“Suited to grown ups with children.”
Review of Woolley Grange

Woolley Grange
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed one night stay at Woolley Grange a group of four adults and one small person. Service was attentive and friendly. Facilities for children were excellent. Very good evening meal however farmhouse breakfast a little underwhelming. Characterful bedroom with shabby chic vibe.

• Stayed: November 2012
ClareHammond, General Manager at Woolley Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Dear eggnalf

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted you had a relaxing weeekend with us and hope to be able to welcome you back again very soon.

Best wishes
Clare and the team at Woolley.

Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

Having spent a few days at the Hotel relaxing and using their spa & crèche facilities I can fully recommend this Hotel! The staff are exceptional, helpful and polite. The afternoon tea by the fire is a MUST.Having a three year old generally means my Husband and I rarely get two minutes to relax together but their on site crèche is fabulous! My Daughter loved it there and also loved the pool (we've been to other hotels and found a no child policy on pool admission so loved the fact she could join us at the Woolley's pool) I visit MANY four and five star establishments and I can hand on heart say the Grange is my new favourite place! If it's a break away with the Family or even a romantic trip for two look no further!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank SarahP1976
ClareHammond, General Manager at Woolley Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2012

Hello Sarahpphotography

Thank you very much for your review and I am delighted you had such a good time visiting us at Woolley Grange.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best wishes Clare and the team at Woolley.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

I had booked a long weekend away and wanting to take my dogs along, Woolley grange seemed a perfect place to stay ...
I arrived Friday night in the rain and driving up the building, Woolley grange looked beautiful and cosily nestled in lovely surroundings! I parked and made my way to the reception. I was greeted by very friendly receptionist and their cute dog! Everyone was very friendly ad polite and I was swiftly shown to my room. The accommodation was not what I had expected at all. My room was not part of the main building, but rather an outbuilding which looked like a porter cabin. The room was poorly decorated, ripped bed spread, uncomfortable mattress, claustrophobic and dark. The only windows were at the far end of the room (the extension), the room was extremely exposed (every one walking to the spa passed by and had a peak in to see what is going on, thus I had to keep the curtains drawn at all times, making for a very dark and dingy room (sadly the lighting in the room was insufficient)!

The dark mixed with the noise (I could hear every little noise from room above/next to me) made for a rather uncomfortable setting.

I had looked forward to my weekend away but had to leave early and forfeit the last night as the room was very uncomfortable.

I also found the fact the I had designated table for breakfast very odd! It felt like I was at boarding school!

I am sure the rooms in the main building must be much nicer, warmer, cosier and more welcoming, but the outbuilding was not nice!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kensingtonyogini
ClareHammond, General Manager at Woolley Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Dear NedaNikbakht

Thank you very much for your feedback and posting a review. I am very sorry to hear you were not entirely happy with your room.

Half of our rooms are in the main building and remaining ones are in different buildings. Your room, located in the Coach House had a traditional wooden summer house attached which provides an additional seating area. The room you had is ground floor and I will consider whether voiles would help provide the privacy (but not make the room darker) and at the same time, review the lighting and see if we can enhance the experience. I will also check the bed, as we bought a new set of beds including toppers in the last year as part of our programme of refurbishment.

I do hope your experience does not deter you from visiting us again and I would be delighted to talk through different room options which might suit you better.

With my best wishes
Clare

Reviewed 15 October 2012

We visited Woolley Grange for a weekend and when booking I was heavily influenced by the positive reviews on trip advisor. However, I was very disappointed, not just by the lack of luxury but the lack of basic comfort. When booking I had requested a refurbished room but this request was not granted - instead we were given a loft room up two flights of stairs and that was in desperate need of refurbishment. The size of the room was good, large enough for my 3 year old and 1 year old but I was expecting a suite. The bathroom was shabby, with no shower (only a bath). There was nothing particularly baby friendly about the room apart from a nappy bin and changing mat. The bed was large but uncomfortable and the room was cold. Unfortunately, the service in the hotel did not compensate for the lack of comfort, staff were very friendly and nice but the restaurant service was repeatedly slow - on one occasion our drinks arrived in the middle of our meals. The restaurant was shabby and needed a good clean. On a positive note, the crèche facility and the spa were very nice. However, until the hotel is fully refurbished I do not think the prices charged are fair. We were in a rush to leave on Sunday but had we had the time we would have asked for a discount.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NS33

Dear NS33

Thank you very much for your review and feedback following your stay. I am very sorry to hear you were not entirely happy with your experience. I have discussed the issues you raised with our team to ensure the quality of every aspect of the stay across all departments is consistently high.

I am very pleased to hear that the Den and Spa met your expectations.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with you. I will try to identify you from your review and contact you myself; in the case that I cannot, please do call me at the hotel.

Best wishes
Clare

Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed for 2 nights, wow,it's perfect & has everything u want for a family getaway. Can't rave about this place enough! Room was very large & it had a big walk in wardrobe which is where our 18 month old slept. Bathroom also big with underfloor heating,nappy bin,changing mat! In our room we had a mini fridge which was great to keep her milk in. Spa is lovely had a pregnancy massage! Indoor & outdoor pool. Although indoor pool was a little cold. Restaurant was fantastic! They offer a set meal for toddlers which is great value for money. Staff were so so helpful, nothing was a problem at all.Would definitely go back!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2012

My husband and i stayed for 3 nights with our 14 month old daughter and had a fantastic time. The house itself is beautiful, very classical and traditional and a perfect size, which meant you got to know the staff, who were excellent. Of particular note was Poppy, who made a great effort with our daughter, addressing her with her name each time, very attentive and friendly, yet extremely professional too. Our room was fine, a little dated but a great size, quite and with stunning views across the front. Our daughter was in our room and a relatively light sleeper, so this was a slight disadvantage and next time we'll be sure to choice more carefully. The food was delicious and the smart 3 course dinner is well worth doing one night, although could be rather expensive and filling if you went for each night of your stay!. Finally the spa was great- very luxiourious and i had the 'September special' with Jade on my last morning which was heaven. All in all it was lovely break, creche was fab too and i cant believe there would be a more child friendly and well equipped hotel out there! Cant wait to return again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Gandon_12
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Stayed for two days, with a child of eighteen months and grandparents. Hotel and staff made the youngster very welcome and the toys and play areas were excellent. We would come back.

The service, though friendly, needs some work....particularly when it comes to timing of the meals. Also we were staying mid week and a conference was booked into the hotel which ended up using many of the common areas. Not a big issue, just not perfect.

However, for a few days out of london with children, it is hard to beat. We particularly loved the pool and the garden.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Crazyteamtravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford-on-Avon
Widbrook Grange
Bowood Hotel, Spa and Golf Resort
Bishopstrow House
Bishopstrow House
#1 of 3 in Warminster

Been to Woolley Grange? Share your experiences!