will certainly be returning to this delightful old inn in the new year to sample the fare that is generally on offer.
The Sunday roast sounds as if it could be our first return visit. two courses for £7.95. If its anything like our meal last night it will be stunning. Looking forward to it already.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

After a bit of a search around warminster we finally found a friendly local pub with a really good value sunday lunch!

2  Thank lalaoxford227
Reviewed 1 November 2013

stopped here for two evening meals during our stay at the Longleat caravan club site. great choice of food with excellent service, The staff were welcoming and very accommodating - providing colouring for our lively children which kept them happy whilst waiting for food to be cooked. Food reasonably priced and of great quality.

As regulars to longleat we will be visiting again, it knocks spots off the food available in longleat park both in terms of value for money and quality. thank you!!!!!

1  Thank hitchinfamily2013
Reviewed 10 October 2013

While staying at the Caravan Club site at Longleat we stumbled across "The Cross Keys Inn" very easy to find almost directly opposite the junction to the road that goes to the caravan club site, we called at the inn for a pint a couple of times after very busy days walking and fishing this is such a beautiful area, the inn has a lovely garden, well looked after, very clean and friendly. We had an evening meal which was really nice the choice on the menu was varied and a good selection on the specials menu especially the sweets. The service was also excellent.