“Wasn't as good second time round”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Angel Inn

The Angel Inn
Ranked #22 of 74 Restaurants in Warminster
Price range: US$9 - US$31
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The Angel Inn has been totally refurbished over the last 18 months, our bar is warm and inviting, soft bench seating, in wools and tartan create a cosy, informal area. The dining area is rustic, modern and intimate with atmospheric lighting adjusted to the mood, traditional wooden furniture with contemporary twists add to what we hope will be an enjoyable dining experience. Real ale, Doom Bar and Butcombe and local ciders are complemented by our excellent wine list, of which we serve a good variety by the glass. Our gin selection is growing, well appreciated with Fever Tree mixers and Fentimans is among our non alcoholic beverages on offer. We serve good pub classics, fish & chips, ham, egg & chips and a superb burger with home made chilli jam, our scotch eggs are a must! In addition we offer an a la carte menu and specials including fresh fish are advertised on our blackboards, ice creams and sorbets are homemade and our menu is gluten free wherever possible. Sundays we offer a set menu, which includes two roasts, one of which is beef. Our bedrooms are finished to a high standard with beautiful bathrooms fitted with walk in showers. We offer a guest suite which enables a family to stay in two adjoining rooms, with it's own private access for greater privacy and relaxation. Just a few minutes from Longleat Safari Park & House and easily accessible for Bath, Salisbury and Wells, the Angel Inn is well situated for easy access to many local attractions.
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“Wasn't as good second time round”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Went for lunch as part of our vacation, last time was 1 year ago. It seems they have undergone changes, whether via ownership or staff I am not sure.

The welcome was so so, food average and service not as efficient as last time. Also they have stopped their 5+5 lunch offers.

If we are in the area next year, we'll probably look for alternatives.

• Visited July 2014

Bath, United Kingdom
“Food not bad service poor”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have been here a few times before and I must say it seems to have gone down hill since our last visit. The food was ok not brilliant and the service was poor. There was one person serving who I take was the manager, we all got the impression he couldn't wait to get us out of the place. The tables didn't seem that clean intact ours felt sticky! The decor of the main dining area is shabby, in one place I spotted an envelope stuck to the ceiling I presume to hide a hole in it and in another place a piece of cardboard stuck over what looked like what was a water leak in the ceiling!
Overall food ok staff unfriendly. Will not be returning any time soon.

• Visited July 2014
Warminster, United Kingdom
“Angel Inn, Upton Scudamore”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This restaurant is one our local favourites.
The food is consistently very good. The service is always good, attentive but not intrusive.

• Visited March 2014
Bath, United Kingdom
“Lovely relaxed meal”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went to this restaurant last Sunday and enjoyed a fabulous meal! I had to start Pan fried scallops with caramelised cauliflower puree, pancetta and black pudding what can I say delicious!
The duck I had for my main was perfectly cooked and the White chocolate brûlée I had for desert was amazing! The staff although we kept them late as we had a late booking were friendly and accommodating.
If you want a lovely meal in a relaxed environment you will not do better than to go to The Angel Inn. My compliments go to the chef and staff, this place deserves to be packed to the rafters every night. Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2014
Nanyuki Town, Kenya
“Always Great Food”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I've been to the Angel Inn a number of times and only ever been disappointed once with the duck breast from hell that was all sinew but that was a few years ago now. However every other meals has been fantastic and the menu choices usually require some eeny, meany, mo to make the final choice as they is usually 2 or 3 things I'd really like to try. The staff are always friendly and happy to help and the atmosphere has always been relaxed and comfortable. Highly recommend.

Visited April 2014