“Excellent - but have a credit card handy!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Center Parcs Longleat Forest

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warminster
Center Parcs Longleat Forest
Camberley Surrey
“Excellent - but have a credit card handy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We've been going to C Parcs Longleat once per year for many years. Our kids love it and we have some of our best family memories from our time there. When the kids are little they can enjoy the car free environment, the swimming, the lake and the wildlife. As they have got older, we have tried most of the activities, from Tree Trekking to Archery, Fencing and abseiling. The enduring favourite thing is the zip wire over the lake. We now exhaust ourselves with squash, badminton and tennis along with the cycling. Down time is spent in the sports bar eating, drinking, watching sports and trying our hand at snooker and pool. Recent visit was with another family and it's such an easy place to hang out with friends and ensure that everyone has a good time. The spa is good too - great shoulder massage - but it's not as luxurious as the spa at Pennyhill Park (my local spa!). However it is a very expensive short break - not for anyone on a budget or after a bargain!

Room Tip: Woodland Lodges worth the extra as they are a little less basic and you get a dishwasher. Wouldn...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,158)
Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I do like Center Parcs Longleat. Pottery Staff are the best. Activities are expensive and it is not the cheapest of places to stay. Land Train is only available at Longleat and that is good. We buy as much food outside of the Parc as possible as it is higher than average inside. Would also take your own cooking things if you are particular.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Southampton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

My previous experiences of Centre Parcs have been very positive however this weekend was truly awful.

I had booked 16 places on the Aqua Sana Twilight Spa Experience for Saturday 5th April at the Aqua Sana at Longleat. The booking process was all very simple and I made an initial booking of 10 guests topped up by a further 6 on the same booking reference with central reservations.

Upon arrival everything was great, very smooth access from the entrance through to the spa, a nice welcome by a chirpy security guard and it was just all really easy and pleasant.

We got into the spa and had the complimentary glass of bubbles each which was part of the package, the restaurant team had reserved us a table which was marvelous.

We then proceeded into the spa experience, naturally all a little excited having consumed a glass of bubbles and being with our friends, which I would like to point out are all ladies in late 30’s, 40’s, 50’s & 60’s with the youngest being 36.

Upon arrival in the spa we broke up into groups of 2’s, 3’s & 4’s to explore spa areas and within what seemed like minutes my friends were coming to me (as the booking organiser) to say they had been asked to “stop” talking and to “stop” laughing. I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing! I understand the spa is a tranquil place in some clearly marked areas but in others I would assume it is perfectly natural to catch up with your friends.

The first such incident was at the foot spa area where 4 of our group were chatting together and the second incident was in the outdoor spa pool where there were 3 of our group.

My initial thought was one of surprise having firstly no mention of silence when booking the experience, also the Aqua Sana marketing has very clear images of ladies in the spa chatting and laughing together, and the website has no mention of silence in the terms and conditions and quite frankly the spa was very very aware that we were a large group of 16 as I had been adding to the same reservation.

For the remainder of our visit our smaller groups of girls were approached on a few more occasions with the same message to stop talking. At one point I actually witnessed some of my guests being followed and almost spied on by the spa staff, unacceptable! I myself wasn’t approached at all during my visit to the spa but I did witness all of this going on and was really very disappointed.

I was in the Finnish sauna outside where there was a separate group of 5 or 6 girls all having a giggle, I was not in any way offended by their enjoyment in the sauna however had the staff seen this merriment – a stop would most certainly have been put to it!

Having seen and heard enough and taking responsibility as the organiser of my group. I eventually approached an officious lady who had once again just been complaining to part of my group. She appeared to be a manager, older than the other staff and carrying a 2 way radio. I asked her to explain if there was indeed an area within the spa whereby the ladies in our group could freely talk to each other without causing any further need for her staff to reprimand them like children. Her response was in the foot spa area only where were were stood at the time of the conversation. I explained that 4 of our group had been asked not to talk in the area previously to which her very abrupt response was that the spa had had many complaints about the volume of our talking, not the fact we were talking.

As an observation, there were a lot of other people in the spa also talking and laughing and they were not with our group.

I personally feel that Centre Parcs need to look at their marketing of the Aqua Sana Spa… the Twilight package with bubbly isn’t really a recipe for silence.

Pictures and images on posters in the spa and on line depict joy and laughter and chatting in them.

The terms and conditions state

We love to see guests enjoying themselves at the spa, however if you are visiting with a group of friends, please be respectful of noise levels to those wishing to sleep or relax.

There were clearly marked areas with beds for sleeping and relaxing which one would assume the above term applies to?

Perhaps consideration might be made by Centre Parcs in line with the marketing of a “Twilight Package” that after 4pm chatting and laughing is welcomed! It might avoid a lot of very fed up guests both those expecting to relax and those expecting to catch up with their friends (In whatever size group).

The way in which the guests in the spa were approached and reprimanded by spa staff was really unpleasant for everyone all round (not just my guests). The fact ladies were followed around the spa was unacceptable. I personally rarely complain (as you can see from all my lovely Trip Advisor entries!) and have an extremely calm approach so when I politely challenged a member of spa staff on the day for a resolve to the constant reprimanding I was left speechless by her rude and almost aggressive response.

