Center Parcs Longleat Forest
US$173
US$161
Agoda.com
US$126
Premier Inn Frome Hotel(Frome)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
The Woolpack Inn(Beckington)(Great Value!)
US$83
Travelodge Beckington(Beckington)(Great Value!)
US$61
Travelodge
Premier Inn Trowbridge Hotel(Trowbridge)(Great Value!)
US$88
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
The Polebarn(Trowbridge)
US$113
The Farmers Hotel(Warminster)
  • Breakfast included
8,926 results
All reviewsland trainpancake housegrand cafegreat funexecutive lodgeswimming poolwinter wonderlandsports cafeaqua sanaall ageshired bikesvillage squarequad bikingaerial adventurefir areapine areajardin de sports
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We live nearer Elveden (and went there last year) but my parents kindly treated us this year and Longleat is a good location in between us.

Overall I think Elveden is better if you have young kids (ours are nearly 5 and 2) as the swimming pool, restaurants and sports complex are nearer each other, there is a larger toddler area in the pool with flumes, water jets and sprays and it is much flatter around the park for little legs on bikes. That said, we all had an amazing time at Longleat .

Note there is no/limited phone signal so plan a meeting point if you are arranging to meet someone here!

We chose (extra £50) Ash 825 and it was a perfect location in between the Plaza (subtropical swimming pool, parcmarket, shops, restaurants, bowling) and village square (pancake house, cafe, playground). On the main track but set back a bit so you don't have people going right past your villa. Overall quiet but we did hear a few noisy people biking back at 11pm on the fri and sat nights.

Villa was an original style 2 storey executive villa. I have to say I was really worried before we arrived that it would be tatty but I was pleasantly surprised. Yes it is a bit out dated and could definitely do with redecoration but it was clean, warm and comfortable and did the job perfectly.
We swam every day; the wave pool, outdoor pool, flumes and rapids are so much fun and you can easily spend a couple of hours in there. There are family changing cubicles and plenty of lockers (£1 coin).

My mum and dad did target archery, my husband and I did field archery and thoroughly enjoyed both (they are in different locations, both a good 10 minute walk away from the centre). We prebooked these before we left, as we did Hucks restaurant for the Saturday night. Food in there was brilliant (including buffet for the kids which enabled them to have hotdogs, pasta, beans, peas and cucumber on the same plate and they thought brilliant) but we were a bit disappointed with the play area in there.

While we were there we also booked crazy golf, pedalos, Lou badminton and mini bowling. I think it helps to have a loose idea of what you want to do and book the key activities/meals before you go. Then you can choose options when you're there depending on weather/energy levels.

For quality active family time you can't beat it and we're saving up to go again (to Elveden probably) next year.

Room Tip: Pay the extra £50 to choose a villa in Ash area if you have young kids
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We visit Longleat CP most years but I have to say we were disappointed this time. We visited Fri to Mon, 6 adults (no kiddies this time!). The cleaniness of our lodge was not up to scratch and the prices had risen so much since last year, £5 for 1 x bottle of Bulmers! just ridiculous. The staff as ever were all very friendly and the park itself is lovely, full of wildlife and activity. I think the lodges could be a little more looked after and the prices dropped slightly. We usually visit with 4 adults and 3 children but for the first time this year we are considering taking the kids somewhere else, which is a shame.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Spent half term holiday, Monday to Friday, with my daughter and nearly 5 years old granddaughter, Every day was brilliant, so much to do, it is impossible to find the words to say how good everything is. All three of us loved being in such a beautiful setting, my granddaughter was thrilled when she saw "Bambi" eating from a tree outside her bedroom window. also ducks, birds, squirrels galore were to be seen as we walked or cycled in the forest. Our lodge was just perfect, lovely and warm in the evening and mornings, beds so comfortable. I was amazed that I could still ride a bike, having not been on a bike for 14 years, the last time at Sherwood Forest , pleased to say I did not fall off! We all loved the swimming, inside and outside, the lazy river was great fun. My granddaughter tried many of the children's activities. her confidence grew such a lot, as she enjoyed them all. We are looking forward to going back again as soon as we can.

Room Tip: We were in a lodge in the Pine area, mid way between all the amenities, Brilliant, short cycle ride or walk to the Plaza or Village Square.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Hilary G
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just returned from a weekend at Longleat with a 9 yr old, 7 yr old and toddler ( and husband!) we stayed in the woodland lodges. We had a lovely time, couldn't fault anything, park and accommodation were lovely and clean. Saw lots of wildlife and weather was also nice. Longleat is quite hilly in places so was great for us. Kids loved the swimming and went twice a day! Lots of slides and stuff to do in the pool area. Would definitely recommend for slightly older children as hilly. Great time was had by all of us - a weekend wasn't enough!

Room Tip: Woodland lodges are worth upgrading to.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sharon L
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We went from Friday to Monday and it was an exhilarating weekend! There is literally something for everyone starting with the various swimming options in the main plaza. The whole site is family friendly but still attractive to those who are not so young or whose children are not so young. Mixed changing cubicles are really helpful. There is a wave pool and indoor and outdoor pools as well as a lazy river and a "rapids" which was very good. The two pistes were good as were the two flumes. Outside the plaza there were a great variety of attractions. I did a Segway experience for the first time - excellent value and really good fun. There is a lake with many water attractions. There is also an aerial adventure course and Adventure (crazy) golf., The plaza has a bowling alley as well as many shops. I could go on... The villa we had was a three bedroom villa each en suite and again had everything you needed including its own sauna. A very good weekend! Oh and I nearly forgot to mention, there is a spa for those who want to go and drift off over there. They give you a map but it is quite an experience trying to follow it - not really a criticism.

Room Tip: It is one of those where the more you pay, the better it is!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends