“A disappointing visit to this Little Chef.”
Review of Little Chef

Little Chef
Ranked #58 of 73 Restaurants in Warminster
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Somerset, England
“A disappointing visit to this Little Chef.”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stopped at this Little Chef for our tea on the way home from The Isle of Wight. There were only a couple of customers in so we were quickly served our drinks and our order for food taken.
However when the food arrived my wife could not eat the scrambled egg was off white, it was cold and so dry she could not eat it. She said to the cook lad 'It should have warm milk on it as it seems to be a cereal not egg' He offered to do it again but she declined. The toast was also cold and only done on one side. I was lucky with mine which was adequate. I had the full breakfast.
The whole place looked like it could do with a makeover. Most of the chairs were ripped and looked rather ragged to say the least.
The waiter staff member wanted to charge me for my wife's meal but I refused. I will not be stopping there again. This is my first bad experience at a Little Chef and I hope it will be my last.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank John H

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“The Worst Service I have ever had - Avoid at all costs!”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I recently visited in need of a 'pit stop'.
I had no high expectations, just hoped for some pleasant food - it was bland but acceptable.
The service was DIABOLICAL! The waiters interpretation of clearing the plates was shoving it onto another table. The 3 staff just simply couldn't be bothered. All they seemed to do was do the bare minimum of taking drinks orders 10 minutes into arrival. Then slamming it in front of your face and not bother clearing it up afterwards. During our 'meal' if it even deserves to be called that, we watched a wise 6 people leave. This could've simply been avoided if it wasn't for the staff, their disgusting community centre furniture, pilled with 2 hour old meals, to be honest I am surprised mould wasn't growing on it. Not many people would ever plan to be at such a place but if you do read this your better off with a cheese sandwich from the petrol station, at least then you'd get served.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank gkshepherd
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A303 West Knoyle - must be due for closure, one of the worst ever experiences.”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

As anyone who reads any of my contributions will know, I always want to be fair and constructive.

Knowing I was appalled and disgusted I rang Little Chef today - it was that bad I wanted to offer feedback direct. The website said they'd get back to me in 5 days (for a service orientated company????) so this is a heads up for potential visitors.

Do not stop, keep driving.

The service is very poor - slow and we sat SURROUNDED by uncleared tables. For over 45 minutes.
Read that again - the staff didn't clear plates and bowls and spills in over 45 minutes. 8 tables 'loaded' by the time we left. It certainly wasn't busy when they started piling up.
Folks rolled in, were disinterestedly wafted to a table, they then sat, surveyed the carnage and left noting the debris and CBA attitudes of minimum wage staff (who simply Can't be Ar^^ed to clear and wipe).
6 'lots' of folks walked out. We saw it building up around us. One poor woman waited 20 mins for a milk shake.
I mentioned it (not clearing tables and losing customers) to the waiter bloke who had said earlier 'its butternut squash soup, whatever that is', well like he'd care to be losing customers in droves..... Peanuts equals monkeys.

At Little Chef it should be about eating or drinking hot, perhaps even tasty food generally, in a prompt fashion, somewhere convenient for the road. It isn't a meal destination is it? So why wasn't it tasty, prompt or organised. My main gripe is the staff - zero service standards, literally I have never seen worse, I would have sacked the 2 waiting staff and told the chef to keep her hat on and stop playing with her hair (no evidence in our food, but someone must have had some....).

Food was bland at best. Definitely overpriced and simply no flavour - seriously there has to be something worth staying for - apparently the tea was nice. £30 where the only good thing was the tea. NEVER again.

BUT beware - a serious safety hazard in ladies (which were dirty). Electric socket and rusted through electric heater directly below the hand drier. Water splatters....electricity. DON'T GO, SOMEONE WILL GET A NASTY SHOCK REAL SOON, hence why I rang Little Chef head Office today.

Oh and no atmosphere, loud music, drafty windows, cracked and crappy seats, felt like an old holiday camp canteen, should be closed. They should be ashamed.

• Visited February 2014
6 Thank HappyHayling
Chobham
“One to avoid!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Unfortunately this location has really declined in the last few months having been a regular stopping point on the university run with our daughter. The last experience was one that we don't intend to repeat by revisiting this location - a shame as other Little Chefs along this route are much better.
On arrival we were told that they were only accepting cash - no cards (other reviewers made the same point some months earlier so perhaps this is a regular problem now - first time for us though).
What they didn't mention was how long we would have to wait for the food - the order was taken 10 minutes after we arrived and the food arrived 30 minutes after that. I had ordered the Olympic breakfast (a favourite of mine!) and I was really disappointed. The bacon was almost raw and was sent back for more cooking - which they did. Was moderately unamused that, having sent back the whole plate of food, it was returned without the bacon with the comment that the bacon would be along in a few minutes. The fried bread was not brilliant - squashed flat and broken into three pieces. The four mushrooms were at least hot unlike the baked beans that were cold. Watching the delivery of food around the restaurant it looked as though there was only one chef so that meals were being prepared one at a time - not what you would expect at lunchtime - not enough chefs perhaps.
One final problem was that the gents was out of order.
Won't be returning to this site until it gets a facelift and improves its service.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank NDB2323
Blackpool
“Excellent service and brekkie.”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stopped here on the way back from Portsmouth to Bristol on Dec 3 rd.
We had 2 Olympic breakfasts and 2 Americanos just after midday.
We were told to take A seat where ever we liked as it was quiet.
The waitress came straight over to see if we wanted some drinks and we ordered our food at the same time.
The coffee was of great quality. The Olympic breakfasts also brilliant.
The only downside was the gents toilets, they were not dirty, just old dated and in need of refurb.

• Visited December 2013