“Lovely!”
Review of Lynchetts

Lynchetts
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bradford-on-Avon
Lynchetts
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Recently returned from staying overnight at Lynchetts. I can only echo previous positive comments about Glenys and her beautiful house. On my arrival she was warm and welcoming. Even when there was a mix up with my booking she smiled and carried on. I stayed in the attic room which was full of character and comfortable. I had both a tv and tea making facilities. The curtain drawn across as a make shift door didn't bother me as I was only there to sleep.. not to spend my entire trip! The breakfast Glenys served was perfectly adequate. The location to the town centre was great. And as I said before the house and gardens are beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Rea D
There are newer reviews for Lynchetts

Reviewed 1 August 2014

From the moment you walk through the gate this place fascinates and delights.
Quirky rooms and corridors, and delightful outside area. We were made very welcome.
Lovely and quiet. Comfortable bed, plenty of hot water.Excellent hosts.
Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Opted for Bradford on Avon rather than the busier, more expensive Bath and found Lynchetts through the very helpful staff at the local Tourist Information office. We were thrilled with this choice from the moment we arrived - full of character (both the house and the hosts) and very comfortable. Glynis & George were warm & welcoming, and we enjoyed our passing chats over the couple of days we were there. The gardens are magnificent and we were lucky to be present during the setting up for this year's Sculptured Garden exhibition - what a bonus! Walking distance to pubs/restaurants, the canal, and the train station (only 11 minutes to Bath by train).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Glynis greeted us with a welcoming smile and introduced us to this wonderful space. Our window looked out onto her expansive garden and wee walked among her plantings. She warned us about eating a proper pie at a nearby place, saying it was a meal meant for two - but nay, I just had to order a proper pie for myself. When I finished, I spoke with the proprietor and simply mentioned that that particular pie was meant for non other than Hercules. We slept soundly and the breakfast was just right and Glynis was so nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We have just stayed in this B and B and thoroughly enjoyed it. The house is beautiful, elegant and tasteful. Our room was large and comfortable with small, but very clean and well laid out ensuite. While there was no large breakfast menu choice so to speak, this really didn't matter. The food presented was of a very high quality, well cooked and was absolutely delicious. The host was courteous but gave us space and privacy. We will definitely be back! Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This place is a real gem. We came for the Christmas market in Bath and having stayed in Bradford before i thought this a good alternative after Bath was all booked out.
I have never been so pleased by a decision that was pre made for me subject to availability in Bath. Bradford on Avon is beautiful in its own right and I keep planning coming back to visit solely.
The room was extremely comfortable and the sitting area relaxing. The breakfast was fantastic and complemented by a selection of homemade jams and compotes. This can also be bought on the premise. Car parking is available behind the house and the garden appeared vast. This may be really beautiful to relax in during a summer stay.
The train station is only a 5 minute walk away going straight to Bath on a frequent basis.
The owners are very welcoming and helpful. The house itself is rather grand and one could get easily lost in the little hallways and staircases.
For an evening meal i can heartily recommend the Pie Pub just down the road on the left. I have never experienced anything like it. Unfortunately I will not be able to eat another Pie in another pub as it would fight to meet the standard of this establishment. The meat is lean, the selection vast and there is even a choice of pastry or no pastry would you believe.
Very likely to go back to Lynchettes and can only recommend to all.

Room Tip: The twin bed room is in. The attic, watch your head. A toilet and basin is in the attic to but the m...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank charize
Reviewed 24 December 2013

This is the second time that we have stayed at Lynchetts as we enjoy Bradford on Avon. It has become a tradition to stay the last weekend before Christmas. As usual Mrs Lunt is the perfect hostess. The room is always spotless. Tea and biscuits are offered on arrival. She leaves us in the breakfast room to have a catch up with our friends.The bed is so comfy and we always sleep so well. Breakfast in the morning is served up in the dining room with a Christmas tree situated in the window making us all get in to the festive spirit. The breakfast is always plentiful featuring her own preserves, full English breakfast, cereal, toast, yoghurt and fruit compote.She also sells her own jams, chutneys and jelly's which I have bought to have over Christmas. All in all a fantastic stay and well worth a visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple