All reviews mulberry restaurant oval room outdoor pool spa facilities rasul mud treatment steam room roll top bath afternoon tea double shower deluxe room spa break tennis courts country house hotel secret escapes the main house cream tea huge bathroom
Reviewed 2 May 2016

This is a great hotel and is set in a good location. Lovely swimming pool and spa. The hotel is perhaps a bit tired in places and needs a lick of paint here and there, but the food is excellent and the staff helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2016

We have been coming here for many years. We were fortunate to be upgraded to a lovely suite (the Shaftesbury) when we arrived on 25 April, but the other rooms are good too. The restaurant is impressive, and there is also a good bar/all day menu. It would have been nice to have a daily special on the evening menu, as it did not change during our stay. The pools (indoor and outdoor) are lovely, if a little too popular with leisure club members. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The hotel is used for conferences but generally they are not intrusive - though you can find that they are using one of the two sitting rooms. The location is beautiful and so is the old house.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

Our second stay at this hotel and we do have a 'soft spot' for it, and I am sure we will stay again. The staff are very friendly and professional. If I had to make any observations I would suggest that is some ways our room was a little 'tired' and there could have been greater attention to detail away from the public rooms i.e. there were weeds and wavering fences in our small private garden area. Also, the food, whilst tasty and overall enjoyable was, I feel, over priced. Nevertheless a very pleasant brief stay and I would recommend trying the hotel.

1  Thank footet
Reviewed 25 April 2016

My husband and I stayed here for a short break for 3 nights, and how very nice it was too.
The hotel is very clean and well presented, the staff are very polite and helpful, going out of their way to make everything ok.

The food is excellent, i had read reviews on here that people thought it was not good value for money regarding the portion size, i could not disagree more.
I would rather pay more for good quality food, if i wanted a mountain of food for £9.99 i would go to an all you can eat buffet.

Unfortunately we could not get booked in for any spa treatment's, but we did use the gym and pool.

Would recommend for a nice relaxing break for couples.

Reviewed 22 April 2016

Went to Bishopstrow for lunch which was very good but we had two disabled ladies, one in a wheelchair, who had to use the men's lavatory as there was no ladies lavatory downstairs. The other lady managed the stairs with difficulty. It is extraordinary, in this day and age, in an upmarket Hotel and Spa that proper facilities are not provided. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone with disability.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends