“Good food and atmosphere”
Review of The New Inn

The New Inn
Price range: US$6 - US$63
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Local village pub serving good food and beers. Open log fires in the winter and dogs are welcome.
Kitzbuhel, Austria
“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I had not tried this hostelry before and when some friends came to visit and a group of us wanted an evening meal out we chose the New Inn at Westwood being only 7 miles from home which was convenient

We made sure of a table by booking before hand and a good job we did as it was busy and for a group of 5 would have been difficult o get in somewehere on spec

The beers were a good selection of local products and the place appeared to have a good ambience, we were given a table in the window which ahd plenty of room for us but was in the area of the walk through to the toilets, but did not necessarily cause a problem

The menu had a good selection of meals and the service was quick

when the food was served it was well presented and favoursome and good servings infact over generous, people will not go hungry being served here, the prices were very reasonable and comparable with the other pubs in the area we have tried.

A pleasant evening was had and we would go back again, but to get a table at the weekends in might be advisable to book.

Well Done to The Inn at Westwood

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Jerry P

Battle, United Kingdom
“Perfect Country Pub!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Superb food at very reasonable prices. Unpretentious and charming interior and excellent service. The New Inn manages to retain the local country pub atmosphere whilst providing an excellent place to eat

Visited August 2014
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Professional and friendly service, super food and drink”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Forced off the allotment by a sudden downpour my wife and I decided to drive the five miles or so to The New Inn for a Saturday lunch. We had eaten here (and reviewed!) only a short while ago and thought it well worth another visit.

On entering the pub we received the usual bright and breezy greeting, the barmaid acknowledging us with a hello and a friendly smile even though she was busy serving somebody else at the time. Little touches like this, friendliness, politeness and professionalism from the staff, set some businesses apart from others, making the customer feel valued and therefore more likely to return – lots of other pubs and restaurants that I have visited could learn a lot from a visit here!

My wife chose venison with mushroom risotto and I went for the more traditional fish and chips. We ordered a pint of IPA and a glass of Malbec to drink and sat at a table near the window in the bar area to wait for our food. There is a large restaurant area away from the bar for those that prefer it, but it might be wise to book if you do.

The pub was quite busy with a buzz of conversation and it is clear from the familiarity of greetings between customers and staff that the pub enjoys a good deal of regulars. This helps to give it a friendly atmosphere which many establishments relying mainly on the food side of their business are not often able to achieve.

Our food soon arrived. The venison risotto was exquisite. The meat being rare, tender and full of flavour and the mushroom risotto complimented it perfectly. The fish and chips were also very good, nicely cooked so that the flesh broke invitingly into succulent, white flakes whilst the batter and the chips were good and crisp. The menu said that this dish was served with tatare sauce and mushy peas; I found the tartare sauce to be a bit garlicky, which I didn't expect and wasn't quite to my taste and the peas were more of a thick pea and mint puree served in a small ramekin. I would have preferred a good spoonful of proper mushy peas but I guess that’s just personal taste and all in all I was more than happy with the meal and couldn’t quite get through it all.

It is worthy of note that the wine was excellent, a good match for the venison and superior to most wines we have tried in pubs recently (if not ever!). The beer here is always good.
I have to admit that I was a bit jealous of the wife’s choice and next time we visit this pub to eat I will definitely make a more adventurous choice.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Andrew S
“Good hearty British food!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We recently ended up here when looking for a decent Sunday lunch.
I was not disappointed!
I had the roast beef, of which I got 2 nice chunky slices with a selection of seasonal veg. It was all extremely tasty, in a lovely thick homemade gravy.
The pub itself is very attactive and old fashioned, with a large beer garden.
I thought the meal was perfect, although my partner thought the food was too rich and "meaty" for her. Luckily I'm the one writing the review, so 5 stars it is!

2 Thank Rob T
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Amazing little pub”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Great friendly people, served a good selection of drinks and the food was mouthwatering. We was fortunate enough to meet some of the locals on a Spanish night they did and the locals were very inviting and nice people to talk to.

Visited July 2014