Open today: 10:00 - 19:00
Review Highlights
Great day out

Had a great day out at Longleat yesterday. Started with a safari then went on to the other... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Sue A
Camberley, United Kingdom
Lantern show

After a tour round the safari park and Longleat House, splendid in it's Christmas decor the... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Lyn S
via mobile

7,505 results
All reviews safari park sea lions boat trip monkey enclosure big cats day ticket train ride vip tour african village parrot show postman pat village singing christmas tree windscreen wipers tesco vouchers gorilla island santa train other attractions
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went to Longleat yesterday with my husband. We have been to Longleat several times before but not to Festival of Light.
We arrived around 10.30 and we round the safari, most of the animals were out. Enjoyed feeding the deer, they are great with their heads right in the car. Most of the animals were out with the cheetahs walking along side the car. Went on the boat etc.
The evening was great, the flight before Christmas show with the owls flying, the enchanted Christmas tree. The lanterns were amazing.
Even though this is considered a quiet day there were still lots of people and lots of buggys, but no real queues for anything. Thank you Longleat for a lovely day.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Longleat is one of my favourite places but I’ve never gotten around to actually visiting whilst the festival of light has been up. We arrived around 12. We had the Santa train booked for 1 which was so underwhelming and a total let down. We paid £15 per child and £5 per adult to get on the train which is usually free, around to an area which had a light dusting of snow. Walked into a barn, met Santa. My two children got handed a gift and we got back on a train. Worst Santa we’ve ever seen. I recommend skipping Santa here and booking else where. We then went on the safari which was great fun. The monkeys were the best bit, they are always so much fun to drive through. We then went back and enjoyed the park. There’s light shows on a giant Christmas tree in the square that is great fun for all ages. The tree has music and snow. Around five we went for dinner at the pizza restaurant which was good value for money and tasty pizza, we missed the queues of people entering longleat with late entrance tickets just coming for the festival of light. After dinner we roamed around the festival of light without any queues. Was truly magical. A day to remember for sure.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Excellent experience. Our grand children really loved it, we loved it and our daughter loved it. suitable for all the family. Lots to do in the fun park and the safari park. We are going back to see the festival of lights soon.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We visited for my son's 5th birthday 2nd dec, there was three adults and a 2 and half year old. I really dont know who enjoyed it the most. We arrived at 10 o'clock and went straight to the safari, which was beyond all I could of wished for, apart from Annie, she had the best idea and stayed in where it was warm, but all the other animals braved the weather and came to say hi..... just remember if you don't see an animal it's not the parks fault, as I heard some people moaning they didn't see all animals... if it was raining and cold would you go out???...
The food from on site was reasonable and real chips!!! None of this skinny fries... £6.50 Got you a nice burger and chip from the fast food hut (staff working around 4.30-5.30 were so lovely, kind, and smiley even with so many people wanting to be served, they are a credit to you).. after food we went round the rest of the park and then to the lanterns, no words can even describe the evening, I was so excited, Happy, wanted to cry with joy, and being with my children and close family just made it even more amazing.
And I would like to make sure if anyone reads this and you go in to the butterfly house, there was a man in there who was truly unbelievable, he probably has one of the hardest jobs trying to get the little flutterby's to come out and stay there, but he did good.... also to the girl who was trying to keep the toilet floor from being wet, and the man emptying the bins you all make everyone's visit amazing with the efforts you put in and the smiles you have on your faces, no matter how big or small you feel your part is in the company, you all have the most amazing jobs ever, and made my visit one I will remember for the rest of my life, Thank you. (I have far to many photos to post)

1  Thank bozwellcat
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was our first visit to the festival of lights and Santa train. Given how busy the park was we decided to miss the safari and do the other park attractions (meerkats, maze, house etc) which was nice as having been before they tend to be the parts you miss.

The main attraction for us was the festival of lights and the Santa train. The santa train was a bit disappointing, the train ride was fine and they made the area before you meet santa look really nice, but the experience wasn't very fulfilling for the kids, once you went it to see Santa it was all really quick, just asked the child's name and age and gave over a present, took at photo (which they then want £12 for) and off you go. No real conversation with the kids, didn't even ask them what they wanted for Christmas, it was very in and out compared to the ones we normally go to (save your money,go to a good garden centre).

The festival of lights however was amazing. I didn't really know what to expect so set no bar, but the while this was stunning especially the enchanted tree display. A little crowded in places but a real treat.

Wrap up warm, don't bother with santa, perhaps avoid the safari (do it another time) and have a great day out.

Date of experience: November 2018