“Angel Inn, Upton Scudamore”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Angel Inn

The Angel Inn
Ranked #22 of 74 Restaurants in Warminster
Price range: US$9 - US$31
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The Angel Inn has been totally refurbished over the last 18 months, our bar is warm and inviting, soft bench seating, in wools and tartan create a cosy, informal area. The dining area is rustic, modern and intimate with atmospheric lighting adjusted to the mood, traditional wooden furniture with contemporary twists add to what we hope will be an enjoyable dining experience. Real ale, Doom Bar and Butcombe and local ciders are complemented by our excellent wine list, of which we serve a good variety by the glass. Our gin selection is growing, well appreciated with Fever Tree mixers and Fentimans is among our non alcoholic beverages on offer. We serve good pub classics, fish & chips, ham, egg & chips and a superb burger with home made chilli jam, our scotch eggs are a must! In addition we offer an a la carte menu and specials including fresh fish are advertised on our blackboards, ice creams and sorbets are homemade and our menu is gluten free wherever possible. Sundays we offer a set menu, which includes two roasts, one of which is beef. Our bedrooms are finished to a high standard with beautiful bathrooms fitted with walk in showers. We offer a guest suite which enables a family to stay in two adjoining rooms, with it's own private access for greater privacy and relaxation. Just a few minutes from Longleat Safari Park & House and easily accessible for Bath, Salisbury and Wells, the Angel Inn is well situated for easy access to many local attractions.
Warminster, United Kingdom
“Angel Inn, Upton Scudamore”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This restaurant is one our local favourites.
The food is consistently very good. The service is always good, attentive but not intrusive.

• Visited March 2014

Bath, United Kingdom
“Lovely relaxed meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went to this restaurant last Sunday and enjoyed a fabulous meal! I had to start Pan fried scallops with caramelised cauliflower puree, pancetta and black pudding what can I say delicious!
The duck I had for my main was perfectly cooked and the White chocolate brûlée I had for desert was amazing! The staff although we kept them late as we had a late booking were friendly and accommodating.
If you want a lovely meal in a relaxed environment you will not do better than to go to The Angel Inn. My compliments go to the chef and staff, this place deserves to be packed to the rafters every night. Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2014
Nanyuki Town, Kenya
“Always Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I've been to the Angel Inn a number of times and only ever been disappointed once with the duck breast from hell that was all sinew but that was a few years ago now. However every other meals has been fantastic and the menu choices usually require some eeny, meany, mo to make the final choice as they is usually 2 or 3 things I'd really like to try. The staff are always friendly and happy to help and the atmosphere has always been relaxed and comfortable. Highly recommend.

Visited April 2014
Andover, United Kingdom
“Why isn't this pub booked solid?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

What a delightful pub/restaurant this is. Excellent food at incredibly reasonable prices, in fact we felt they are underpriced for the quality. My wife and I took a friend there for lunch today (12/04/2014) and were amazed to find the restaurant virtually empty. The staff told us there had been one cancellation, which happens to every restaurant now and then, and another party simply hadn't bothered to turn up which, to me, is just plain bloody rude! We had a delicious lunch, 2 of us had the homemade mushroom soup (with rosemary oil and just a hint of garlic) which came with really good bread, and my wife had a twice baked goats cheese soufflé as light as a fairy's wing. For our main courses 2 of us chose hake, crushed olive oil new potatoes and a green salad with pickled fennel, which was quite lovely. Our companion had the beer battered fish and chips, again delicious. The puddings were also top class and just the right size. The staff are perfectly attentive without being intrusive and the whole meal was a totally pleasant experience. So why isn't The Angel packed to the rafters? Come on everyone, if you're in the Warminster area go there for a meal, it's well worth it and you may just help save another friendly local stay afloat. We're losing too many pubs in this country to be able to let good ones like The Angel go!
BTW I have no connection to or financial interest in The Angel, I just appreciate good food and excellent service.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank david w
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Very rude and unfriendly staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

This is a real shame. We stayed at a rental house in Upton Scudamore for a week. The pub looked nice. And the food sounded nice albeit not cheap. The staff though were all unfriendly, indeed even rude. The bar manager was exceptionally rude and could not give us the time of day.

I recommend to look elsewhere. People like this do not deserve our custom. I heard the pub is in receivership and now I know why.

Visited March 2014