“Relaxed lunch, great coffee, will be back.”
Review of Fat Fowl

Fat Fowl
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Based in the original site of Bradford on Avon’s post office, The Fat Fowl has got fine local dining sorted. Featuring rustic wooden tables and chairs, muted colours and an abundance of freshly cut flowers, the Fat Fowl is simple yet smart. The proprietors are passionate about provincial food, sourced locally where possible. Daily fresh fish from Brixham, local West Country cheese, homemade chutneys, freshly baked breads and home made desserts are just some of the wonderful things that keep a steady stream of regulars coming back. If that doesn’t convince you, their chef won Chef of the Year 2008 in Wiltshire Life Initiative. For quality in value in the area, the Fat Fowl delivers.
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Just had a very relaxed lunch. Attentive service.
Great coffee and free wifi too.
Will be back.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

The service was first class but the food well my granny cooks better and she burns everything. A real shame as 2 years ago we had a wonderful meal there.

2  Thank Petra186
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Arriving at the Fat Fowl on a Saturday evening, my friend and I were warmly greeted by the couple who own the restaurant. We were shown to a table, and although it was not very busy, there was a buzz about the place. Two waitresses served us, they were both very friendly and attentive, without being over familiar. The meal was good English fare, a lamb based mixed grill to share, which was both tasty and satisfying - there is growing competition in Bradford on Avon but the Fat Fowl is certainly at the top of the table.

Reviewed 28 August 2011

Was looking forward to a meal with my newly husband and his parents.
On arrival we were greeted as it was dead we had the choice of were to sit. This is when the fun starts the chef was stood at end of bar flirting quite load with the waitress.. We decided not to have starters as we wanted afters, my chicken was very pink, my husbands fish was so bland and my in-laws were not happy too..we were now 9pm and no other customers apart from a large little girl whom I'm taking was the waitress's daughter and a chef that was never in the kitchen.
The main meal was so dissapioting we decided not to have desserts or coffee and for what we had was far too expensive the service wotheras poor and the place could do with a good bloody clean.
A very sad night by all never again when we have other wonderful places to eat in town.

5  Thank 01456han
Reviewed 25 August 2011

When we first arrived, our waitress greeted us and gave us a choice of tables. She was friendly without being intrusive the entire evening. We weren't rushed but we weren't waiting a long time either. The food was good. We shared a fish platter from the tapas menu which arrived with bread, oil and vinegar and was very good. We weren't terribly adventurous for our main course and chose a steak and the crab pasta for our main courses from the a la carte menu. Both were well cooked and the trimmings that arrived were nice. The atmosphere in the restaurant was welcoming and considering it was mid-week it was very full. As the restaurant is well laid out this doesn't make you feel cramped. It was nice to see people enjoying a glass of wine al fresco with the tea lights on the table. The bar waiter appeared inexperienced and I'm not sure my partner thought his dessert was good value which were the only slight negatives of the evening. I would certainly return and recommend this restaurant to others.