“Book on line to save 15%”
Review of Longleat

Longleat
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Warminster
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 30 August 2014

What a fantastic day out Longleat is whether you go as a couple or as a family.

I thought for what was there, the price seemed about right, but can understand that as a large family it may get expensive. I managed to get the tickets for about £27 each when booking on line.

Unlike other placed, you can see where the ticket money is spent as there is a lot of up-keep of the park and also the animal, so didn't begrudge paying it.

My only grumble for the whole day was that I anticipated that as I had already purchased my tickets on line, that there would be a fast track lane, but instead had to wait an hour in the que whilst other people were paying by card etc to spend 30 seconds being handed out tickets.

The drive through enclosures were brilliant fun and I really appreciated the audio guide that came with the tickets.

The house was in amazing condition and I was very pleased that the staff knew a lot about the history of the family and it wasn't like they were just there to keep an eye on the place.

The parrot show was very funny and interactive and also very informative.

If you are around Warminster, I would definitely recommend this as a day out for anyone.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,725)

Reviewed 30 August 2014

We were staying in Burnham on Sea, it is just over an hour on A roads for us to get too, We got there for about 1030am - We arrived in the Safari Park entrance, it was crazy, cars all over the place took ages to get to the toll. Once we got to the toll to hand the tickets we had already purchased using Tesco points, we also had a £15 off from Nectar to put against the price of another ticket but the miserable old woman behind the booth said "do you have your nectar card"? No we didnt bring it with us, well you will have to pay full price then. Ok well is there nothing that can be done? No! she replied, its Nectars terms and conditions. ok fine whatever I thought, I will just pay the £22 for a child to get in! (rip off)....I am sure she could have let us in with that voucher, the name was on the voucher code and the nectar card number on it too but noooo she wouldnt help just was arkward. But I cant argue about "terms and conditions"....

We parked up and had a look about, before we went on the Safari drive, we also needed a toilet, small toilets in every location, dirty and no toilet paper and this was just the morning.

We went around the Safari, it was pretty busy, didnt think much of it, just like being in a traffic jam. After what seemed forever driving around the safari at 1mph we went to look about, the kids had a play in the playground which looked great, my little girl enjoyed the Postman Pat Village but they should really keep on top of maintaining it, its in definate need of a good sprice up!

They seem to like putting a gift shop on every corner too!

We wanted to feed the Giraffes...but they wanted £2 a child! Sorry but if you are paying so much to get in the place that should be included, they had lots of little extra bits where you had to pay to get in the cages with birds etc, its really not on when you are paying that much for a ticket.

We didnt really see much more of Longleat, a few animals but we couldnt be bothered in the end, it was so busy and I was so annoyed from the rude woman at the booth I found it hard to enjoy myself.

Personally id not go again, I prefer Chester Zoo its full of friendly staff and you get to see the animals close up and the staff at Chester Zoo are friendly

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Seemed very expensive - do book in advance to save. However, a full days entertainment maybe even two. do NOT miss boat ride. Long queue but only for 15 mins. Saw gorillas and best of all fed sea lions. Entertainment laid on for the queue in the form of stilt walkers and also pigs enclosure nearby. Safari experience FABULOUS. Kids loved it. Took a couple of hours to do the safari but it was the highlight. Of course the children loved the monkeys - our car survived - but be warned the monkeys surf on your car,roof. The lions were exciting but the wolves were sleeping! Postman Pat made my 3 year olds day but the village needs a little TLC. Food ok. Costa outlet dirty, busy , floor dirty seats unclean. Toilets smelly. However nothing matters more than my kids being able to hold a snake! Staff amazing and informative. Do visit - positives outweigh negatives! All in all good value not,to be missed!

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Brilliant Safari park and attraction but if you venture here in the holidays I would recommend taking your own food. We tried all the possible venues for food and they all had at least a 50min wait. When we did manage to get something that was completely overpriced we had to clear our own table and wipe it. There wasn't enough staff to cover the demand of a very busy Saturday in the summer hols. They should have been better prepared in my opinion. Another let down was that there was a sign stating that the Safari drive through was closed until 12pm but when a member of staff was questioned this wasn't the case - they had put the sign out to reduce the queue. Other than those 2 moans it is a lovely park with wonderful animals. Did we enjoy it as a family overall? - yes. Would we go back? - prob not.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We had a really good day at along least with our 9 month old baby. The entrance would have been a little pricey were it not for Tesco vouchers - it cost £8 each in vouchers rather than the standard £32 entry fee each. There were plenty of things for children to interact with through the day. The bird of prey show was excellent, and the tour around Longleat house was very interesting. The highlight of the day though would have to be feeding deer in the safari park, out of our hands!

All in all a good day out, but with a family it would have been very expensive had it not been for the vouchers we had!