“Appearances can be deceiving”
Review of Masons Arms

Masons Arms
Ranked #17 of 81 Restaurants in Warminster
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Traditional English Pub serving Wines, Beers, Ciders and Spirits together with Classic Pub Food.
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I've popped into this a pub a couple of time to use their free WiFi and hadn't thought of eating here, until reading the great reviews on TripAdvisor and on their own website.
The pub doesn't look much from the outside (and the inside needs some TLC and polish) but the service is excellent and food is AMAZING!!
If you love steak, you'll love this place.

Helen F, Owner at Masons Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Oliver Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and for giving us a go based on reviews you have read. As per my response to the previous review there are some quite major and some minor changes to take place once planning has been agreed, the dust however I'd like to say is part of the oldy worldy feel, lol...... the staff including myself go round everything and clean daily, we have obviously missed a bit!

I am really pleased you enjoyed the food and the service was excellent and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Visited with my husband and my 1 year old. The place really doesn't look much but the food and service was fab! We had the Sunday Lunch and it was lovely. Came quickly and the staff were brilliant. I will revisit and I recommend.

Helen F, Owner at Masons Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for your great review, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your Sunday lunch. We are a typical old fashioned pub serving great food with a great service and the decor particularly the outside can be a bit daunting! Thankfully like so many others you did not let this put you off. The pub will be getting a refurb and the outside some much needed attention. We are in the stages of planning permission as it's a grade 2 listed building, so hopefully all will come good. Many thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Bishopstrow Hotel and Spa and wanted a rustic meal. I saw the reviews on trip advisor and thought we would have to try it out. Well what can I say! We visited on a Sunday night and were greeted very quickly and attentively. I had the 9oz fillet, my wife had the BBQ ribs and my son had chicken nuggets. The chicken nuggets were very tasty and the ribs were delicious and my steak well, it was perfect! It was the tastiest and best steak I have EVER had! The service was extremely good and I can't wait until my next visit! I would like to say Thank you to all the staff who were working on Sunday 19th of Jan for making my belated weekend trip for my wife's Xmas present perfect :)

Thank you for your recent review. It's always so good to hear that the experience you had was really good. I am very lucky to have such a great team of employees who work hard to strive for the same goals and levels of service that I do. I have passed on your comments to the chefs Shaun & Ricky and the waitress and barman Jade and Craig. The ribs are one of my favorites too, as well as the steak! Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Lovely meal. Pleasant staff. Good beer. We all had the rump steak 'n chips. A rare pleasure. Nice to be in a 'not plastic' pub for a change. Thank you.

Thank you for your recent review, I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall experience with us. Yes we are certainly not plastic, just good old fashioned local pub. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

We were in the area on a birthday break and were recommended by a local taxi driver who stated "the steaks were outstanding" all I can say is he lied. Outstanding nowhere near covers how good the steaks are. The service was outstanding the atmosphere great and the owner couldn't do enough to make us welcome. As we are bikers this is somewhat surprising but we were made so welcome that come the summer myself partner and several friends are riding down 142 miles just for a steak. The pub when you enter is very traditional and the decor is basic but don't let this put you off it is more than made up for in the food and welcome.
One final point is my partner said the ladies toilets were something very special and raised a smile.

On a personal note thank you for making us so welcome and you know we loved it because we came back the following night. Sorry its taken so long to get this review up.

Helen F, Owner at Masons Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Hi, thank you so much for this wonderful review, it's great to hear from you. I am really pleased you loved your time here and that we made you feel welcome. Fantastic news to see you will be coming back especially all that way and with some new friends for us to meet. It was an absolute pleasure serving and meeting you both.

I look forward to seeing you in the summer.

Many thanks