“Neither great nor bad!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Dined at Hucks as a couple on our first night at Center Parcs and we both came away a little underwhelmed. Portion sizes were quite good but the food was just okay. Staff were polite and the tables were clean but felt a little more like a fast food restaurant than the prices would suggest.

Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

We went here on our first night at centre parcs longleat. Service was great, our waitress couldn't do enough for us and made a fuss of our 2 year old boy. Food however was average at best. I had the pork ribs, highly suspect that this is a microwave kitchen, everything we ordered was probably prepackaged. Quite expensive for what it was, but I can't say the food wasn't good because it was very tasty.

1  Thank VinnyChester
Reviewed 17 September 2013

WOW, Hucks!! Me and my boyfriend visited Longleat Center parcs last year (we were 18 and it was the most amazing weekend ever) and we had a meal here after watching the fireoworks on sunday! I love american food so I had very high expectations as I love TGI fridays.. this beat TGI's by FAR! I had a full rack of ribs, and they were the tastiest I have ever had!!! They were falling of the bone and delicious. Although they were pricey (£16 for full rack, chips and corn on the cob) they were amazing. We had onion rings and garlic bread as sides too. My boyfriend had a burger and he was well impressed. The service was great, the staff were so lovely and were checking everything was ok. After this full meal, it was the wrong decision to go swimming in the subtropical paradise haha, being stuffed and going round the rapids on our front was not a good mix. We have booked center parcs for December 6th, and as there are fireworks again, we will follow tradition and go to hucks after on the sunday!!! Loved it!!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Each time we've been to Centre Parcs we have always eaten here. Previously I've always thought the meals were perfectly fine. This time though the meal was amazing - a lot better than previous visits.

We were served quickly and the food was cooked properly and hot on arrival at the table. As usual when we are at Centre Parcs (we've learned) if you go to any restaurant at certain times (usually after the times the little children will have had their tea) you don't need to reserve a table.

My only 'complaint' (and it's not really a complaint) was that we ordered cocktails from the 'Jam-jar' menu and the picture suggested they would come in jam-jar's - which was novel and part of the reason we ordered those drinks but they were served in normal glasses. Like I said though it's not really a complaint - it's me being picky.

Will happily eat there on our next visit.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

It's been a family tradition to eat in Hucks on the first night of our stay at Center Parcs. It has a great American menu and serves generous portions. We had the surfboard platter to start which was fabulous - we all love the variety that comes with a platter option and this offered shrimp, chicken wings and nachos among other things. My burger was great and my son finally managed to eat the half chicken (he's tried the last three times we've visited and failed). My husband's ribs were on the cold side so had to be sent back. They were very apologetic and were quick to try to rectify the problem. Excellent service; good menu; great burgers.