“2nd visit”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Warminster
London, United Kingdom
“2nd visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed a few years ago for a night and wanted to go back.- memories of a pre breakfast outdoor swim always stayed with me ! It is changed but first impression of a beautiful building still strikes you when you arrive. Pluses were the room was big, great bathroom with lovely bath - separate walk in shower - all working fine. A minus was room was very hot, but methinks that it is the wonderful weather of the moment so can't blame the hotel, but perhaps as it is also near the indoor pool there was kick back from that. There was a fan and we made sure curtains were drawn during the day when we weren't there. I guess if you want aircon you go to a new build hotel..... Smaller minus was the bed was a bit soft for my liking, but that's personal taste. The sunset through the window in the evening was stunning. Perfectly iced Champagne on arrival, dinner tasty - particularly salmon starter. Breakfast just the right portions, extra toast, coffee offered - all great service. A request for a later check-out - only an hour - was granted with a smile, and to be honest, it made all the difference and we departed unrushed. I think I'd like to sneak back in the winter and try the same room again !!

1 Thank Strick99
Jason T, General Manager at Bishopstrow House, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Bishopstrow Hotel and Spa.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us once again.

Thank you for your kind comments on our staff and your experience at the Hotel. I have passed this on to my management team to discuss with all the staff.

It is comments like yours that strive us to keep performing our best and providing the level of service we pride ourselves on.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back once again in the near future.

Jason Thorley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Dover, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I was looking for somewhere in the country to take my wife and wanted the Manor House look and feel with all that goes with it and I came across this hotel and spa. I am so glad I did, it was an amazing 2 day break in a wonderful setting. The hotel was the English manor house I wanted to stay in with the perfect building and a wonderful room. We stayed in room 1 with a lovely view of the fields. The room was very large and the bathroom was just as big with a lovely free standing bath and over head shower.There was one little tiny thing the mattress you kind of sunk into it so much it was eating us, very very thick and soft and my pillow could of done with changing as was a little hard and lumpy but we did not complain as this was the only minor detail to what was a wonderful stay. All the staff are great and will do anything for you at anytime, the food was wonderful we had two evening meals three course's first night the steak then the duck both were great and breakfast was good too. One thing there choice of beer was very poor, I'm not one for wine and they only had two beers to which where not to my taste. Other than that we would stay here again no problem.

Room Tip: Room 1 was large and on the corner of the building
2 Thank scott j
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Brilliant offer of DBB and spa treatment from Secret Escapes.
Lovely comfy quaint room at the top of the house but had problems with intermittent water pressure, still managed to get a hot shower morning and evening. The chef John did me an amazing meal following telling him all my serious food allergies. He also alerted the waiting staff to avoid a mistake. To me this shows true commitment to customer welfare, unlike some restaurants I have tried to eat at in London.
Nice indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools at the spa and had fun with the Rasul mud treatment in the steam room with rainfall showers. Don't know if it helped my skin but was a great laugh !
Short drive to see the lions at Longleat after breakfast which completed a short enjoyable break

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Hazel061
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on the Bishopstrow Hotel and Spa.

I am delighted that you were very well looked after during your stay with us. I have informed the Management team, who will pass on your appreciation to the relevant staff for me.

We are aware of the water pressure, due to the age of the building and the pipelines. I can assure you that we do have a plan in place to upgrade the system.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave us your positive feedback.

My team & I look forward to welcoming you in the future.

southampton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

A beautiful old house with large rooms and comfy beds bathroom was huge with a great big tub but shower was either boiling to dangerous point or cold! Shower knob was broken and plumbing sounds from other rooms were really loud, bulbs were not working in some lamps and window would nt stay open and as the weather was hot room was unbearable
No chance of a lay in as the laundry lorry came at 7.30 and made lots if noise ! And the food delivery was unloading before 8 on the other morning of our 2 night stay Food was good and spa was lovely with great staff but unable to get a coffee at 10pm or a cocktail that had any cream in as it seems kitchen was shut ?!!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank chloellie
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on the Bishopstrow Hotel and Spa.

Firstly thank you for the kind comments on food and the spa staff. I have passed these on to the relevant managers.

I am really sorry to read that your experience during your stay with us was not up to our usual high standards that we pride ourselves on.

We have since your departure investigated the areas you mention in your feedback and can assure you, that necessary actions have been taken.

Thank you for your constructive comments, which we have taken on board.

We do hope that your experience does not stop you from visiting us again.

My team & I look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed two nights at Bishopstrow House. The bellman/night manager who checked us in (Romel) was delightful. Our room was interesting, as we had to walk a way to get to it but it was very nice with a backyard like patio outside. They clearly have had water issues as the carpet was stained and the odors were a little disturbing as mold must have been present. No water pressure in bathroom. Walls paper thin and unfortunately our neighbors were up and loud until 2am. Lots of potential if they addressed these issues. Lovely country setting, felt like a storybook.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank AJR840
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Staying for one night on the way back from the West country, we needed a relaxing and restful place to stay, and Bishopstrow House provided the answer. Champagne and chocolate was ready for us in the room, when we arrived, and the room itself was large, comfortable and very good. The bathroom had two showers (his and hers) and a full size bath as well. Everything was clean and well maintained in the room, plus the bed was large and comfortable.

The 3-course dinner we had was very good, and even the cheap bottle of wine on the menu was pretty decent. There isn't a large selection to choose from, but everything was well prepared and tasted good. The cheese plate was too big, but I wasn't complaining. We also had breakfast, which was good with plenty of choice.

The spa in the hotel is very convenient. The inside pool, steam room, sauna, etc. were all good and helped us to relax, while we were fortunate to get a bit of sunshine and make use of the outside pool area. There was a large range of treatments on offer, and we did make use of a massage treatment, which was very nice.

Overall, Bishopstrow House provided us with an excellent stay and is ideal for those looking to relax and unwind.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bishopstrow, General Manager at Bishopstrow House, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Bishopstrow Hotel & Spa

I am delighted to read that Bishopstrow Hotel and Spa were able to deliver what you and your partner were looking for.

I am pleased that the staff and management exceeded all your expectations to give you a well deserved relaxing break.

Thank you for all of your kind comments which I have passed on to the team, we all look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Kind Regards

Rushden, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here on business earlier this year and found the hotel to be very pleasant.
The rooms were excellent as was the level of service, there were issues with mould in my bathroom however.

The food is overpriced and pretentious, I have had far better for less money.

Was it worth the cost of the stay?
Debatable, I certainly wouldn't bother again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ian G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in February.

Thank you for your kind comment on the service received during your stay, however, I am extremely disappointed to read about the issue with mould in the bathroom and I can assure you that this is certainly not the standards we work on.

I am sorry that the menu and the pricing did not suit your requirement.

I have passed on your comments to our Housekeeping Manager and I can assure you that corrective measures have been taken since February.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcoming you once again to the Bishopstrow Hotel and Spa.

Jason Thorley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warminster
Beechfield House
#2 of 7 in Bradford-on-Avon
Milford Hall Hotel
Milford Hall Hotel
#4 of 16 in Salisbury

Been to Bishopstrow House? Share your experiences!