“Pleasantly surprised by school-holiday-time visit.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warminster
Center Parcs Longleat Forest
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We've been to Longleat twice before and had differing experiences. This was the first time we'd been in the school holidays and we were expecting the worst in terms of crowding and availability of activities and restaurants. But we were very pleasantly surprised - at no time did it feel like there were masses of people there. Even though we were a party of seven, we managed to do pretty much whatever we wanted to do when we wanted to do it and we managed to book into restaurants with relative ease too. We only booked three activities beforehand but booked lots more when there. We stayed in a 4-bed Woodland lodge in Pine, which was a very short trot through the woods to the Plaza but was also very quiet. Although there were no towels when we first got into the lodge they soon turned up with apologies. The lodge was clean and well-appointed, and everything worked although the oven confused us for a while (they're gas, although we didn't think it looked like it was!). There were a couple of problems with the land train breaking down but they sent round housekeeping mini-buses when that happened and we were never left waiting. The staff running the activities were generally excellent. My six-year-old son and I did the Robin Hood and Little Johns archery session and they were extremely helpful and encouraging when my son found it a bit tricky. We also missed a junior quad biking session we'd booked, which was completely our fault as we'd mistakenly thought it was in the afternoon when it was actually that morning. When we turned up, although the afternoon sessions were full, the staff managed to organise things so that my son could still have a go, spending about 20 mins doing the biking when they could easily have just sent us away again. The staff in the reception area were particularly friendly and helpful too. All in all, we had a great time during what I thought would be an overcrowded and frustrating period of the year, so well done Center Parcs! The only negative I can think of, which I think is always the case with Center Parcs, is the price. They massively inflate their prices at peak times, but because we shared a larger accommodation with other family members it was a bit more affordable and they're hardly the only holiday company to do this. I have little doubt we'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I just came back from CenterParcs Yesterday after 4 days, we both had an amazing time!

Everyone was really friendly and very, very helpful!

We booked a few activities which were incredibly straight forward; Falconry, Target Archery, Bowling, Aqua Spa & a restaurant. Be aware, you will need to book everything in advance as we wanted to go to the Pancake house but by the time we went to book it was it fully booked!

We stayed in the PineWood apartments: it was very cosy and great for two people and it was right next to the Plaza which was very convenient. Inside the apartment we didn't realise that we wouldn't have an oven, however there is a MircoWave Oven which once we realised how to work it, it was very handy. The freezer was a tad small so be careful not to take too much frozen food with you!

All in all we had an amazing experience there and are considering going back again!! :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aaron N
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Thank you Centre Parcs for providing a fabulous setting for our family holiday. 12 members of our family ranging from 7 to 67 years enjoyed the environment and the wide range of activities on offer. We all loved our week in the forest.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Been to center parcs at longleat a number of times in the last 15-20 years and always leave having had a great time.

Booked an "executive house" with 4 ensuite rooms.Great space and accommodation for the 8 of us staying there.
The only gripes about the stay were that for accommodation that cost £2000+ for a 4 night stay it was in need of updating and some maintenance.One shower leaked each time it was used and had a faulty extractor fan.Decor was very tired in places inc paint peeling from a ceiling. Also the credit card charge-just over 2%.My little insignificant business can secure a rate of 1.7% and I cannot believe CP are able to screw a bank down tighter and pass the saving on or......Not pass it on at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank JezMode
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I had not returned to centre parcs for 2 years as I felt that it was no longer value for money, After staying last weekend I can only say that it was better then before the prices now are very close to the hight street if you look at resuarent prices online then you can see there about right. The only problems I found was that everything opens at 10.00 and close's at 21.00 the only execptions are starbucks that opens early and the sports cafe that close's late. It was a great stay as a four day break was perfect for adults a week is beter for children. I have already booked in for my next wedding anversery. If you havent gone yet book now.

Room Tip: go for 842 Just stayed here and its execlent
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I am currently still at Longleat. My 1st visit to this village as we normally go to elveden.
Just a few tips, Longleat is MASSIVE and things are a long way apart, the land train is VERY uncomfortable.if you see this as an issue go to elveden. CP is expensive, no one has ever said otherwise, but it's not ridiculously expensive, you get what you pay for. It would be possible to come and not spend any extra money at all, but you are on holiday at end of day so may as well enjoy it!
One small negative is some of the activities start at 9 and depending where you are located in village the land train starts a few minutes after this so my daughter was late for 2 activities, although staff are very understanding of this and say "it happens all the time" my suggestion would be to move activity back slightly, but that's a minor gripe.
Also, next time we book we will return to elevden rather than longleat as we will have baby twins (eeek!) and folding down pram each time to go on train will be too much hassle, and in addition the kids area of the pool at elevden is MUCH better.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Andy H
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Myself and my partner visited Centre Parcs for the first time at the start of the year. Although it's a little pricey we had a relaxing time and would return. I was worried that as a couple we might be slightly out of place as the adverts always show a typical family with a dog, but since our visit I would definitely recommend Centre Parcs to other couples looking of a midweek escape.

We visited midweek (5 days) and the only extra activity we did was a day at the spa (which was well worth the visit!). The rest of the time we spent around the pool. Luckily we took enough food with us to see us through our visit as the catering outlets are very expensive.

My only complaint is that we are owners of an electric car and we weren't able to charge our car during our visit. I wouldn't normally mind as car charging is relevantly new however Center Pacs state on their website that they use electric vehicles within their own fleet so I was disappointed when we contacted the site before our visit to see if we would be able to arrange a charge of our car during our stay and we were advise that we were not able to do so.

Please can I recommend that this is something Centre Parcs to review as we are looking to return in November but we have to add in extra costs to hire a petrol car for our visit. It seems that each lamp post have their own outside plug, so we can just connect to a lamp post for a few hours or so!

Room Tip: 228 (Not too far to walk from the swimming pool!)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Owlie_15
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warminster
Holiday Inn Express Bath
Bishopstrow House
Bishopstrow House
#1 of 3 in Warminster
Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel

Been to Center Parcs Longleat Forest? Share your experiences!