“Fabulous”
Review of Ravello

Ravello
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Fabulous food, wine and service. From the moment we arrived we were looked after, food was excellent and loved the Italian red wine

1  Thank 21TJG

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Housed in a beautiful old stone building just by Bradford on Avon’s famous Town Bridge, the Ravello ticks all the boxes.
Interesting varied menu with daily specials, good wine list, delicious food served by friendly attentive staff.
A mistake in the kitchen delayed our meal slightly and we were alerted to that immediately - a slight enough delay that they need not have owned up to but, to their credit , they did a later reflected it by nil-charging our liqueur coffees.

1  Thank Roger C
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Rude , intimidating staff , right from the time of booking. I booked a table for my mums birthday and was told we had to pre order which is no problem, I rang with the order on the Wednesday and was spoken to by a very rude man who said all the orders should of been by now !!! When I gave my order he implied it was not enough as I didn't order a starter. When my mum and dad popped in to give there order they had a similar experience. There was only 13 of us mostly just having pizza !!! don't know what the fuss was about. When we arrived we were told we needed to be gone by 8.30. The first waiter checked the pre order with us and we corrected it as some of it had been written down incorrectly by the staff. Then the pizza came out and we were obviously given the wrong tables order with 5 extra pizzas we didn't even order, and the pizzas we did order were wrong. When we questioned it the staff member was rude saying we did order it, so my family member took the incorrect pizza just to be polite. Then the staff member was so rude saying we had ordered the extra pizzas and it was a waste. It has actually upset me as I feel this put a downer on the evening. When the bill came we had to put it threw 3 times as the machine didn't work. Also the bill was wrong as we were charged for the extra, but this was amended. Must mention the lovely man who gave us our bill as he was actually very nice.
I will never visit again which is a shame because the restaurant is very pleasant.
As paying customers I do not expect to be treated in this way.

12  Thank Louise P
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Having finally organised myself to book a table in good time, four of us ate at this restaurant in the heart of Bradford on Avon - a gift to me for Father's Day. Due to the need for a wheelchair we had a table on the ground floor and I wondered whether the proximity of the main entrance would prove a problem but that was not the case.

The food was excellent and the service likewise - this may have been our first visit but likely to be the first of many. The interaction of the staff with each other and the attention that each bestowed on their guests was exemplary. Thank you!!

1  Thank DPL80
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I had a nice evening in this epic setting. The food was great and tasty. Only thing is that the portions are smallish but I’m a big guy.
What the place could benefit from is tablecloth to cover the cheap looking tables and make it look more elegant. This is just a suggestion that may not be important to other guests.