“Treetop Heaven”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warminster
Center Parcs Longleat Forest
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was our first trip to Centre Parcs & was such a hit, we'll be back next year! The staff are lovely and really helpful. The train is a God send because the parc is so large.The facilities are excellent & apartments are perfect for what you need. Yes some could do with a lick of paint, but nothing is not working, and in those beautiful surroundings,who cares?! The pool is clean & one of the best I've been in. Big thumbs up, they do it all so well. Well done Centre Parcs!!

Room Tip: Pick close to Plaza to get the best location
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (8,593)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

As it was my husband's birthday and my brothers 40th, the family decided to splash out and stay in one of the Treehouses available at Longleat, and boy was it worth it.

The treehouse is amazing, luxurious and comfortable. It definitely had the wow factor. There is a hot tub and infrared sauna, plus a seperate games room complete with X box, pool table and games. Everything you could want was catered for. There was even a complimentary welcome hamper with champagne on our arrival, and the treehouse staff had arranged for balloons, a card and a cake for the birthday boys. We even got a free lift up to the bike hire place to collect our bikes. Perfect!!

Although the treehouse (like the other accommodation in center parcs) is self catering, we ate out a few nights or made use of the in house dining (take away) service. It was fantastic food and delivered right to your door. Perfect if you've had a hard day doing all the different activities and all you want to do is sit in the hot tub and drink champagne.

Price wise - it was reasonable for a splash out birthday treat and when split between 8 people it works out ok. We also went during school time (as the youngest person with us was only 2 years old) so got a better rate. They do tend to bump up the prices in the school holidays.

Would definitely stop in a treehouse again but as there are only 3 available in the whole place you have to book early.

Room Tip: All rooms are good in the treehouse.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kezzamundo
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a 4 bed woodland lodge for the weekend 13th-16thJune. We had stayed this weekend last year in the same house 511.Check-in was easy, the house was clean and tidy on arrival and plenty big enough for the 8 of us- 3 adults, 1teenager and 3 children. Picked up our bikes easily. Pool kept us entertained as did parks and bike rides around the resort. Service at the sports bar and both starbucks was great. The whole place was clean and tidy. Will defo go back again. The one negative is that the activities are pricey when you take Into account how much it costs for the chalet.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jem_13_bha
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Longleat Center Parks is beautiful! The woodlands are well maintained and very picturesque. I was thrilled to capture a special moment from my bedroom balcony of a young stag grazing in the woodland right next to our Lodge? Everything on arrival went smoothly and professional with a smile a positive greeting. We were upgraded from the Original Executive Lodge to a New Executive Lodge with games room which was great! The spa was excellent with all the staff being very professional and knowing what they were talking about. The young cleaning girls were great and customer service on the whole was superb! Then came our evening meal out at Strada! We arrived and considering that I had booked a table for 7 at this restaurant 6 months ago and paid a deposit, I was surprised a table was not ready for us! However a table was made available quickly by pushing a normal table next to an american style dining table! (Not good but we didn't make a fuss). Then our very nice waiter asked what would we like to drink and we told him we would start with 2 bottles of Prosecco. All very good. We ordered our starters and main courses and started to enjoy our evening together as some of us had not seen each other for 15 years. Half way through our starters our main courses arrived, which were then sent back, then to be brought back out to us 10 minutes later some still cold in the middle. We sent them back again and after some time we all ate our meals as they came which meant we did not eat together! Ok! Fine! I speak to the supervisor who after many times her saying she was sorry asked me what I wanted her to do about it. I told her she should go away and come back to me when SHE had a solution. The waiter had by this time for no reason became very stand offish with us until he came with the dessert menu and then I told him we just wanted to leave. The supervisor did take the cost of all the main courses of the bill which was a good call but I would have had more respect for her if she had of come back with the bill herself and told me what she had done. Step it up a bit in this restaurant please. You are letting Center Parcs down! Some extra training somewhere here is needed! On the whole of it we had a superb weekend and would definitely return but would next time give Strada a miss!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AngelaAmmo39
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The facilities were amazing and our whole Center Parcs experience was great!

