“A gem for the English Breakfast aficionado”
Review of Hillside Cafe

Hillside Cafe
Ranked #31 of 84 Restaurants in Warminster
Reviewed 8 November 2017

I found this cafe on TripAdvisor, seeking a hearty breakfast after a very early start en route to the South West via the M1, M25 and M3. I was encouraged by the reviews to give it a try despite its superficial appearance of being the type of venue that might not welcome a lone female traveller. I am very glad that I did. The staff were friendly and welcoming and the breakfast options were flexible, allowing each person to order the breakfast of his or her choice. The food when it arrived was exceptionally well cooked and I enjoyed every mouthful as well as the good coffee that washed it down.

Date of visit: November 2017
Ian s, Owner at Hillside Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you very much, it was our pleasure. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Just a quick review of this little gem of a find on the A36 near Codford in Wiltshire. Stopped on my way to Salisbury on a Tuesday Morning for a bite to eat and I'm glad I did,had the big breakfast which was delicious. Not as big as some Big breakfasts I've had but certainly one of the tastiest.Nice and clean and good toilet facilities as well.Set in a beautiful scenic location to top it off,not many of these traditional road side Cafes left these days so I always try and stop in them and they are so much more rewarding than the standard chain restaurants and wretched Starbucks that are dominating the roadsides these days.If you pass this place please stop in and support them.

Date of visit: October 2017
Ian s, Owner at Hillside Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Many thanks for your review.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Great little cafe, serving tasty, filling breakfasts. I visit regularly on my way to Wiltshire from Devon and it gets better every time. Friendly staff, would recommend!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We decided to have a quick tea and coffee stop. The cafe was brilliant, clean with great selection of food and very cheap. The 3 ladies serving where not only very polite, friendly but the cafe was very clean with no smells. The serving where large, hot and very tasty. Free to use cash machine a bonus. Will be calling in again when that way

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 22 June 2017

well i had been to Heathrow airport early and only had time for a cup of coffee , on my way back to warminster along the M3 A303 I was in need of sustenance and as i turned on to the A36 where better than the Hillside cafe , All i wanted was a traditional full english and this is just what i got , just what was needed

Date of visit: June 2017