Bishopstrow House
Travelodge Warminster(Warminster)(Great Value!)
US$59
Travelodge
Very Good 4/5
Premier Inn Frome Hotel(Frome)(Great Value!)
US$119
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Beckington(Beckington)(Great Value!)
US$64
Travelodge
Very Good 4/5
Premier Inn Trowbridge Hotel(Trowbridge)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$233
The Farmers Hotel(Warminster)
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmulberry restaurantoutdoor pooloval roomspa facilitiesrasul mud treatmentsteam roomroll top bathrelaxation roomafternoon teamonsoon showerdouble showerspa breakdeluxe roomtennis courtscountry house hotelsecret escapesthe main house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We spent a couple of very relaxing nights at the hotel in January and found everything first class. Our room, in the old stable annex was amazing being split over two floors and we had a really top class meal on the Saturday night. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We have only stayed in one room which was in the old stable block near the spa. I would definitely choose this room again!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Bishopstrow, General Manager at Bishopstrow House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review regarding your stay in January.

I am delighted to read that you had a fantastic stay with us, and I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back again this January !

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights last weekend. The hotel was pretty, the food was good, and our room was also very comfortable - we would have happily snuggled there all day! There were some lovely Elemis toiletries in the room. The staff were vey helpful too.

If you are coming to Wiltshire for a spa day then I probably wouldn't use the spa here, as the indoor pool is quite old fashioned. It also badly needs a good deep clean! There are some much better spas in the area that we chose to use instead.

Additionally, there are very few vegetarian options on the menu. The restaurant only offered a goats cheese risotto. I ended up ordering a side of chunky chips, and some broccoli with almonds in place of my main! The portions are very small, and I only had six chips in my side (I promise I'm not exaggerating - six, really), however, I suppose that this is often the case with these fashionable, and expensive dining places. We ordered the raspberry trio for dessert, and it came without the jelly, however, we didn't notice until the next evening in the restaurant when we were re-reading the menu! I definitely wouldn't want to return to the restaurant but that said, my boyfriend (a non-fussy, dedicated carnivore) thought the food to be amazing!

Overall, it was an amazing experience!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased to read that there were many positive aspects to your stay and that you had a very enjoyable weekend away.

Thank you for your constructive comments; we take all of these on board and use them to regularly review our operating standards.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed here as a family group of 13/14 over a 3 night stay. Our room was in the attic and was exceptionally disappointing for the exorbitant price being charged - it was small no hanging room, dark and minuscule bathroom.. We didn't like to make too much of a fuss as it was a gift for us to stay but we did mention quietly before- we were moved the next day to one of the rooms on the courtyard which was much more what to expect. A family room for one of our group only had a large bath which was completely impractical although the suite was very good. As with other guests dinner was a bit sporadic and service was really dependent on who you to with one waitress gleefully telling us she was pleased to get away from the dishes! Despite the organizer of the weekend preordering dinner the lamb was off ! So we had to have the beef which was so tough the majority of our party couldn't eat it. The wine is very expensive as no choice! Breakfast was good and staff very helpful. Inside pool good, The outside pool was lovely and there is lovely walking areas around and obviously ideal location for a trip to Longleat which we did do. The hotel needs to do a little bit better with dining and the smaller rooms to justify its high prices. Was also unable to book a Reiki treatment as practioner too busy now as she is in charge of the spa!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ccabc2016

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review.

I'm sorry to read that you were unhappy with the Classic Double Room that had been booked for you by the party organiser as it was explained at the time of booking that the Classic Rooms are our cosier double bedded rooms and a variety of room types were booked by the organiser to account for individual needs within the party. However, I am pleased that we were able to complimentary upgrade you for the Saturday night to a larger room.

Unfortunately, due to unforseen circumstances on the day we were unable to provide the lamb dish that had been pre-ordered but instead we compensated for this by replacing it with a more expensive beef dish at no extra cost. We understand that this may have been disappointing as it was not the lamb dish that was expected, but after being let down ourselves at such short notice it was unfortunately the best we could do to rectify the situation.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for providing such honest feedback, as it is only with our guests constructive comments that we can continue to improve our services and facilities on offer.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We had a gift for a boutique dinner, bed and breakfast that need using up and picked Bishopstrow as a part of the world we didn't know. Great location, nice pools and spa, good food. But oh! the kitsch, faux wallpaper, antiques, pictures, ugh! And an over-priced and poor choice bar. Dinner was lovely but an attic room, poorly lit and low ceilinged with the rain noise from the roof and gutters was not "luxury" accommodation no matter how comfortable the bed!
Then on checkout we almost paid twice for the dinner included in our voucher: wonder how many times that "error" has slipped through? Sorry Bishopstrow, we'll find somewhere else in Wiltshire next time!

Room Tip: Avoid the attic floor!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 6,026

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that there were many positives to your stay, but am disappointed to read that there were elements that you were not happy with.

We take all feedback seriously, and without this would be unable to improve our services and facilities so I thank you for providing us with your honest feedback.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary. The real luxury of the spa was being able to wander from the indoor pool to the outside pool.
The room was excellent as was the food. We stayed on the top floor and to earn 5* they need to sort plumbing of the showers which had low pressure and suffered hot/cold swings.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent feedback.

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful weekend away to celebrate your 10th wedding anniversary.

The team and I hope to welcome you back in the future, maybe even for our New Year's Eve party!