The only thing would say is, people with kids are up early! From 6am on average! Why does nothing realy open until 10?! That's half our morning gone! Typically kids under 3 nap between 1-3. They have 12 hour long days... That's 4 hours gone! 2 gone at lunchtime nap, so only 6 hours left!

Open the pools for family time between 9-10 at least?! Even the climbing areas didn't open early enough! Starbucks was our morning hang out! Not as fun for the kids!

Other than that, swimming pools and slides were fab! Mini bowling - brill! Crazy golf - such fun! Maze - great!

Strada was great, soft play for the kids to enjoy whilst waiting for food!

Will definitely be retuning! As we arrived home after our trip our toddler (2.5 years old) burst into tears! "Holiday home now, center parcs, water park, go back now!"

Lots of fun to be had by all!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank zoe12345678
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed at the Longleat Center Parcs in April for daughters birthday. We had a lodge on the outer limits of centre but was still not too far to get to all the attractions. The lodge was better than I had expected. Bedrooms were well furnished and clean,fresh, 'classy' looking bed linen. Very contemporary bathroom and sep. loo. Kitchen was first class with every amenity - the lodge (4 bedroomed) we had - had two fridges which was useful, and everything we needed. Lounge was spacious with wood burner (nice on cooler evenings). All in all just what we needed for a family get together.

There were a few things you could niggle about - paintwork was a bit chipped here and there and grassed areas and paths outside the lodge were a bit muddy/mucky but it had been very wet so what do you expect! Otherwise we had a really good time and will be returning next year.

Only other thing we had trouble with was on arrival. I can't fault the way we were 'booked in' at the main entrance (which was faultless and very welcoming) but we were early and had to wait for other family to arrive. We'd had a long journey and I wanted to go to the loo but in the car park area there were no loo's in sight. There was a very long walk (or so it seemed when you're busting for the loo!) to the main meeting place with restaurants, shops etc., So my advise is make sure you've had a loo/rest stop before you get to Centre Parcs or you may find yourself heading for the woods like I nearly had to do!!

We hired bikes for the weekend which was a necessity if you wanted to get around. You could take the train but biking it was much easier and more fun. We didn't eat out, opting to BBQ and cook meals as a family gathering but there were plenty of eating places. We did 10 pin bowling which was reasonably priced but the drinks were expensive! Mostly we biked to the swimming centre which was great fun especially the water rapids - the grandkids and adults (including me and my husband in our 60's) had a great time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Catheel
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was our first centre parcs visit and we had high hopes. We certainly wasn't disappointed! Check in was quick and simple. We arrived early and had a little wonder round to find our woodland lodge (pine 101). We arrived to find the decorators in touching up paintwork etc. So definitely no complaints about the lodge, it was clean and tidy, well equipt, the beds were comfortable and the added bonus of central heating was great. Even if it was just to dry our swimming gear off. Lol. We headed straight to the pancake house which was a big hit all round ( I had pre booked, I would advise this as we noticed massive ques on various occasions). I can't fault the staff or food at any of the places we ate ( hucks was another hit). The swimming was great, the rapids are very strong so be prepared for a few bruises! All good fun though. The parc market (on site supermarket) sells everything you would need. I would bring as much with you as you can as while I didn't think it was extortionate like some reviews say, it isn't cheap. On par with co-op/premier price's and you wouldn't do afull shop in one of those. We had a great time and can't wait to try the new woburn one next.

• Stayed: May 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warminster
Fieldways Hotel & Health Club
#1 of 2 in Beckington
Widbrook Grange
Widbrook Grange
#1 of 7 in Bradford-on-Avon

Been to Center Parcs Longleat Forest? Share your experiences!