“Another fantastic weekend break for the family”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warminster
Center Parcs Longleat Forest
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Another fantastic weekend break for the family”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Having visited Centerparcs at Longleat Forest again and returning since 1999 we have had a wonderful weekend with our family of six. This gives us all a chance to ride around on bikes safely and get exercise too.There is a feeling of escape from everyday noise and the villa is equipped well. Our grandson enjoys the various activites which we prebooked to times to suit us and our daughter and son-in-law enjoyed their relaxing spa experience. It is well worth booking a villa in a location to suit and we always book near the Plaza and car park. The land train is very useful as the site is quite hilly for those not so able. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast at the Grand Café and an evening meal at the Indian restaurant. We have now taken advantage of the come back offer and have booked for next year.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,240)
Crowthorne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Who says you can't get US service in the UK?
Center Parcs at Longleat have really upped their game. Everyone from the check in to the waiters and bar staff were on top form.
Every single one of them smiled and was couteous. We all know Center Parcs are expensive, but now they have the service to back it up.
Well done, we shall definitely return.

1 Thank GBBF
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My family had a wonderful time here.the staff were mostly really helpful,with the exception of one or two. Fun to get around on bikes,but abit hilly in places,tough when towing a trailer with two kids! Swimmingpool is great fun, good choice of restaurants. Supermarket had good selection and reasonable prices. The map of the place was not very helpful,and the signage useless,as it was our first time here,we were not familiar with it and got lost a few times. Overall it was a good break and we would all like to return.

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

Partially it was my fault, since I forgot to lock the glass doors of the living room, but during the day someone entered my room and stole 2 tablets and 1 iPad which belonged to myself and my kids. Very frustrated and would not come back due to feeling not safe there. Despite that the resort is beautiful and kids really enjoyed the pools.

1 Thank Breno G
linda_pike, Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Longleat Forest, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Hi there

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I was very pleased to note that your children enjoyed our beautiful surroundings, despite the concerns you have raised.

We take our duty of care to our guests very seriously, and are very mindful of the need for safety and security. We do ask however, that our guests employ the usual measures of security that they would at home as it is unfortunate that there are some elements of society who do not behave as we would like.

Whilst I was genuinely sorry to hear that you felt unsafe I do hope that you will consider a return visit, to enable us to restore your faith in Center Parcs.

Kind regards

Linda Pike
Guest Services Executive
Newton Abbot
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We have just returned home having spent a week in May at Center Parcs Longleat Forest. We travelled up in two cars from our home in Newton Abbot, Devon. Our party consisted of myself, my wife, my daughter and my son in law and their two children. The children were aged 12 and 9 years. We are both retired. My daughter and her husband are in their forties. This gives us a true, across the board view of what was on offer. There was quite a queue to book in at the reception, but because we had booked in on line before we came, once we got to the reception, we were dealt with quickly and efficiently. Because my daughter was recovering from a recent operation we booked a woodland lodge fairly close to all the amenities. Center Parcs charged us £30 to keep the lodge booked for us. I thought that they were a little bit shrewish with that charge but I agreed to it. One other thing that affected our approach was that Sean, my grandson is autistic, so we were not sure how he would behave in the strange surroundings with a lot of strangers about him. Firstly, I must say that I would have liked to have booked a more plush Tree House for the occasion but found that the price of about £1600 for a week to be a bit inhibitive for our pockets. I needn't have worried because our lodge was great and we all loved it. The cost was just over £1000. We would have liked to have done far more things during our visit but the cost was quite expensive with very few things being a cheap option. We went out for a couple of evening celebration meals due to my wife's birthday and my daughters wedding anniversary occurring during that week. We had let Center Parcs know of our special occasions, but they did nothing in the way of helping us to celebrate our occasions. We told the waitresses at the Grand Cafe when we booked the table and they did pull out all the stops to make us feel good, but this was no thanks to the management. The meal however was a bit of a disaster. We decided on a carvery, but the Beef had been too over peppered and almost burned our mouths out. We complained and although they gave us a few more cuts of pork, the meals were then cold. No refund was offered. What a pity as we had all looked forward to the special meal. The other restaurant we visited was a Spanish one and we had a lovely meal of Paella. It was cooked perfectly and we really enjoyed it. With a medium size glass of wine each it came to around £16 each, I thought that it was fairly good value. There were other restaurants available such as chinese, japanese and Italian,but at over £20 a head for a main meal plus wine I thought they were over expensive and saw very few people using them. We took quite a bit of food with us and ate in on most days, trying to save our money for the leisure activities. The best free place for us to spend time in was the big indoor waterworld. It was fantastic, especially the heated pool and the rapids. It truly was a paradise with its jungle type theme. There was always plenty of space and even with our autistic grandson who is nine, we still felt safe as there were plenty of lifeguards keeping an eye on things. The wildlife around the lodges and the lake was really good with our party spotting all sorts of birds and even squirrels and the odd deer showing up to surprise us. We used the little road trains to get about and they were very good except for the changeover days on the Monday and Friday. We got caught out on the Monday as my daughter and her husband had booked to visit Aqua Sana for a Spa session. They booked 9am in the morning but did not realise there were no trains available on that day until the evening. As you are not allowed to take your own cars within the center they were stuck with about a mile walk to get there. As my daughter was restricted as to how far she could walk after her recent operation they were in a bit of a fix and it looked like they would lose their £60 fee. I phoned the security office who were responsible for all transport on the site. They came to our rescue and and took my daughter and her husband there and back. That was really good service as they were really looking forward to the experience. All in all I think that most of the staff we came into contact with seemed dedicated to ensuring that we had a great time. The last thing I think worth mentioning was my wife and I visited Aqua Sana for the Spa Session which lasts 3 hours. The facilities available such as the various types of steam rooms, the Meditation Room, the hot jacuzzi bath and the Skin Care Sessions were out of this world and we thoroughly enjoyed being pampered there. I would recommend that you attended the free skin care session. It is not just for women and as a man who gets plenty of dry skin on my face now I am getting older they found some men's skin care products to help me to start a skin care regime. My wife and I really enjoyed applying the products to our skin and both came out feeling much younger than our late sixty years plus. I think that the cost of the products they were hoping to sell us were quite a bit too expensive for us, although if like me you buy a couple of the cheaper men's skin care products you become eligible for a 10% cut in the cost and you will also get a free gift of women's products which will last most women over a month. Overall we thought that £2000 pound for a week for a family of 4 adults and 2 children was quite expensive. Without us taking a lot of our own food with us and being very conservative with eating out and attending only a few leisure pursuits we could easily have rung up a bill for £3000 plus. You could get a good holiday abroad for that and be guaranteed the sun so we will have to think hard about having a family holiday at Center Parcs again. We did however really enjoy ourselves and we were lucky with the weather. My grandaughter enjoyed her hired bike at £5 a day and it was good value. It is an excellent place to have a holiday providing you have lots of money and the weather is kind. Good Luck!!!

