“Excellent food”

Price range: US$13 - US$33
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We went here following tripAdvisor reviews it lived up to one expectation and more. Very friendly hostess and. Excellent service. Wished we lived nearer as we would be regular visitors

cath1964, Owner at The Snooty Fox, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words about your visit to us , we appreciate that our customers take the time to write a review. Thank you , cath , dean and the snooty team.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I too am perplexed by the below but one review. My daughter did a lot of research to find a restaurant for my hen party that was close to longleat and the travel lodge where we stayed. This restaurant was all it was hyped up to be and more. The staff were more than attentive and looked after us all night giving us 100% value for money. There were 12 of us and we were all delighted with our mouth watering meals and of course the champagne which we drank in plenty. We stayed at the restaurant for the whole evening being relocated to our own seating area to play some dignified games. The decor was lovely and the whole feel of it was relaxed yet refined. I did not see one unhappy face the whole evening, the place was full to the brim. I would like to especially mention Cath my 'my oranges and lemons' partner, the owner, who looked after us well and truly throughout. You should be proud of the way you are running this establishment and we will most definately be recommending you in the future. Thank you for EVERYTHING you did for us and your help in making our stay in Wiltshire a memorable one. I will be bringing my husband to be here for certain.

1  Thank 144CherylB

Cheryl, thank you so much for your great review. Your hens were great fun and added to the experiences of other customers who have since made comments to us about the great atmosphere in here last saturday. All the best for your wedding. cath, dean and the snooty fox team

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Fantastic food, nice peaceful environment and the staff were very accommodating. Highly recommend to anyone in the area

2  Thank Peter C

Thank you so much for your lovely review, we appreciate that you took the time to give feedback that will help others decide where they can dine in the area. Thank you , cath, dean and the snooty fox team

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Firstly I'd like to address the review below as after reading it I became somewhat irritated. I also visited the restaurant that day and opted for the beef. The beef I had was delicious, as were the starters. Service was spot on, the staff couldn't have been more attentive which was particularly impressive considering how busy they were.

What I'm struggling to understand from the review below is:

"I was expecting pub/restaurant" - Would a simple look at the website not have clarified this?, as long as you're not Stevie Wonder it's pretty clear. Perhaps your lack of eyesight is impacting your tastebuds too?

And you talk about that fact that there is a large emphasis on dining like it's a bad thing. Forgive me if I'm missing something here. But didn't you book for Sunday lunch?. I'm under the impression that constitutes dining, so what's there to complain about?

Overall, I can't rate The Snooty highly enough. Considering how busy they were the food was served quickly, accompanied by delicious side dishes of vegetables cooked to perfection. The service from staff as I mentioned above was attentive, efficient and above all friendly. Nothing was too much trouble.

I'd not hesitate in recommending The Snooty Fox to others, but would say book in advance as they are often very busy, and rightly so!

1  Thank Oliver N
Reviewed 16 July 2014

First review I have ever left. Went for a family lunch, the prices are really inflated, the vegetarian option was more expensive than the meat option which made no sense at all. We opted for paninis and the brie and cranberry had a nasty tasting pesto all over it. The staff were not attentive at all and found it off putting that the staff were eating their lunch behind the bar! Raised my complaint and received a frosty response. The chips did not taste very nice at all. Basically quite inferior pub grub. Better places in the area!

5  Thank TripTop2014