Stayed recently with wife and 10 month old baby plus dog
1. Beautiful period building from the outside with lovely maintained grounds
2. If you have children aged 5+ then this could be a good place for if you do not want luxury, but plenty of children activities and room for them to run around
3. Dog had great time, as could roam everywhere and roam off lead on the grounds except for eating areas of course
4. Steriliser, bottle warmer and a plug in mini fridge provided for baby (the best of the pros)
1. This is a 3 star hotel NOT a luxury family hotel yet still charges luxury prices
2. Car parking not convenient for hotel (why is this such an issue you might ask?)
I don't think I have ever stayed at a hotel where they do not ask or help you with your bags to your room. For Woolley Grange this is apparently the norm? As we trundled through reception with bags, child in arm and dog on lead, nobody offered to help. Truly disgusting!
3. The room although officially should not be available until 3pm was not ready until 3:30pm. We specifically decided to arrive at about 2:30pm, as one would normally expect a room that is vacated at 11:30am that morning to surely be ready by 3pm, especially considering we would be arriving with a 10 month old baby and would need to get to a room instantly, either for feeding or changing.
4. On arrival we asked for something to eat - a food and drinks menu I hear you cry!! No chance this is Woolley Towers
"ham cheese or tuna my dear" was the verbal option
5. Room not ready - time to change nappy. Wife went into toilet which was dirty and not the most private downstairs toilet Another guest walked in and then left the door open on my wife changing a nappy - you know who you are, you should be embarrassed as a mother yourself!
6. Arrive in room, no tea/coffee making facilities.
7. No safe for personal belongings
8. No mini bar
9. Although room had been newly refurbished and was clean it was not a high quality and lacked any type of sumptuous feel (vinyl flooring to bathroom - do I need to say anymore)
10. Small bathroom, one sink, no separate shower
11. Communal areas in the hotel (close your eyes and hope you get to your destination in the hotel with minimal visual impact - very tired old and grubby)
12. Drink before dinner, never turned up
13. Food - we decided to take ourselves through to the dining area after waiting to long for a drink that never arrived
14. We were not offered the a la carte menu
15. On putting our baby to bed, travel cot provided had no matress, and simply a liner - luckily they had a spare old wooden cot that did have a foam air flow matress. What was concerning was that they thought the cot did not need a matress and that a liner would suffice? That said the gentleman on duty did sort a new cot out immediately
I needed to leave a day early due to work commitments, (a blessing in disguise). I had to get the bill adjusted twice and explain to them there own cancellation policy, otherwise we would have been charged 100% of the full cost of the room again after the initial 20% deposit for the second night we would not be staying
Two things did make us smile as we left. One, the fact that we were leaving, and two that I spotted one of the chefs walking around with an England team logo on his chef hat/cap, which again reminded me this was not a luxury location but that the euro football tournament was about to start!
In some ways I feel we should ask for a full refund for being mis sold what is apparently a "Luxury family hotel" break - feel free to offer us some compensation!
Simply reminding people that you are slowly refurbishing and looking to improve is in itself an admission that you are not there yet.
Until it is, Woolley Grange should not advertise itself as being the fished article. It should adjust its rating/description accordingly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family-friendly hotel, restaurant and spa set in 14 acres of lovely grounds on the edge of Bradford on Avon and the Cotswolds. Freshly cooked food from the walled kitchen garden, comfy country bedrooms, open fires, children's club and ELEMIS spa with two swimming pools. Pets welcome too! Only 15 minutes from beautiful Bath...ideal for a town and country break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Woolley Grange reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woolley Grange Hotel Bradford-On-Avon