“Friends and family weekend away” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Leigh House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bradford-on-Avon
Leigh House
“Friends and family weekend away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

We've just spent 3 days at The Barn, which is part of Leigh House. We were welcomed by the owner with a plate of home made scones, clotted cream and jam. Delicious! The owners were very helpful when we needed them. There were 11 of us in our party, 3 of which were very young children. The place is beautiful and the bedrooms huge, and very comfortable in comparison to places we have stayed in before. Each bedroom having its own en suite was also nice to have. The living/dining area was also very spacious. The kitchen is very well stocked with high quality equipment, which made our Sunday roast easy to prepare. Unfortunately we didn't spend much time in the games room but a few of us popped over to play a couple of games of table tennis. It's a lovely huge area.

There is a Sainsburys about 10 mins drive. The place is very close to Bath and all it's attractions. It's perfect for large groups, people with children (even very young ones) and any group that are looking for a quiet place to stay, yet close to other amenities. Perfick!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julie B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Wrexham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

A wonderful warm welcome was received along with some warm scones for afternoon tea on arrival. An immaculate cottage which oozed quality from furniture and fittings to the towels and bedding. The beds were so comfortable in all bedrooms. My young daughters loved exploring and playing princesses in the quaint bedrooms and loved playing outside in the safety of the field and in the playroom. The gym equipment and sauna were enjoyed by the adults as well as the BBQ area. There really was something for everyone. A little touch of luxury from which we enjoyed exploring the surrounding area. Sue was happy to help out with anything we asked of her - most accommodating and eager to make the stay as enjoyable as possible. A much enjoyed break shared by three generations.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

Thank you for a wonderful & relaxing stay at "The Bake House". We thoroughly enjoyed every minute.  We had every convenience we could need and the best of everything.  We look forward to returning in warmer weather.  We loved our "cream teas" and canal walks in Bradford on Avon and never itred of the beautiful decor and views from our little house.  Well done on creating a little bit of magic in the South of England.   Joe & Ashley, Ireland,  June 2013.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joe-j-Gannon
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

Being super organised I booked Leigh Barn a year in advance and boy am I glad I did…. I booked the barn for my whole family to stay in in the run up to my wedding. The barn is absolutely beautiful and with Sues good taste it really felt like home from home (in fact we considered not leaving and claiming squatters rights!). In the run up to the big day Sue couldn’t have been more helpful, on arrival there was bunting up and handmade biscuits (with bride to be iced on!), although we catered for ourselves there is the option to get people in to cater for your party, Sue was flexible with check in times, changes of linen as people came and went and nothing was too much trouble.

As well as Leigh Barn, there is a separate cottage onsite (the Bake House) which I also hired for my bridesmaids and her parents…. She was heavily pregnant and after the speeches her waters broke so along came the baby!! Sue was wonderful and dug out baby monitors, cots, blankets and anything else she could get her hands on to make them comfortable so they were able to have the first night with their son in the Bake House….. magical.

A truly memorable time, in a wonderful house, with dreamy beds (most comfortable beds EVER!) and a great host… and to top if off we even managed to find time for a game of table tennis or two in the games room.

I feel like we’ve made new friends and would love to return!

• Liked — It was home from home...
  • Disliked — The kitchen wasn't as equipped as it could have been...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Malvern Wells, Worcestershire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

I spent my 44th birthday in Leigh Barn and this was a very special birthday for me as I have been obsessed with the number 4 for my whole life so this really was the BIG birthday! I had been to meet Sue to look around the barn when I was trying to decide which of the Bath Holiday Rental properties to book (by the way I would very much recommend Bath Holiday Rentals) and she was so friendly that I chose the Barn rather than a property in Bath centre.
I had explained my obsession with the number 4 and I was really touched when we arrived to see that she had left some individually hand made and decorated 4 shaped biscuits for me.
My husband had also arranged for the Barn to be filled with 44 enormous 4 balloons and Sue had been very helpful with the balloon lady.
The Barn is beautiful, very tastefully decorated and lovely and warm and welcoming. We stayed in on my birthday night and had a a catered dinner party using a caterer Sue recommended (Arlene from the Fat Fowl) and it was brilliant.
I could go on as I am still on a high from the best weekend of my life but the summary is that we were glad we stayed outside Bath as the parking was easy and we were within walking distance of Bradford, which is beautiful, and close enough to Bath that you feel you get the best of both places. The Barn has a great games room and all in all is a wonderful place to spend a weekend with family or friends.

• Liked — The main living room open plan space filled with balloons!
  • Disliked — the bedrooms upstairs have low beams and low access to the ensuites so you need to watch your heads!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
North Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

Leigh House although situated in Bradfrod on Avon is THE perfect location for Bath because of its proximity to that beautiful city. Sue welcomed us on arrival and showed us the workings of the self-contained Bake House. If you are looking for a modern B and B then Leigh House may not be to your linking; but I would urge anyone to give it a try. I think it's an Elizabethan house converted to a stand-alone apartment. It is roomy with two good bedrooms; a small but efficient kitchen plus bathroom with a perfect shower. Sue has fitted the place out with tasteful furnishings which add to the sheer comfort. We can't wait to visit again

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

I recently attended a girly get together at Leigh House and i have to say it was absolutely stunning, the decoration and the hospitality exceeded our expectations. Sue the owner ( i believe they have just taken over the barn) was at hand if we had any questions that needed answering and also provided us with a fabulous cream tea on arrival.

From the wooden beams to the ensuite bathrooms, the kitchen - to rival any kitchen i have in my own house - and sauna i could happily say this was one of the best cottages i have stayed in. I will definately be back for more and would happily recommend it for anyone looking for a real "treat weekend"

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends