Cafe Rouge - Center Parcs Longleat Forest
Ranked #24 of 81 Restaurants in Warminster
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Situated in the beautiful hilly landscape of Longleat Forest in the idyllic town of Warminster, Café Rouge at Center Parcs offers a wide variety of dishes. Whether it's breakfast, a quick snack or something more substantial, we have something for everyone. Please note that the restaurant is only open to guests of Center Parcs. If you are not a Parc guest, please note that the closest Cafe Rouge is Bath or Salisbury.
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We went yesterday as a family. Very disappointed with the quality of the food, time to get served, everything.

My children had the cheese pancakes and we asked for chips instead of salad. The plates came out with a tiny handful of chips and a cold pancake with the most revolting cheese I have ever tasted.

My husband's houmous baguette was distinctly lacking in houmous and my croque Madame tasted very bland.

My husband resorted to taking my two starving children to the shop for a sandwich (wish we'd done that in the first place) whilst I waited 15 mins for the bill, which was eventually placed in front of me without a word.

Over priced poor quality food. We certainly won't go back.

One thought....do Center Parcs management spot check their restaurants? They should.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

They were not busy when we went for Sunday lunch but it still seemed an effort for the staff. The menu seemed to be slightly different to what we are used to but they may have changed the menu generally. They managed to get the order for an omelette wrong but did put it right very quickly

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I turned up with my 4 year old and 20 month old on a Tuesday lunchtime after a morning's swimming (Daddy had to work that day so I was flying solo). We came on the early side (12.15) to avoid the rush and get back for baby's nap.

There were maybe 6 tables occupied and 3 waitresses I could see at the time.

My 4 year old wanted to sit where he could watch the fish but that table hadn't yet been cleared. I asked the waitress if we could sit there. "Well the table isn't clear, can you sit there?" (gesturing to a table without the view). "Well, I'd rather they sat where they're happiest and then they'll be entertained as I'm on my own".

So we sat at a dirty table, waiting for it to be cleared (any minute now...). Eventually I decided to clear it before I sat my youngest down, Put everything on a tray. Got my own highchair. Sticky! Asked a member of staff to clean it. Still sticky after she went, I got a wipe out before I put him in.

10 mins later. Still waiting for table to be cleared. Eventually, they come and clear it, but don't clean it. I get out another wipe and do it myself. We wait to be given a menu.

Fed up of waiting, I get up and go and get our menus from the woman at the counter. We continue to wait. My kids are getting bored. It is now 15 minutes and no service. A waitress goes to greet/sit a new family arriving, I go up and interrupt (to them) "Sorry but we've been waiting 15 minutes and my children are losing the will to live...and I'm not far behind them...(to her)...Can you please take our order now?"

She looks surprised that I'm upset at this, but comes to takes our order. We wait, and wait. She said the kids' meals would arrive before mine. I still end up breaking out the raisins to keep the 20m old from totally trashing the table out of sheer boredom.

Eventually the food arrives (theirs anyway). The chicken strips are charred and bullet-like so I chop off the few edible bits for little one to gnaw on and coat them in kethcup to make them more palatable. The elder boy's salmon looks cremated too, but as he doesn't complain I don't eithee. Finally, my moules arrive. Surprise! They too are overdone. I am too hungry and concerned about my tiring baby to bother sending anything back though - we chew our tough meals and at least enjoy the 'frites' (normally my 20m old doesn't like potatoes much but as the edible part of this meal, he did).

We wait another millennium for anyone to notice we have long finished our meal and the kids are getting bored again. Big one is wandering amongst the pathways round the fish. Little one is tipping what's left of the ketchup into his mouth from the little pots. Chicken is still uneaten though - as I point out to the waitress who eventually comes to clear our food. She squeezes a nugget and flinches.

We eventually get someone asking about our kids' desserts (honestly, if they hadn't been included, I would have left by now). We get the dessert and the kids woof it down in less than 3 minutes. I clean them both up, pack up our stuff, get all their hoodies and coats on, strap little one into his pushchair and put my rucksack on, and stay standing, waiting for SOMEONE to realise we want to leave.

I actually consider doing a runner for the first time in my life. That'll teach them. But I don't think I'd get far with all the paraphernalia and kids in tow. So we wait some more.

Eventually she comes over laden with stickers for the kids and the bill. (The one positive is they didn't charge us for the nasty chicken meal. It was still the best part of £30 though.)

You can give them all the stickers in the world love, but I'm still not leaving you a tip.

As I leave I check the time. 1.41. An hour an a half!!! I weep inwardly.

2  Thank Sapna P
Reviewed 16 May 2014

A quick lunch was needed and that's what we got. Nice food, well priced (The lunch menu was excellent).

Service was a bit hit and miss but overall not bad at all.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We ate here on a Wednesday night, it wasnt too busy and we were able to book a table on the day. The food was delicious and we had a bottle of house rose which was lovely too. The staff very friendly and helpful and not too intrusive on your meal like some places.