Room Tip: We did not stay in a hotel we stayed in a woodland lodge in the blue section (Pine129). It was fairl...
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2013

For the amount we paid we were disappointed with the standard of accommodation. Dirty cutlery, luke warm water and very tired. We went as a group booking so originally booked 3 villas next door to each other. Had call earlier this year to ask us if we would move. We explain to the lady that we wanted to stay together so she told me that she would move us to two next to each other and one right opposite. We told the lady that we had never been and as long as we were all together we would move. We ended up across the road on the opposite side of a junction and down the road. So disappointed as this meant the children could run in and out of each others homes. We had issues with activities and the manager wouldn't even speak to us as he was too busy!!!!. The swimming pool was fab and the activities we did we enjoyed.

• Stayed May 2013
Sharon_Center_Parcs, Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Longleat Forest, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
I am very sorry to read that we failed to meet your expectations and am particularly disappointed to read about the location of your villas.

I would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns and would ask that you contact me via the “Need Help?” section of our website providing full details of your complaint.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Kind regards
Sharon Press
Guest Services Executive
Whitland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This was my first visit to Center Parcs and was really impressed with the accomodation, which was perfect for a couple. The surrounding parc is beautiful and we had deers visiting us numerous times throughout our stay. The majority of people hired bikes but I found it very easy to walk around and explore the surrounding forest. But beware, the walk to the Spa is lovely to walk down but really does take it out of you on the way back, my advice is to cheat and catch the train on the way back, that way it saves your legs and gives you a mini tour of the whole complex, it even gives you a glimpse of thee spectacular treehouses!
The Spa is a must do, especially the world of spa which takes you around supposedly 15 relaxation rooms, but we only counted 13. I was treated to an aromatherapy massage on one day and a facial on another. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the whole experience was relaxing and perfect for recharging the batteries.
We booked ourselves into a variety of restaurants during our stay, I personally was disappointed with Strada Italian Restaurant, the service was good if a little too quick, we'd barely finished our starters when the Main course came out. My food was disappointing and was not what I was expecting,but on the other hand my boyfriends food was lovely.
Overall, Center Parcs provided us with everything we were looking for on a break, relaxation, peace and quiet, I will definately be visiting Center Parcs again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warminster
Bishopstrow House
#12 of 34 in Bath
Hilton Bath City
Hilton Bath City
#23 of 34 in Bath

Been to Center Parcs Longleat Forest? Share your experiences!