Bishopstrow House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Farmers Hotel(Warminster)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
The Captain Cook Hotel(St Peter Port)
  • Restaurant
The Woolpack Inn(Beckington)
  • Restaurant
The Polebarn(Trowbridge)
View Hotel
All reviewsmulberry restaurantoutdoor pooloval roomspa facilitiesrasul mud treatmentsteam roomroll top bathrelaxation roomafternoon teamonsoon showerdouble showerspa breakdeluxe roomtennis courtscountry house hotelsecret escapesthe main house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Had an overnight stay end of October to celebrate my husbands birthday. Nice hotel, friendly staff and enjoyed our evening meal which was included in the cost. The room was comfortable although overlooking the lawn and outdoor swimming pool also overlooked a wall which was a shame! Had a lovely stay although I would say slightly on the expensive side for what you actually get.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Bishopstrow, General Manager at Bishopstrow House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased to read that you had a very enjoyable stay with us, and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

First impressions of this hotel is good. We were booked into the Salisbury Room - a very nice sized bedroom with a large bathroom - his and hers.

The bed was the first disappointment. It was 2 single beds pushed together and both sloping towards the middle of the bed - very uncomfortable.

The showers - my partner was not strong enough to adjust the temperature of the shower or to shut it off. I struggled as well.

The lighting in the room is electronically controlled. The ceiling lights in the bedroom could not be switched off after a late night/early morning trip to the bathroom. The night manager tried in vain for about an hour to disconnect the (by now) very hot bulbs. This was around 02h30 in the morning. The only solution he could come up with in the end was to switch ALL power to the room off from the main hotel switchboard. Needless to say this was not ideal either.

Overall, we were very disappointed

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased that there were many positive aspects to your stay with us, and that overall you liked the newly refurbished Salisbury Room.

In reagrds to the light issue, I can only apologise for this and am happy to advise that we have since had an electrician out to fix the fault. Although our night porter was unable to fix the problem I am pleased to read that he tried his absolute hardest and I understand offered to move you to a different room had you so wished.

I do hope that we will welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have just returned from a week-end at Bishopstrow House which is in a lovely setting and the building and decor are impressive. The service from reception and in the restaurant and spa was excellent. My room was next to the spa reception and was very noisy on both nights with doors banging and people conversing and shouting along the corridor so had very little sleep. Also I thought the food in the restaurant was well presented but was a bit bland and there was very little choice for vegetarians. My review would probably be more favourable if I'd had more sleep!

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room upstairs in the main hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank s_w88_13

Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased to read that there were many positive aspects to your stay including the service, decor and the spa.

However, I am disappointed to read that you did not sleep well and can only apologise for this. I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with constructive feedback which we will take on board to help improve our services and facilities.

I hope we will welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We spent a couple of very relaxing nights at the hotel in January and found everything first class. Our room, in the old stable annex was amazing being split over two floors and we had a really top class meal on the Saturday night. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We have only stayed in one room which was in the old stable block near the spa. I would definitely choose this room again!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review regarding your stay in January.

I am delighted to read that you had a fantastic stay with us, and I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back again this January !

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights last weekend. The hotel was pretty, the food was good, and our room was also very comfortable - we would have happily snuggled there all day! There were some lovely Elemis toiletries in the room. The staff were vey helpful too.

If you are coming to Wiltshire for a spa day then I probably wouldn't use the spa here, as the indoor pool is quite old fashioned. It also badly needs a good deep clean! There are some much better spas in the area that we chose to use instead.

Additionally, there are very few vegetarian options on the menu. The restaurant only offered a goats cheese risotto. I ended up ordering a side of chunky chips, and some broccoli with almonds in place of my main! The portions are very small, and I only had six chips in my side (I promise I'm not exaggerating - six, really), however, I suppose that this is often the case with these fashionable, and expensive dining places. We ordered the raspberry trio for dessert, and it came without the jelly, however, we didn't notice until the next evening in the restaurant when we were re-reading the menu! I definitely wouldn't want to return to the restaurant but that said, my boyfriend (a non-fussy, dedicated carnivore) thought the food to be amazing!

Overall, it was an amazing experience!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased to read that there were many positive aspects to your stay and that you had a very enjoyable weekend away.

Thank you for your constructive comments; we take all of these on board and use them to regularly review our operating standards.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.