“Best time ever!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warminster
Center Parcs Longleat Forest
Reviewed 21 July 2014

After reading previous reviews I was hesitant but wow! We stayed in a woodland lodge number 446 on the Oak plot. The accom was faultless,very plush and spotlessly clean. We pre booked our bikes and a few activities and I would def recommend this, also find your accommodation on the site map beforehand and study the map! They aren't great but if you have a decent sense of direction you will manage! The site is very hilly but the cycle paths are all very well maintained and my 8 yr old managed fine. The facilities are brilliant and all the staff were so friendly and helpful. The on site shop is a tad expensive but I did a big shop at sainsburys on the way and that made it much easier and cheaper. You have to eat at the pancake house... It's the best meal I've had out for a long time. I would not hesitate in re booking and there is something suitable here for every age and gender and ability.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Filer32
There are newer reviews for Center Parcs Longleat Forest

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Travelling with the extended family, this break offered good value.
We were in an older style 4 bed, 4 ensuite villa. Some of the furnishing etc were a little'tired' but that did not affect our enjoyment and we were aware beforehand what we were staying in.
The swmminig experince was the best feature with the lttle ones,- they loved it. Having said that we did say that had they not taken to it we would have been at a bit of a loss.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed here the weekend of the 5th July and have to say my experience was disappointing. The customer care right from arrival was negligible. No welcome, just vague directions to my hut. Thankfully, one of the guests was able to direct me when I go lost in the enormous car park, the signs are not helpful. We found our "chalet" ( which was in Fir) to be the furthest away from the car park, very hilly and steep if like me you have a disability. Yes ,there is a train but it is very high and difficult to climb into. The chalet itself was smelly, damp and needed a good clean , particularly the bathrooms.Looks like the vents for the bathrooms had been switched off and no one had checked why the place was smelling. One of the rooms had not been prepared and a rather surely person eventually came with the bedlinen. Towels were more like the Turin Shroud they were so flimsy.
We stayed here to attend a wedding nearby so did not come to use any of the facilities. Breakfast was adequate if unimaginative for £10. There are rules for everything and it was sheer luck that we found out the train doesn't operate on a Monday so one has to know to catch the 1/2 hrly minibus to the car park. None of the staff I spoke to seemed to know anything including directions, nor were they inclined to find out - some training is required! As for the local taxi service recommended by the security staff £10 to go to the Bath Arms and £20 to come back (before midnight). The taxi was permitted to drop us off on the return journey but not the next day,,,,why???
I felt the whole place was only interested in making money - they have a captive market - and do not care about the paying customer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Liskeenan
Emma F, Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Longleat Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I was really sorry to hear of your various disappoints. I must admit, I was surprised to read some of your comments but we do appreciate that the Center Parcs concept may not be for everybody.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been shared with the Village team.

I am genuinely sorry that you feel we do not care about our guests as this is really not the case. I hope that we may welcome you back in the future in order to prove this.

Kind regards

Emma Fairhurst
Guest Services Executive

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were extremely lucky as there was a problem with our original accommodation but I received a call in the morning of our journey and both parties were upgraded so we could continue to be next to each other which was very important. The site is very hilly as most people have said but it didn't spoil our enjoyment. We booked our restaurants in advance a lesson learnt from a previous visit to centre parcs in Elevden and both Hucks and Strada were both excellent. We all used the excellent swimming tropical paradise and most of the party made use of the spa for a variety of treatments. There is of course the bike riding which some of our party enjoyed but others due to the hiily location had to make to do with walking. There are plenty of other activities that we didn't get to do as we were only there for the weekend and we also went to longleat safari park which was also excellent. The staff were the most helpful and polite people I have ever come across at a holiday location. One last thing centre parcs is expensive especially when you add up all the extras for the activities you have to pay for and that is only reason I haven't given a 5 star rating but still a great place to go

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Centreparcs longleat is impressive looking and is good value for money. The site is large and it benefits from a land train which runs every 20 minutes. The site is a little hilly making uphill walks with a buggy pretty exhausting. The swimming facilities here are particularly impressive with a large outdoor section too.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ElleTeapot
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We visited with a toddler and thoroughly enjoyed the holiday.

Our son enjoyed the vast majority of the activities especially the nature walk. We booked 1-2 activities a day which was more than enough for him. The site itself is huge and very hilly. If any of your group are slightly adverse to cycling then I'd recommend they walk it doesn't take that much longer to drop down to the lake area.

As per the title there were a few niggles predominantly with the accommodation. It appeared that a proper check and inventory had not been taken. Numerous kitchen items were missing or broken as was a bathroom extractor and a shower pipe blocked. Worst of all was the fridge which had not been cleaned and in which a shelf was broken. However, to their credit Centre Parcs resolved all the problems and gave us a voucher for the inconvenience.

Overall though we enjoyed our holiday and plan on going again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rob C
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The accommodation is much improved since our last visit a few years ago. Not particularly dog friendly . The dog walking area needs to be at least 6 times bigger !!!! Very expensive restaurant meals. The pool wasn't too busy which was great!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Arnieboxerdog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warminster
Holiday Inn Express Bath
#1 of 3 in Warminster
Cranleigh
Cranleigh
#14 of 157 in Bath

Been to Center Parcs Longleat Forest? Share your experiences!