“Nice place but avoid the disgusting food”

Bush Farm Bison Centre
Ranked #8 of 18 things to do in Warminster
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We visited today using a livingsocial type voucher for our family of 4. The place was huge, great to explore, nice to see unusual animals- especially the bison which were incredible to see, a lovely place to walk about.

After our walk we decided to treat ourselves to some dinner and order the bison burgers, bison chilli and a "teacake".

When the food arrived the chilli was sitting on a bed of lukewarm overcooked rice which was swimming in liquid. We had to send it back to be reheated and even after this was done the rice was inedible so I left most of it. the most revolting meal I have ever eaten by far.

The burgers was quite tasty but not as warm as they should have been considering they had just been cooked.

The "teacake" was burned to the point that my three year old refused to eat it. I had also asked for no spread to be put on it and it was. Oh and it was a hot cross bun, not a teacake!

Such a disapointment after a nice day out- we won't be going back :(

2  Thank BristolClogs

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I took 4 children today on a groupon voucher. I have to say, after I purchased the groupon voucher I checked the Bison Farm out on Trip Advisor, and was worried after reading the reviews!! I nearly didn't go because I thought I really don't need to drive out there and experience what other people had! Anyway, we went with the plan of just leaving if we have similar experiences. It just goes to show that you must experience things for yourself before passing judgement. We had a really nice afternoon out. OK, maybe the regular fees are a little high for what it is, but it is worth going to. We were greeted by a nice man with a good sense of humour ;), he gladly took the groupon voucher, gave us a map and showed us where to walk. We did a lovely mile walk (just right for small children too) and saw baby donkey, donkeys, Bison, LAma type animals, Emu type bird, sat and swung on a large wooden swing and ate our bagels, took in the beuatiful counrty side views, carried on walking and saw more Bison (I counted 25 and baby Bison), explored the forests which had Foxgloves and other pretty flowers and plants, walked over a bridge with a pretty stream, saw some chickens, owls and arrived back at the base. We had a brief look tin the display room which was interesting but my kids wanted to go into the shop., We went into the shop and saw the man with a baby owl! Kids loved it and got to stroke the owl, we then had a play in the park (3 swings, tipee and nice clean place to sit on the grass and benches). That all took about 2 3/4 hours as we do go fairly quickly, not the sort of family to stop for too long, must have short attention span! Saw some campers who looked like they were having a good time too. So all in all, a lovely afternoon out for us all, would recommend for friends and maybe go back again with friends , great for families with small children and anyone else who doesn't want a big whole day out really. I do agree that £7.50 is too steep for an adult though, I expect more people would pay about £5 for an adult and £3.50 for children.

3  Thank ochoBath
Reviewed 22 May 2014

First off I'm not quite sure the woman who greeted us grasps the idea of groupon and how valuable it could be at marketing ones business! our family instantly felt unwelcomed and felt the woman had no time for us, she seemed stuck up and was quick to tell us how our groupon voucher was worth peanuts to her business.
I really would of liked to stay abit longer with a coffee and view the gift shop but I didn't feel welcome.
I would not recommend this to a friend purely on the unfriendly woman and atmosphere.
Maybe keep your " working farm" as that, if you can not warmly embrace customers!

5  Thank anna246marie
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I wasn't aware that 5 bison in a paddock constituted a "farm" (perhaps the rest had already been served up in the bison burgers).

At £23 admission for a family of 4, I think I'd have liked more bison. We did see a raccoon sleeping high up in a tree, and one very anxious-looking prairie dog guarding its hole.

The surrounding countryside has no shortage of pretty woodland in which to wander. For free. Save your £23 for a nice pub lunch.

3  Thank Hellshousewife
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Thought the bison would be a good thing to see with 2 6 year olds in tow. The Bison were nice albeit in fields at some distance - but that is to be expected. However the admission was £7.50 for adults and £4 for the kids - for what we got to see was about 2 times what it should be. The bison burgers were good but for a fiver you would expect a bit of garnish or a choice of topping but all you get is the burger and a napkin about 30 mins after ordering! Nice setting but no care has been taken over the look of the farm - the weird excerpts pinned to trees are mostly bizarre rather than literary gems - raccoons were absent so we're prairie dogs - but there were 2 bad tempered geese and a one eyed owl. It reminded me of the fairground in that Father Ted episode - you have to have a bit of humour to enjoy this place...

3  Thank OliverR956