Merkins' Farm Cottages
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bradford-on-Avon
See available hotels
Swan Hotel(Bradford-on-Avon)
Bradford Old Windmill(Bradford-on-Avon)
View Hotel
Homewood Park Hotel & Spa(Hinton Charterhouse)
Woolley Grange(Bradford-on-Avon)
Widbrook Grange(Bradford-on-Avon)
Church Farm(Bradford-on-Avon)
  • Pool
The Moonraker(Trowbridge)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I recently stayed at this small campsite and although the cafe on site is indeed very good I was extremely dissapointed that there was no hot water for either washing dishes or hands etc. The shower charge is 50p for 8 minutes which is the only way to get hot water unless you heat your own water. I would expect hot water at least for dishes.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Frequenteatout
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Anyone living within 20 miles of Bradford on Avon must come here for breakfast or lunch! I recently stayed in a 5 star hotel in London and commented to my wife that the English breakfast served at Merkins was far superior. I had lunch for the first time last week and it was equally good. The owners and staff are all so friendly and the restaurant is located aside an open field with sheep roaming around. The owners have a love of collecting items from the 50's and 60's and there is a real trip down memory lane looking at the various items in the restaurant. In the winter there is a lovely log burner giving out heat and the atmosphere is unbeatable with families or cyclists on tour stopping for a well earned break. I have not used the camp site, caravan site or cottages but if the standard is echoed from the restaurant, I am sure they are top quality. Do not think twice about visiting this fine gem of a restaurant!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We regularly bring the kids here for lunch or a cooked breakfast. Although the prices have gone up a little, the food remains very good with excellent service (always with a smile!). Our kids were particularly excited to find a little kids trivia quiz on the table at our last visit.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We spent three nights in Puddings Barn, a cosy barn conversion for two. It was warm and comfortable in this bitter spring ; beautifully clean and well appointed, the odd quirky features in the decor add to the experience. When I looked at the guest book I was surprised to see it had been in use since 2007 as everything seemed much newer. Lots of nice touches like Fox's chocolate biscuits as well as tea, coffee and milk ; games, puzzle books, etc. Everything worked as it should.

You can have breakfast delivered from the excellent cafe but we opted to go to the cafe when we were ready. The cafe was bustling and the food superb even though there were only two caravans on the campsite. It is off the main road so can't get passing trade, so locals must make a point of coming here.

The cottages have a separate entrance and parking area from the campsite. Free WiFi, digital TV, a quiet setting and good views. A highly professional family operation.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed at Merkins last year and had a wonderful time, such a great campsite and the cafe is just perfect so clean and cakes so delicious and there is always a friendly face. I havent stayed again since our last stay but I did look to book for this year and noticed the awful review they have had from a previous review. The camp site is just perfect and the outlook from the cafe couldnt be better please ignore this review and just go to Merkins as you wont get any better campsite and the food is delicious. We will be back again in the summer

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple