“We need more gems like this”
Review of Hillside Cafe

Hillside Cafe
Ranked #27 of 83 Restaurants in Warminster
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Where can you start with this absolute cracking classic cafe the menu is extensive the service is above that of a expensive hotel the staff are welcoming the food let me say if I could go here everyday I would I’m a 80s child a time when cafes like this were more numerous well I would pick great independent cafes like this everyday over soulless big chains looking forward to another full belly and excellent food soon

1  Thank jamie c
Ian s, Owner at Hillside Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

From myself and my staff we thank you for your feedback and are very glad you enjoyed your visit.
We do hope you will visit again.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I found this cafe on TripAdvisor, seeking a hearty breakfast after a very early start en route to the South West via the M1, M25 and M3. I was encouraged by the reviews to give it a try despite its superficial appearance of being the type of venue that might not welcome a lone female traveller. I am very glad that I did. The staff were friendly and welcoming and the breakfast options were flexible, allowing each person to order the breakfast of his or her choice. The food when it arrived was exceptionally well cooked and I enjoyed every mouthful as well as the good coffee that washed it down.

Ian s, Owner at Hillside Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you very much, it was our pleasure. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Just a quick review of this little gem of a find on the A36 near Codford in Wiltshire. Stopped on my way to Salisbury on a Tuesday Morning for a bite to eat and I'm glad I did,had the big breakfast which was delicious. Not as big as some Big breakfasts I've had but certainly one of the tastiest.Nice and clean and good toilet facilities as well.Set in a beautiful scenic location to top it off,not many of these traditional road side Cafes left these days so I always try and stop in them and they are so much more rewarding than the standard chain restaurants and wretched Starbucks that are dominating the roadsides these days.If you pass this place please stop in and support them.

Ian s, Owner at Hillside Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Many thanks for your review.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Great little cafe, serving tasty, filling breakfasts. I visit regularly on my way to Wiltshire from Devon and it gets better every time. Friendly staff, would recommend!

Reviewed 16 July 2017

We decided to have a quick tea and coffee stop. The cafe was brilliant, clean with great selection of food and very cheap. The 3 ladies serving where not only very polite, friendly but the cafe was very clean with no smells. The serving where large, hot and very tasty. Free to use cash machine a bonus. Will be calling in again when that way