“Fantastic!”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I know most people have heard of Longleat and know what to expect, but my girlfriend and I had such an enjoyable day, I had to write a review.

We visited Longleat on Saturday 21st June (thanks to some spare Tesco clubcard points). Neither of us had been before and it was just something random that we both fancied - we were not disappointed!

There's so much to see and do. The safari was great with some really impressive animals (loved the white rhino!). The park wasn't too busy, so we could see most things at our own pace. The house and grounds are beautiful.

Highly recommended!

• Polish first
Hounslow, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Visited Longleat for my boyfriend's birthday, we don't have kids but we still enjoyed our day. Lots have reviews have said that more than one day is needed to cover it all, I felt that one day was sufficient (although we didn't do the house).

My advice would be to do the safari first (which opens at 10 not 9) but don't stop at the African Village, once you have completed the safari come back round and stop at the African village which is well worth the visit to walk with the lemurs and see the giraffes (although feeding isn't guaranteed as they weren't very hungry when we went!). We arrived at the safari first thing on a week day so we thought that it wouldn't bee too busy but after stopping at the African village we found the safari got very busy about mid way round so when there are cars backing up behind you, you do feel under pressure to move on quicker than you may have liked. I can imagine it gets very busy at the weekends.

The monkey section was very entertaining- definitely remove aerials from the car if you can- it's pot luck if your car is targeted as the one in front did get quite damaged but ours very minimally (lost the rear washer jet)- could be because the car had just been waxed and was a bit slippery so they monkeys weren't able to sit on it as easily...? But you can by pass this bit if you want or cut it shorter if you get half way round and your car is being attacked! The deer feeding was great too although by the time we got there it was very busy and we were queuing for quite a while. If you have small children I would definitely recommend doing the safari first thing so that you can get round quicker as there are no places to stop for the toilet. Also in the morning the animals are more active especially if its hot as by the afternoon they are sleeping so you don't get as good a view.

Outside of the safari there wasn't as much to do as I had expected but still it was very hot so there was enough- very interactive which is great (especially for the kids)- definitely do the lorikeet feeding and the cruise where you can feed the sea lions as they swim along the boat (sit near the front so you can buy the fish as they have a limited supply so you have to get in there quick!). Its also quite close together so you don't have to walk too far which is nice.

We didn't do the bird show (by this point it was very hot and we couldn't see a great deal of shade) and for that reason we didn't attempt the maze either but this would add extra time to your day but if you did the safari quickly there would be enough time to do this.

There is a Costa in the main entrance and a large cafe area but many of the smaller burger stalls were closed (maybe as it was a week day?)- you could bring a picnic if you like, the food wasn't cheap but I wouldn't say it was unaffordable.

A great tip I read on here was that Stonehenge is near by (about 30mins away), if you are coming from London direction they it's on your way so if you haven't been I would recommend checking it out and it is open later than the safari park (until 8 i think). Website says to book in advance which we did but to be honest I would have thought you could chance it and turn up especially if it was outside of peak times and try to get a ticket on the door.

I think tesco are doing a voucher promotion at the moment which stupidly I didn't use but it would give you money of tickets for Longleat.

Definitely enjoyed our day and would recommend to families and couples.

Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Left unsure”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

First our tour was only of the House!
Our visit to Longleat was part of a tour and we didn't go into the safari we just visited the house.
I found the old part of the house to be interesting and the tour guide was very helpful but when we were going through the private residence i felt we were intruding and therefore i did not feel relax or enjoy the tour. His decorative flare on the house left me simply wondering 'Why?', but i respect each to his own and it is his house, but in MY opinion it seemed to show no respect to the house or its history.
If i went back i wouldn't visit the house again, the overall experience was not worth the money.

Visited April 2014
manchester
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“I waited 10 years and wasnt dissapointed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have quite literally been waiting for 10 years to visit Longleat and the safari and it was everything i hoped it would be. I was absolutely blown away by the Tiger and Wolf enclosures ive never seen these magnificent beats that close before, only Lions which was a superb site. The enclosures were extremely big and spacious and for the first time i really felt that the animals had enough room to move around and have as good a life as they would in the wild, the keepers are present but not intrusive and it seems like the perfect environment. The African village is worth a stop, dont skip it - lots of fun (and a good coffee) to be had. The giraffe enclosure is truly magnificent - it makes me think the one at Knowsley really is small fry in comparison. The off safari activities are also incredible with the Jungle walk through, the bat cave and the house itself being quite something. I love how y there is encouraged interaction as well as knowledgeable people quite enthusiastic to give you information and help. My two year old really enjoyed holding a snake with her dad. 10 out of 10, this attraction is well built, exciting, clean and a wonderful day out - dont wait 10 years like i did!

Waterford, Ireland
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“What a day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The family wondered could we make a full day from the visit, could we heck. Loads to do after the magical drive through the safari itself. From 200 year old oak trees to a pet cemetery the house and grounds are magic besides the safari, well worth the money.