“Fantastic Lunch!”

Ranked #25 of 77 Restaurants in Warminster
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Angel Inn has been totally refurbished over the last 18 months, our bar is warm and inviting, soft bench seating, in wools and tartan create a cosy, informal area. The dining area is rustic, modern and intimate with atmospheric lighting adjusted to the mood, traditional wooden furniture with contemporary twists add to what we hope will be an enjoyable dining experience. Real ale, Doom Bar and Butcombe and local ciders are complemented by our excellent wine list, of which we serve a good variety by the glass. Our gin selection is growing, well appreciated with Fever Tree mixers and Fentimans is among our non alcoholic beverages on offer. We serve good pub classics, fish & chips, ham, egg & chips and a superb burger with home made chilli jam, our scotch eggs are a must! In addition we offer an a la carte menu and specials including fresh fish are advertised on our blackboards, ice creams and sorbets are homemade and our menu is gluten free wherever possible. Sundays we offer a set menu, which includes two roasts, one of which is beef. Our bedrooms are finished to a high standard with beautiful bathrooms fitted with walk in showers. We offer a guest suite which enables a family to stay in two adjoining rooms, with it's own private access for greater privacy and relaxation. Just a few minutes from Longleat Safari Park & House and easily accessible for Bath, Salisbury and Wells, the Angel Inn is well situated for easy access to many local attractions.
Reviewed 11 September 2013

My husband and I went here for lunch with friends and had a great experience. The staff were friendly and the food was very good. They have a specials menu where you can get two courses for £10 or three courses for £15. I had the carrot and coriander soup for starter and the chicken schnitzel for main. Both courses were very good and sensible portions. We all enjoyed the fact that the food was quality over quantity. While they were smaller than your average pub meal, it was very good quality instead of just being a pile of low quality. Needless to say, it was great value! For four people it was £79 including a bottle of wine, pint of beer, wine spritzer, two coffees, bread, olives, four starters, four mains and one desert!

1  Thank vls2002
There are newer reviews for The Angel Inn

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Awesome value for a hearty bowl of home made soup and hake fillet main. I don't know how they do it for £10, I would pay £20 for what I had. Great beer too.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

The angel at Upton Scudamore always offers excellent food, service and atmosphere - been many times before always very good!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Came across the sign along the road and just managed to turn off in time on a hunch. Turned out to be a good one, as the real ale in the bar was beautiful, the staff were all very friendly, we both had the roasted tomato soup which was the best we've ever tasted and the whole meal well above normal pub grub standard, as it is a real restaurant.. The bedroom was large and clean and the village very quite. We will be going back next time we need an overnight before the Weymouth ferry.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I have dined here a few times recently on the recommendation of my parents who also go often. I have been with my husband as well as my friend. I have even taken my 10 month old daughter and every time I have been I have been very impressed.

The food is fantastic, the wine list lovely but what I love most is that you are genuinely made to feel welcome there. No matter what time of the day you go or who with.

The lady who I believe runs the establishment often greets you personally and remembers you which is such a nice personal touch.

Would definitely recommend and will be going again