“Epic”

47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Epic”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I've wanted to visit the safari park ever since I saw it on the TV show several years ago. And I wasn't disappointed as the whole place was truly fantastic; even Epic.
If you want to do and see everything then you need 2 days.
My only gripe was that we were locked on the lion reserve for 25 minutes to let the cars clear. But I'm not letting this lower my rating as it is interesting to just stare at lions (from inside a car!)

• Polish first
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great family day out”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Had a fabulous day out with the family at Longleat Safari park. There is so much to do we wished we had a two day ticket. Our visit was on a bank holiday weekend so the park was quite busy, the safari part took about 2 hours to get through, and because we left it until after lunch some of the big cats were sleeping so if you can do the safari early on in the day they would probably be more active. We had a couple of stops on the way to get up close to the giraffes at the watering hole and also fed the deer which came right up to the car and would eat from your hand if you were brave enough to let them. There is a quiz sheet which kept the children occupied during the waiting times looking for the clues. Highlight for the youngest member of our party (2 and a half) was the Postman Pat village I am sure he would have stayed there all day if we had let him! Also the jungle cruise and the penguin island is very good. We didn't get time to do the house and gardens or the maze so will have to make another visit very soon. An excellent day for all age groups.

Evesham, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“An excellent day out”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband and I visited Longleat on 24th August. We had visited a couple of years ago, too and couldn't wait to return. We purchased the all inclusive tickets online, giving us a 15% discount off the price and unlimited access through the Safari, House and other attractions - re-visiting each as often as you wish during the day. The Safari is just fantastic, you can spend plenty of time looking at the magnificent animals, getting really close to many of them. I especially like Longleat because all of the animals have plenty of space and look relaxed and well cared for - not something I'm able to say about many such places we've visited in the past and always find upsetting to see as a real animal lover. There are many interactive areas around the Safari, which seem to be well done and well managed. There are clearly fairly newly developed areas versus some more tired looking aspects of some of the 'enclosures', I think this can be overlooked though, given the many other positives of the Safari. We spoke to a lovely girl called Jo, in the Lemur section who was very informative and one of the most pleasant members of staff we came across on the day. After the Safari, we went and parked down by the lake and had a picnic before going around the house - definitely one of the most beautiful Stately homes we have visited. We were a bit disappointed by the Cellar cafe, where we stopped off for a cup of tea after the house. The signage for the pricing and products wasn't very clear (we didn't see any) and only saw a coffee and hot water machine which was self serve before paying. It was only when we had sat down, we noticed other customers had pots of tea. We were drinking the most likely more expensive Tea Pigs tea from takeaway cups, although it was lovely tea, we were never made aware of any other option. We had some millionaires shortbread, which was lovely. Sadly, the staff that we came across were not overly welcoming or cheerful on this area. A complete contrast all round to the experience on the Cafe we had stopped at at the very start of the day by the giraffes - a much better set up we felt. We really enjoyed the penguins, the sting ray pool, where we were again met with a very pleasant and informative guy, we think was called Andy. Sadly we didn't go on the boat ride down half mile lake this time as the queue was massive, though from previous experience, we can advise you to go and see the sea lions, hippo's and fabulous gorilla. Overall we adore this place. My husband and I are in our 30's and there's more than enough to do. We think they have the balance right to attract both families and couples - whilst we appreciate they have to develop the Park and move with the times, it would be a tragedy to see it become sort kind of theme park. Can't wait to return.

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome place to visit”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

This place has to be one if the best place in the uk to see animals up and close.

The Longleat house and the safari are top. Totally worth the price to have a lion and tiger up close (you have to lucky though).

The wolves and few lions very altering when we visited. There are two lion enclosures, so you are likely to some of them awake.

London
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Very interesting place. If you look on its map, half of the territory is safari ride, and half - zoo and old house/custle. Safari is great, you ride on your own car (or you can take their bus, as far as I know) through different areas, where animals walk. Monkeys were great fun, jumping on people's (and ours) cars and running on top. (I've seen one monkey doing poo on somebody's roof - that was not too much fun though). Downside of all safari - there were quite a few cars and we were driving very slowly - all cars smelled burnt in a wile, and my car was too hot after. The rest of the territory is great as well - lots to see and to do, the idea of getting close to animals (pinguins, parrots, giraffes, etc) is perfect, we enjoyed it so much! Our kid was trully excited, and we spent such a great day too! I must say, when you buy tickets (we were 2 adults, 1 kid and 2 seniors) - it seems quite expensive, but after the entire day there I must say - it is well worth every penny spent, and we are definitely going to come there again and again, and now looking forward to Christmas lights there.
From my perspective, one of the best days out in the UK, left alone London.

1 Thank Vesta5