“Routine Stop”
Review of Hillside Cafe

Hillside Cafe
Ranked #27 of 83 Restaurants in Warminster
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Whenever I'm travelling to the south west, it is now the established routine that I'll break the journey with stop at the Hillside Cafe for a meal. Today I had the shepherds Pie & veg and was very pleased with my choice. Always assured of very prompt service and a good inexpensive and appetising meal.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

What a gem, a proper café, like going back in time. A very extensive menu, everything from an assortment of breakfasts, snacks, roast dinners - you name it they have probably got it. They are happy to mix things up and all freshly cooked - nothing seems to be too much trouble. All in very clean surroundings and at very reasonable prices. Every time we travel that way we always stop, can't recommend it enough but, if you want posh nosh at inflated prices don't bother.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

This is what you call a real café...from breakfast through to lunch, or just a cup of coffee/tea and cake, this is a real find for someone on the move looking for a meal that does not cost the earth. Proper food cooked really well, what I call clean food. I am a vegetarian and they do a lovely "Vegetarian Grill" which really is good. Have not tried the roast (vegetables and potatoes please) but will be doing so when we are passing next. The service is excellent and what really impressed me was the fact that the "tip" jar collects the money for charity...what a breath of fresh air

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Where can you start with this absolute cracking classic cafe the menu is extensive the service is above that of a expensive hotel the staff are welcoming the food let me say if I could go here everyday I would I’m a 80s child a time when cafes like this were more numerous well I would pick great independent cafes like this everyday over soulless big chains looking forward to another full belly and excellent food soon

1  Thank jamie c
Ian s, Owner at Hillside Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

From myself and my staff we thank you for your feedback and are very glad you enjoyed your visit.
We do hope you will visit again.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I found this cafe on TripAdvisor, seeking a hearty breakfast after a very early start en route to the South West via the M1, M25 and M3. I was encouraged by the reviews to give it a try despite its superficial appearance of being the type of venue that might not welcome a lone female traveller. I am very glad that I did. The staff were friendly and welcoming and the breakfast options were flexible, allowing each person to order the breakfast of his or her choice. The food when it arrived was exceptionally well cooked and I enjoyed every mouthful as well as the good coffee that washed it down.

Ian s, Owner at Hillside Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you very much, it was our pleasure. Hope to see you again.