“Good but not the best”

Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Warminster
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We visited with our 11 year old daughter as her holiday treat. I was under the impression that Longleat was the best in the country when it came to Safari Parks but we've been to better - West Midlands and Knowsley in particular. The Safari part was very good as expected and the house was beautiful. However the Adventure Park was disappointing. It was a hot day and the penguins in particular looked decidedly cheesed off as a continuous line of people walked through their enclosure. Some of the concession stands were closed resulting in large queues at the others. My daughter enjoyed her day but my Husband and I wouldn't rush back.

3  Thank H0rseymum
Write a ReviewReviews (6,835)
All reviews
in 236 reviews
"santa train"
in 122 reviews

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Longleat is a brilliant day out for all ages. Staff all very helpful. Think it is a little expensive though at £31.50 per person to get in. Buy your ticket on line a lot cheaper.

3  Thank Fiona H
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Ive got to say this was the best day me and my family have had we loved the whole day I would recommend doing the monkeys and the deers on the driving part really funny very well organised we would go back ever thought we travel 135 miles then and back

1  Thank Danny B
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We took our very excited 2 year old to Longleat as she loves animals and is also CRAZY about Postman Pat! Longleat itself was excellent and we had a great day with the animals, safari etc.

However the Postman Pat Village was very tired and needed updating. Many of the automated figures didn't work, which really upset my little girl. The little ride was out of order and a lot of buttons to press did nothing. The figures themselves have lost their colour in the sun so just look worn out! And Jess the Cat looked almost "evil" as his face is all wrong and battered by the weather!

The shop is small but has all Pat merchandise in there, which is very over priced (£10 for a small Jess/Pat toy).

We did see the Pat character which was great...he wasn't faded by the sun!

It just needs a big refurb! I've now read other reviews and see there is no point contacting Longleat as they won't compensate for only half the attraction working. Very disappointing as you'd expect better.

5  Thank MrsFab2009