“You pay for it, but its worth it”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warminster
Center Parcs Longleat Forest
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We all have the usual complaints about the costs of holidays in school time but I am going to ignore that.

We went to CP Longleat for 4 nights and had a great time with our 3 kids. I didnt realise that the Woodland lodge is now the cheapest type, the Comfort and Comfort Plus no longer seem to exist. It was a fantastic lodge for the cheapest with some features we didnt need (like a TV in the main bedroom).

Activities are expensive (particularly with 3 kids) but you get what you pay for. I pointed out that the activities we did in one day would have been the same as the parking for 2 weeks at Gatwick.

Food is expensive so we shopped at our local supermarket before we arrived. We ate out a couple of times in Strada and the Sports Cafe and the food and service was good.

Evertything was cleaned and well maintained and we staff were all very good. If you think it is expensive at CP look at the cost of Butlins and you will be surprised what you have to pay there for a 1950s chalet that I wouldnt let my dog stay in.

Room Tip: If you dont have very small kids make the effort and stay as far from the plaza as you can and cycle...
2  Thank 3childfamily
Write a ReviewReviews (8,601)

Reviewed 29 August 2014

we booked to have a 5 day break and on the evening of day 1 i fell off my bike. i not only damaged my face but broke my hand. the staff were wonderful and very helpful - they refunded all my events i had booked and were concerned for my welfare . They even gave me some choccies and a bottle of wine to help with my recovery!
i would go back there in the future but perhaps not ride a bike around the site (it really isn't necessary if you give yourself enough time to get to each activity)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank yvonne s
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We went to Longleat Center Parcs for our first time and stayed in a Woodland lodge over the weekend. We had a great time as a large family and went with three young children and was lucky enough to have our lodge so close to the car park and the plaza as I heard it can take 15 mins to reach your car in other areas. When you first enter you are allowed to drive up to your lodge only to unload your stuff but are not allowed to leave your car there as you must go to the car park otherwise you may get a parking ticket if you leave your car by the lodge. Once you have parked your car forget about it as it then becomes a car free zone until check out. Be prepared to do lots of walking or cycling as it's quite hilly in certain areas. Overall the experience being in the middle of the forest was excellent as you feel safe. The are lots of activities to do so choose wisely as it can take 15 mins walking distance reaching them. My daughter did horse riding which was a 20 min drive off location! We loved the sub tropical swimming pool especially the water slides, which was great as the water is quite warm outside. The lake area by Jardin des Sports is also quite nice for the family. Make sure you take you walking boots or cycling legs.

Room Tip: Try to book the woodland lodge with WIFI, daily maid service and en-suite rooms. (Check the descript...
1  Thank Kash_9
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

The thing about center parcs is that it's expensive. First and foremost get your head around that.

We fully appreciated that school holidays mean you'll be royally screwed as everyone likes to cash in on fried parents.

I actually love center parcs and my best piece of advice is to book EVERYTHING in advance but don't try to do too much.

We stayed for 4 nights this time and I wish it'd been a week, then we could've spread things out a bit.

I left absolutely knackered, but the kids had a blast. Organisation is the key to this place, oh and don't be afraid to complain, we were unhappy with a couple of things and they were dealt with quickly and courteously.

The staff all seem pretty content to work there, which nowadays, is a rare pleasure to see :-)

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank carrieandhershoes
Reviewed 26 August 2014

There were 8 of us, inc. 4 children, in one of the executive houses. Very good accommodation with 4 en suite bedrooms, large lounge/dining area/kitchen, and sauna. Tremendous range of activities but all very expensive apart from the pool area - which was great - the land train and some swing/ slide play areas. However, it was pretty busy so lots of people were finding it affordable and everyone seemed to b having a good time.

Most of the food was disappointing but - without exception all the staff we had dealings with were superb, even to the extent of following up unexpectedly. We had a silly incident on leaving - threw our house key into the key box on leaving - instead of the accommodation key - and Lynn - who I spoke to on realising - called me back twice to make sure that I had recovered the key. Very impressive.

Room Tip: If you find it difficult to walk up hills, then try to get accommodation where it is flat e. g. on t...
1  Thank John J
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Have been going to center parcs since I was a baby with my parents and my sister. We have always been impressed by the outstanding accommodation. Yes it is pricey but it is always clean and even though most of the extra activities are very expensive swimming is free and there is plenty of space to cycle, though taking your own bikes is better as hiring them from the site is expensive. The pool is clean and has many shoots, hot tubs, plunge pools, rapids and more! There are also shops in the plaza and many restaurants of good quality and a supermarket which is quite expensive so if you are self catering take most of your own food. Also there is the sports center with a few shops and cafe bar, which you can access down some ramps or a free land train. On the way down there are other restaurants and some childrens parks. They include an adventure playground with a (free) zip wire. You can also take dogs however there is no outdoor space where you can let your dogs run about which is disappointing due to the vast space center parcs is. But they do allow dogs and are very friendly towards them.
We are going again this year and cannot wait!
Rubie

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rubie B
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Dont book the teddies bear picnic. when we attended, it was held in the sports hall with badminton being played by the side of us, really noisy with bowling etc taking place. The people hosting it were more interested in watching the other sports taking place, they didn't engage with the children at all , told a story from a ripped scruffy old book . No communication from start to finish total rubbish and a real disappointment as everything else in Center Parcs is first class.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sally D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warminster
Premier Inn Trowbridge Hotel
#2 of 7 in Bradford-on-Avon
Travelodge Beckington
Travelodge Beckington
#1 of 2 in Beckington

Been to Center Parcs Longleat Forest? Share your experiences!