I and 3 of the guests left the spa after around 90 minutes and shall most definitely not be returning. I certainly will not be recommending Centre Parcs and I feel that the total of £728.00 we collectively spent on the experience was in no way good value, despite the warm welcome and the bubbly we have all 16 of us been left feeling very disappointed with the Centre Parcs Aqua Sana Spa Experience, in particular the rules and the staff.

The marketing is misleading and had we known the “rules” in advance we would definitely have saved us all a lot of time and upset by booking elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank EventMaker
Emma F, Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Longleat Forest, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Hi there

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I was so sorry to read of your experience and that you were all left feeling so disappointed.

I have received an email from you so will respond to your concerns directly.

Kind regards

Emma Fairhurst
Guest Services Executive
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I didn't know what to expect when myself, husband, daughter and 2 tots came for a mid-week break to Longleat Center Parcs the 1st week of April. The cost of the accommodation was very reasonable outside school holidays but if you eat out a lot and book lots of activities it soon adds up so be aware of that. We were pleased with the accommodation in a 3 bedroom woodland lodge -it was clean but no daily maid service. We couldn't hear our neighbours either side. Activities were easily booked and staff were very cheerful and pleasant. Maintenance fixed our TV within a few hours of reporting it as not working. A safe haven for small children although beware of silent cycles coming up behind you when you're walking!

A few niggles - the opening and closing times are not up-to-date in the leaflets so when we returned our cycles on the last evening the cycle centre had closed an hour earlier than advertised. Also we had pre-booked the pancake house for a magic show. We turned up about 5.35pm which was 10 minutes before the time booked, as did lots of other parents and children, and the place was shut up. The board outside said the venue wouldn't open until 6pm. We could see staff inside but no-one came to explain what was happening. They did open dead on 5.45 and the staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful but the magic show didn't start until 7pm. None of this was explained on the website when we booked. Finally it would be helpful if the Land Train went anti-clockwise as well as clockwise. To get to our lodge from the Plaza or Village Square took 40 minutes by train whereas it would have been less than 5 minutes in the opposite direction!

Nevertheless, we will certainly go again but probably to Elveden next time which we are told is flat. Longleat has some very steep hills - hard to cycle up when you are towing a trailer!

Room Tip: If you have under 4s, take some Fireman Sam or Iconicles DVDs as the TV channel didn't offer CBe...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
kent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

They literally open the 'gate' at 3pm so it ends up a mad congested palaver to get to the villa. The villa was ok except the fridge did not work properly and ruined our food. When we complained my husband had to do a one hour round trip to have it replaced by centre parts. This one hour round trips shows just how huge this site is. You can't just pop anywhere, it needs to be a military exercise especially if you have small children. Restaurant services were poor and slow. Another point on the villa is that the patio locks did not work properly and they were particularly clean. To help you get About at the site is so huge they put on a land train service which broke down numerous times of which they replaced with minibuses but these were insufficient and you ended up packed in like sardines. Not my idea of fun! On the plus side, nice location, food was good and activities ok.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank julie c
Plympton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Excellent location. It is it's own village, like being in another world. Love no cars other than on Monday and Friday. Very safe place to be and very safe getting around the park with children. Good for exercise, even if you do not partake in any of the adventure activities.
Swimming pool is FAULTLESS, best swimming pool ever, anywhere! Something for every one! Multiple slides, for all ages. Multiple rapid pools, for all ages. 2 sauna areas. Plunge pool. HOT out door pool wave machine, better than Tyohoon Lagoon and Blizzard beach, (Disney, Florida).
Cycle hire is a bit pricey but worth having with a trailer if you got small children. (Can take your own bikes at no charge). Plenty of nice restaurants, Hucks and Hawtons definitely worth a visit but I would avoid Strada next time, (personally).
A few minor defects with our accommodation, reported immediately and fixed within the half hour. Would definitely go again, (although would not sacrifice going abroad to go CentePatcs).
Do not understand their pricing though? I think it is rather expensive compared to other as nice holiday parks or nice hotels, (which usually include a massive buffet breakfast).
I would go again and have been before, but don't think once you have booked and paid it will be a cheap time! 3 of us average meal bill, (eating out) was £50!
Apart from swimming, all activities are chargeable.
Small few retail shops and a super market with fresh Deli, all the well known brands sold in the super market.
Would go again and it is in my top 4 U.K. holiday destinations, but also the 2nd most expensive.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Mlucas432
Warwick, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Accommodation poor quality for money. Kitchen not cleaned properly. Smells of sewage in accommodation.
Activities expensive.
Litter everywhere.
Fag ends everywhere along with lots of anti-social smokers.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank happyholidays529
Emma F, Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Longleat Forest, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I was sorry to read of your disappointment with your accommodation and that you experienced the issues you have described. I am unsure if you brought these to our attention at the time but can assure you that we would have done all we could to rectify your concerns.

I was surprised to read your comments about litter as we have team members that are solely in charge of ensuring a litter free environment where possible. In addition to this, our whole team across all of our Villages are dedicated to making sure our Villages are as litter free as possible, including cigarettes.

Once again, thank you for posting and we apologise that you were so disappointed on this occasion.

Kind regards

Emma Fairhurst
Guest Services Executive
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warminster
Bishopstrow House
Hilton Bath City
#24 of 34 in Bath
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,635 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Bath

Been to Center Parcs Longleat Forest? Share your experiences!